Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240151 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3075 on: July 26, 2013, 12:25:17 am »

Na'vi secret strats!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 26, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

I played a Spirit Breaker game just now where I went top with a lane partner only to find out they were trilaning with an extremely strong aggresive trilane. So I decided to go roaming instead as staying in the long lane against Crystal Maiden + Treant + Lifestealer is insane.

I grabbed dust, charged enemy Weaver at bot lane since I figured with my charge and Void's bash we had a pretty good chance of killing a 500hp hero. As I got closer, Void starts yelling at me to not bother trying to kill Weaver and then he runs back to tower. Then he berates me for trying to gank.

So I go and try to kill mid instead. Mid does the same thing, which makes me think they're all queuing together and are similarly stupid. Bull charging in with free stun, let's run away to our tower for no reason and yell at him.

Game goes on and we start losing for obvious reasons. Then they decide it was all my fault for not ganking and stopping the enemies before they got fed and therefore I must have Down's Syndrome (their words exactly). =|

Haaah... pubbers.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 26, 2013, 03:49:21 am »

You could have had easily destroyed the weaver if you had the ulti. Space Cow is a broken hero right now, insanely powerful with no effort OR farm required. Especially since you already had dust. Heroes just melt.

I was in a game where our team was lightyears behind, with me as the only carry (and 2nd highest value) and enemy having 4 fed carries. 1 on 1 the bloody cow just destroyed them all.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:50:57 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 26, 2013, 11:42:37 am »

You could have had easily destroyed the weaver if you had the ulti. Space Cow is a broken hero right now, insanely powerful with no effort OR farm required. Especially since you already had dust. Heroes just melt.

I was in a game where our team was lightyears behind, with me as the only carry (and 2nd highest value) and enemy having 4 fed carries. 1 on 1 the bloody cow just destroyed them all.
But after ~30 minutes (Or when people start to 5-man) he falls off pretty hard. Almost Treant levels of hard. The bashes still hurt and at least he has a bunch of stuns, but a hard carry that he didn't shut down early can stomp his face with just a bit of farm.
Of course, there are not many hard carries that he can't shut down early. And if there were 4 carries in a team, none of them could be fed enough.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 26, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

Yeah, he's a little ridiculous. The closest I've come to finding a counterpick for him is Treant, who can possibly save the people he's murdering early-game. And then, as ranter says, they both become irrelevant.

I think his stuns are probably the best part; he can initiate like almost nobody else. The ability to gank in one side lane, then charge back to the other to keep farming is pretty silly good.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 26, 2013, 12:54:12 pm »

But after ~30 minutes (Or when people start to 5-man) he falls off pretty hard. Almost Treant levels of hard. The bashes still hurt and at least he has a bunch of stuns, but a hard carry that he didn't shut down early can stomp his face with just a bit of farm.
Of course, there are not many hard carries that he can't shut down early. And if there were 4 carries in a team, none of them could be fed enough.

I disagree, for he can become the bash lord with MoM, AC & all that stuff, and he shuts down every carry that depends on BKB. Everything about him ignores magic immunity, it's pretty ridiculous.
It's like Void that traded backtrack and chrono for the sb ulti, global initiation, two reliable stuns that go through everything and insane movespeed. With Scepter his ulti has a silly 20s cooldown, and it insta-destroys support heroes.
With proper timing the bloody ulti can counter voids ulti (and everything else).

He was terrible before the patch, but now he's clearly over the top.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:57:12 pm by Stworca »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 26, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »

It's the BKB-penetrating disables that are really good late-game. He has two reliable and one unreliable disable that ignores magic immunity.

That said, he does need to snowball. He's got basically no farming potential, so he needs early hero kills. Of course, he's ridiculously good at getting early hero kills, so this isn't a huge drawback.  ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 26, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »

The key with him, just like with Crystal Maiden or Slardar or any of those guys is that he must get the first 1 or 2 kills early. It's almost mandatory or else you're dooming yourself to a really unfun game.

But like you said, he's very well equipped for it... provided you are the bashlord.

Generally speaking he can kill anyone at level 1 or 2 provided he has backup, but when the guys you are running to help decide to pussy out, then you can't do anything unless you bash three times in a row or the enemy is so smart he thinks he can 1v1 you. I have fond times of when I managed to bash a CM three times in a row at level 1 though. So much rage.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 26, 2013, 08:26:11 pm »

I'll agree that spirit is probably one of the most annoying pub heroes to play against, but I've started having fun trolling SB pickers with morphling/other heroes that have invulnerability frames in spells to counter his ult.  So funny to watch a player just stand around confused for a sec because they completely wasted their ult while you walk behind a tower.

EDIT: Timbersaw has also become my favorite hero ever.  So much fun to play.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 26, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

Timbersaw is glorious. Everything from his Spiderman-ning to his voice acting.

He's also an extremely strong laner whether it's mid or side lanes. No one really expects just how absurd his damage is. In mid your saw does crazy damage every time the enemy comes near and at the side lanes his chain also hurts like hell and it cools down so fast. You gotta manmode with him and that sings with me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 27, 2013, 01:21:10 am »

Doublepost! Again!

If you bought a Compendium, check your inventories for a free immortal item. There are five different ones and which one you get depends on your luck skill.

I got the snazzy weapon for Vengeful Spirit that gives her new sounds to her autoattacks and spells as well as makes everything awesome-er. Her Wave of Terror now looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Her Magic Missile also changed to becoming more sparkly as well as the autoattack.

While I really like it, I also want to get the Kunkka Whale Sword which does this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 27, 2013, 01:42:22 am »

Got the Lone druid one  :'(
If only it was the pudge hook it worth like 7$
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:57:29 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 27, 2013, 03:07:42 am »

I got the Kunkka sword. And I already had a Finblade. Now, for the first time I have to decide between using a really good looking cosmetic or another really good looking cosmetic. And between spending the money I got from steam cards on the new immortal items (Because they will be worth a lot in a few months) or Shadowrun returns.
Choices, choices, choices.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 27, 2013, 10:07:20 am »

"- Shadow Demon: Fixed Demonic Purge killing summoned units like Warlock's Golem"

This was a bug?! I was always picking SD when i've seen Warlock  :P

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 27, 2013, 10:43:24 am »

You should always be picking SD, regardless if they have Warlock or not.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 246