Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240131 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3045 on: July 12, 2013, 05:58:31 pm »

Is his ult really that good? People react to it as they react to blademail, wich usually means ignore until the buff is gone.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59:30 pm »

Abbadon is so ridiculously good...

He can do everything.

Look at his level 1 stats: 600hp, 60 damage, 2.3 armour

Then you get his shield, even at level 1 it's donkeyballs. On application it removes almost all negative debuffs. Then it blocks ALL damage up to the 110 threshold at which point it returns it in a massive AOE. The best part, cooldown is almost nonexistant (hell, the duration of the shield is longer than the cooldown at all levels) and the mana cost is so low. Especially combined with the fact that this guy has such good int gain.

So can you imagine level 1 fighting this guy? What on earth are you supposed to do? Every 12 seconds he basically has immortality and if you try and fight him, you will die.

Oooooh, and then there's his passive. ANYTHING you attack, will grant you and anything else attacking it a whole crapload of buffs. So if you're running away from a 5 man gank? Whack a creep and get free haste for 5 seconds. Chasing an enemy? Whack him, slow him, and give your whole team haste. Works on towers too.

Everything about him is batshit insane. His Q is such a good INSTANT nuke and also heal. His R is crazy. Basically he ain't dying unless you 5-man gank him and chain CC until he dies.
yeah his big weakness is cc and that you can kite him but in pub it kinda hard to do that someone just going to go on him when his ult is up and he going to get full HP
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: July 12, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

Abadon's debuff works on denies too. I feel that it's a bug. It allows for too much lane control, buffing enemy creeps.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: July 12, 2013, 06:20:42 pm »

Abadon's debuff works on denies too. I feel that it's a bug. It allows for too much lane control, buffing enemy creeps.
I don't remember if it worked like that in dota 1
Edit: wait it buff the other creeps? then that is a bug a big one as well

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: July 12, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »

Abaddon's big weaknesses is kiting. He can purge CC effects with Shield and/or Ult, but then you have to go through the cast animation. He's got nothing to handle enemies with higher speed or constant CC (Frost Arrows, Orb of Venom/Skadi).

He looks like he'd be a good trilane support, maybe even an aggressive trilane support in conjunction with a #5 stunner. Shield lets your team be extra-reckless, Death Coil provides good sustain, and one point in the passive gives a reliable 15% speed boost to your team and 5% slow on the enemy. I'm seeing him working a lot like Undying, but trading the awesome pushing power of Tombstone for the superior killing potential of Curse and the extra survivability of Shield + Coil (vs Soul Rip). Get the stunner to disable a target, then rush in and hit them once. If the enemy team tries to focus someone, shield them followed by a coil.

Oh god, that's ridiculous. Also possibly risky (giving the enemy heroes a 15% speed boost is never a good thing!), but still interesting. The wiki claims it also works on towers, meaning the note I made above about "not pushing as well as Undying's Tombstone" might not be true - hit a tower once, and the creeps get 10% more attack speed!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: July 12, 2013, 06:27:21 pm »

It works on everything.

Towers, catapults, creeps, Roshan, etc. At any time you want to haste your team just right click something and ask your team to right click it too. Yes, this applies to denies as well. They don't even have to actually hit it, just the action of clicking on it will give them the 15% bonus movespeed.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: July 12, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

It works on everything.

Towers, catapults, creeps, Roshan, etc. At any time you want to haste your team just right click something and ask your team to right click it too. Yes, this applies to denies as well. They don't even have to actually hit it, just the action of clicking on it will give them the 15% bonus movespeed.
Yeah working when you hit your own creep and rosh should not happen it must be a bug

Dota is currently unplayable for me I'm not sure what happened but if it does not get fixed by monday I will make someone else the guild leader since i will not be able to play dota anymore. 

Edit: found out what's wrong 2GB of my RAM has is dead so yeah....
So who wants to be the new guild leader? Anjin-san is the new guild leader since Umi said no
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:50:54 am by Alkhemia »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: July 17, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »

new patch
GAMEPLAY
- Abaddon: Fixed Abaddon's illusions applying Curse of Avernus.
- Abaddon: Fixed Aphotic Shield being dispelled.
- Abaddon: Fixed Mist Coil Heal/Damage order.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood's bonus armor not showing properly in the UI.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed the Fountain doing no damage to Gyrocopter 's Homing Missile.
- Io: Fixed Tether sharing mana regeneration when you have full mana.
- Io: Fixed Spirits initially spawning 250 units away instead of 150 units.
- Medusa: Fixed various spells being unable to remove the stun from Stone Gaze.
- Medusa: Fixed Stone Gaze facing requirement not taking into account distance once the debuff is added.
- Necrolyte: Fixed several specific heroes being unable to buyback for the rest of the game if they died to Reaper's Scythe.
- Omniknight: Fixed Guardian Angel not affecting Siege units.
- Silencer: Fixed Curse of the Silent being removed by Aphotic Shield/Manta.
- Slark: Fixed Pounce's Leash getting dispelled.
- Visage: Fixed being able to dodge Soul Assumption. because he was not strong enough  :P
- Fixed the free courier in Mid Only not always being controllable if you selected your hero too late.
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Bolt, God's Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.

UI
- Added automatic detection of GG calls in tournament and practice lobby matches, which then ends the game 10 seconds later.
- In the fantasy stats dropdown, players you have on any of your teams will be highlighted and mousing over them will list which of your fantasy teams they are on.
- Guild invitations now display who's inviting you, and how many members the guild has.
- Added a tournament drop for early roshan kills (before creeps spawn).
- Quick Cast now works on the portrait of your currently selected unit.
- Players can customize which messages appear on the Chat Wheel.
- Messages sent via the Chat Wheel appear with an arrow icon next to them.
- Calendar page now shows a list of tournament games per day.

VISUALS
- New Earthshaker model.
- Updates to some Earthshaker effects.
- Abilities that are configured to ignore Backswing will now continue their animation visually if they have no other orders or actions to take.
- Fixed Eclipse not always playing the missed Lucent Beam visual effects.
- Made Abaddon's Borrowed Time effect and healing more clear.

MATCHMAKING
- People who decline Matchmaking are temporarily restricted from searching for 45 seconds.
- Parties are more likely to be matched against other similarly sized parties.
- When matching parties, the matchmaker now also considers the minimum experience level on both teams rather than just the average.
- Reduced the average skill variance in games where there are 10 individual players.
- Fixed a bug in the matchmaker that was causing it to insufficiently segregate players based on win count.
- Fixed a bug that would cause excessive queue times, especially for large parties or high skill players.

AUDIO
- Non-default announcers will now comment on pick/ban phases.
- Windows Mixer control for Dota2 no longer resets to full volume on start up.
- Music volume floor goes to 0.
- Updated Abaddon VO.
new es
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: July 17, 2013, 10:55:05 pm »

"- Fixed a bug in the matchmaker that was causing it to insufficiently segregate players based on win count."

Wonder if this means I won't be constantly matched with and against absolute newbies.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: July 18, 2013, 03:03:24 am »

There are some complete and total newbs monkeys even on level 80. I feel that the matchmaking needs much more tuning than just being "win" or "level" based. But how?

- Io: Fixed Tether sharing mana regeneration when you have full mana.

This is bigger than it seems.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: July 18, 2013, 03:16:41 am »

But how?

Elo ratings? Hidden, of course, so that people won't be dicks about 'em.

EDIT: Eh, probably won't work, since that seems a more 1-on-1 thing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:19:22 am by Putnam »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: July 18, 2013, 06:50:38 am »

But how?

Elo ratings? Hidden, of course, so that people won't be dicks about 'em.

EDIT: Eh, probably won't work, since that seems a more 1-on-1 thing.
There is hidden Elo ratings, and if you go to recent games under watch, enter your name and a skill level you can see what vaguely you are in.

Levels litterally matter for nothing, it's all about the hidden player skill rating which isn't all based on just win/lose but also on personal performance.  Hell levels got implemented only after I had about 200 wins, and I do tend to get put against high skill or very high even though I am at the 'level' that someone with half as many games would be.
Nom nom nom

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:36 am »

There's a difference between a scrub at level 80 and someone with 3 wins playing with / against me I think. Even if they're smurfing it's still kinda ridiculous to have that kind of variance in games played.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: July 18, 2013, 10:24:13 am »

Maybe your losing streak was JUST long enough to be pitted against level 1 people  :P

Stop the game finding at the magical "search range" sweet spot to avoid these things. Unfortunately this is just how it works. The average level (of play) was the one that counted, with complete disregard for min and max ones. Once the search range exceeds "X" this is just what happens. Abort early, start a new search.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: July 19, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »

Hmm since TI3 is only a few weeks away who do you think will win? Right now I would say Navi.
Also anyone just watch the D2L final?

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 246