Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240148 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3060 on: July 19, 2013, 03:34:16 pm »

Alliance will stomp, that's the safe bet. I like Na'Vi's and Tongfu's flashy (wacky even) plays, i absolutely love Burning on a carry.. But Alliance is stomping them all.

It will come down to Na'Vi + Alliance against the entirety of Far East. The other western teams are stomp material for them Chinese.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 19, 2013, 03:39:57 pm »

Alliance will stomp, that's the safe bet. I like Na'Vi's and Tongfu's flashy (wacky even) plays, i absolutely love Burning on a carry.. But Alliance is stomping them all.

It will come down to Na'Vi + Alliance against the entirety of Far East. The other western teams are stomp material for them Chinese.
I'm not so sure [A] is in poor form right now losing to mouz 2-0 and the real bad game vs Kipi we have to see how the next week and a half get them I think teams are starting figure them out.

I don't see IG getting far at all they are a shell of the former selves but LGD.cn and Orange seem to be making up for that in the east.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: July 19, 2013, 03:44:11 pm »

We've all lost to mouz at some point in the past, it doesn't mean much.

People seem to forget that some games simply do not matter.. Like the entire group stage during Alienware Cup. Na'Vi went for a Mask of Madness Lina, for crying out loud.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: July 19, 2013, 03:47:16 pm »

We've all lost to mouz at some point in the past, it doesn't mean much.

People seem to forget that some games simply do not matter.. Like the entire group stage during Alienware Cup. Na'Vi went for a Mask of Madness Lina, for crying out loud.
true [A] is up against EG right now and they seems to be losing but yeah everything will be different at TI   

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »

I'm gunning for Alliance. I like their play a lot. They came out of nowhere, crushed everyone, and maintain an incredibly dominant position.

Na'vi and Fnatic are also excellent. Any one of these three will take it I think.

I also like DD / Quantic quite a lot too. They aren't as stellar as the others but their strategy and technique is amazing. They're the guys who brought Treant Protector to the forefront after all. And they've also intentionally given Alliance all their core and best heroes before and still beat them.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 19, 2013, 06:47:31 pm »

I do love me some Treant Protector. I haven't been keeping up on the tournaments very well so far, but I've seen loads and loads of really good teams. It's hard to say who'll win. I enjoy watching teams that use the heroes I use, though, so I guess I'll have to keep an eye on Quantic.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:49:03 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:14 pm »

I don't know. And that only makes it more exciting. The #1 team changes every single week. It's going to be real fun guys.
Also, I think that after the wake up call of alliance to the chinese, they are going to give us a few surprises in TI3. At least LGD.cn and DK (The way they turtled in game 1 against [A] even with the advantage they had was pretty impressive) will put up a fight. And I expect something fun from orange and zenith too.

But if I had to bet for someone, I'd say Na'vi. They are doing better and better for moments and have a team full of playmakers.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: July 19, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »

Watching Dendi play pudge is will make you believe psychics exist.

The guy is an absolute god with him.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: July 23, 2013, 03:13:19 am »

I made a smurf account after getting sick of my insane queue times as well as wanting to roflstomp a bit.

First game on smurf account, 28 kills 1 death as random Spirit Breaker. I reached level 25 in 17 minutes.

Mine was the anvil upon which many newbies broke and uninstalled. I feel bad now. There was another smurf on the enemy team playing Riki and he racked up 20+ kills as well. Just I did better. I broke all their spirits and they all ragequit one after another. So it was just Riki at the end.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:31 am »

I feel bad now.

You should. Going out of your way to ruin the fun of some newbies is not a good thing.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: July 23, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, after that one single game. ONE GAME. Dota 2 put me in very high matchmaking where all my teammates and enemies were 600+ wins.

Still won though ehehhehe...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: July 23, 2013, 06:14:41 pm »

I'm gunning for Alliance. I like their play a lot. They came out of nowhere, crushed everyone, and maintain an incredibly dominant position.

Na'vi and Fnatic are also excellent. Any one of these three will take it I think.

I also like DD / Quantic quite a lot too. They aren't as stellar as the others but their strategy and technique is amazing. They're the guys who brought Treant Protector to the forefront after all. And they've also intentionally given Alliance all their core and best heroes before and still beat them.

Let me lead off by saying... I love watching Fnatic. Even if there wasn't the chance of some N0tail Meepwnage, I'd still love watching Fnatic. But they don't have a snowball's chance in Florida of winning TI3. Their play is awesome to watch, but waaaaay too inconsistent to win such a major tournament. (Minor spoiler: watch today's games versus VP. Fnatic lost 2-0, both times against the same Prophet + Morph splitpush strategy.)

I'd put Alliance and LGD.cn in the grand finals, possibly with Na'vi and one of the other Eastern teams in the top 4. I hope Fnatic at least makes top 8, though.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: July 25, 2013, 02:42:11 pm »

Pfahahaha. Laning with Undying while playing as Outdoor Decorator sure is fun.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »

Pfahahaha. Laning with Undying while playing as Outdoor Decorator sure is fun.

I think you needed Slark as well. Full stat stealing strat!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 25, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »

If you in the mood to watch a interesting game of dota I recommend this  http://www.joindota.com/en/vods/6669-navi-vs-kaipi-grand-final-game-3-the-defense-dota-2-playoffs-tobiwan-and-synderen was a good fun game of dota to watch.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 246