Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240109 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2985 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:27 am »

Welp PL for navi this is not going to end well for Navi
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 09, 2013, 10:30:23 am »

Hey, folks. I've been playing loads and loads of DOTA 2 lately, so I figured I'd pop in. My Steam name is Tyrannosaurus X, which might need an underscore. I'd love to join the guild.

As for games not being over until the ancient dies, I recently played a 60 minute game, where about halfway through I remember the kill counts being something like 12-32, but eventually we won a teamfight. Then we won another, but the enemy team had taken all our outer and middle circle of towers, plus a tower and ranged barracks on the bottom lane. We kept killing them as they wore down our base, and I recall actually saying 'GG' at the 55 minute mark when they were massacring our ancient. Then our Glyph came back up, we respawned, and I used my magic Treant powers to heal and protect the base a little bit while we drove them out. We killed four of them, the other fled, and then we charged right at their base (sans me, who stood back to stop the creeps and protect the ancient from a backdoor attempt) and kicked right through the middle barracks and the ancient, while I frantically tried to stop the enemy Spirit Breaker from finishing off our Ancient first. One of my favorite matches of all time, and everyone was ready to call it quits on my team at the 30 minute, 50 minute, and finally 62 minute mark.

Anywho, I generally play with my roommate and his friends, all of whom are level 70-95. I do a little poorly in that level of match, but recently I've been stomping in matches at my level. (I think 8 now?) This is probably related to the other 9 people in the match rushing for carries right off the bat, and me picking Treant Protector to idiotproof mine. Treat Protector is my jam, I'm something like 16-4 with him. I've been trying to learn Enigma and Windrunner, have some good practice with Zeus and Axe, and a few matches a handful of others. The one thing that I continually fail at is carrying. Enigma can do it given enough jungling, Windrunner can do it if nobody else is, but somehow I always end up as a support or Axe.  :P

Any good recommendations on a carry to practice with? (Please don't say Drow Ranger. Even if I wanted to, it's already claimed immediately in every match at my level.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 09, 2013, 10:35:07 am »

In regards for which carries to practice with, Shadow Fiend is the hero you pick for practicing last hitting. You won't have much issues with people camping you mid in your bracket, so becoming a good carry shouldn't be too hard.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:00 am »

I will recommend all carries that meet three requirements :
- ranged
- orb (well.. all of them are ranged..)
- is relevant mid AND late game.

Thus : Clinkz, Viper, Drow, Silencer, Huskar to a point
They are lane-winning carries, that will pull ahead in both last hits, denies AND harassment in all but the most nightmare-ish of lanes.

Back to Alienware :
Xbox, king of throws.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:38 am »

I found melee carries to be easier at the start but maybe that just me.
Naix/Gyro are probably the easiest real carries to play.
Alch a pretty good one as well.

meh stay away from drow tbh she so bad  :P

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:36 am »

It depends. Drow can snowball out of control if she has an easy mid enemy. DK mid? Drow will have 82 last hits and 40 denies in 10 minutes. Magnus? See above. QoP? You'll feed, and lose the game for the team.
You're squishy AND have no escape mechanisms, it's the perfect character to play as, to learn how to keep positioned well. She also hard-counters the OTHER low-bracket powerhouse : Ursa.

But aye, Clinkz Eastwood, Viper and Silencer are easier and more versatile options.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 09, 2013, 10:44:09 am »

It depends. Drow can snowball out of control if she has an easy mid enemy. DK mid? Drow will have 82 last hits and 40 denies in 10 minutes. Magnus? See above.
You're squishy AND have no escape mechanisms, it's the perfect character to play as, to learn how to keep positioned well. She also hard-counters the OTHER low-bracket powerhouse : Ursa.
Huh i've not played vs a ursa in a while but then again I only play single draft
Added: You have to tell me about the final game I need to go to bed I've been up all night.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:46:53 am by Alkhemia »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 09, 2013, 10:47:44 am »

The problem with Ursa is that - in Pubs - he ALWAYS finds the kills, which translates to a total snowball, and half the team shut down by Ursa ganks. He's like the melee Clinkz, who also happens to solo Rosh.
But until he gets blink, the drow destroys him with no effort. It's pretty sad to watch how some classes cannot do anything against 70% spammable slow. Hell, even the level 3 frost arrows translate to certain death.

Drow is easy to deal with if you know HOW, and so is Ursa (to a lesser extent), but at level 8, people do not.
It's trickier to deal with Clinkz or the others, but they also don't snowball as hard.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:03:09 am by Stworca »

GP Trixie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 09, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

Hey I've been playing quite a bit of dota 2 too. I usually play with a friend or two but it's even better when the other half of the team are not some random strangers who may or may not ruin your game. So can I get invited into the steam group ? My steam name is GP_Trixie.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 09, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

Hey I've been playing quite a bit of dota 2 too. I usually play with a friend or two but it's even better when the other half of the team are not some random strangers who may or may not ruin your game. So can I get invited into the steam group ? My steam name is GP_Trixie.
net time i'm on i'll add you

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 10, 2013, 01:34:25 am »

Haha, I have a really funny story for you guys.

So Valve was having some funky server problems today where you couldn't find a match no matter how long you waited. So to try and circumvent that, my friend and I decided to queue with every single setting on. So all languages, every single country including South America, Russia, China, Australia, etc. and all game modes.

We actually got a game.

We had no idea where we were. We literally couldn't identify the language the people were speaking. I will quote what they were saying.

"Hus acap kat wkwkwkwk"

"tida mid wk"

To top things off, we both had 400+ ping and we were both supports extremely dependent on ping since we randomed in all pick. And when we went to lane it was against a Trilane!

I don't think it's possible to have a worst case scenario worse than this.

But it actually wasn't all bad even though we ended up losing. After our teammates realized we couldn't speak their language (I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's some variant of Bahasa) they all switched to really broken English so we had a very small amount of communication. Also literally nobody flamed and everyone gg wp'ed each other at the end on both teams.

But the lesson is, don't turn all the queue settings on. :P

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2996 on: July 10, 2013, 03:07:42 am »

Hey guys

Dota is officially out of beta

Also I need added to the guild but whatever
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:56 am »

Hey guys

Yeah but..I mean really anyone who wanted to play could just have gotten a invite but w/e we get a fancy bloodstone medal for being "Vets".

I'll add you when I get on either add Deep Sea Diver Man or give me your steam name

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2998 on: July 10, 2013, 01:39:14 pm »

Hey guys

Yeah but..I mean really anyone who wanted to play could just have gotten a invite but w/e we get a fancy bloodstone medal for being "Vets".

I'll add you when I get on either add Deep Sea Diver Man or give me your steam name

Think you can add HighZealot to the guild as well?
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 10, 2013, 06:11:23 pm »

Oh look a new update oh what this WE GET A GODDAMN HERO!
Also Mac and Linux Dota but who plays games on a mac?  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV8lEVLrIpc
CHANGELOG

Added Abaddon!

GAMEPLAY
- Death Prophet: Fixed AI on Exorcism spirits that caused them to sometimes be less efficient and linger on units far from you
- Doom: Fixed Doom not disabling Flak Cannon
- Huskar: Fixed being able to attack while he is leaping in Life Break
- Jakiro: Fixed Liquid Fire debuff being removed by Manta/BKB
- Lich: Fixed the order of damage instances on Frost Nova
- Omniknight: Fixed his spells not working on Mechanical units
- Phantom Assassin: Fixed Stifling Dagger projectile speed traveling a little too slow
- Sven: Fixed Storm Bolt aoe not hitting invisible units
- Fixed Siege not getting increased damage when the Ranged Barracks dies
- Fixed Buckler and Mekansm +2 active armor buff stacking
- Fixed Vladmir's Offering not working on Siege units

TRAINING
- Added match making option to opt out of Limited Hero mode
- Fixed some players not receiving item rewards after completing training tasks
- Play Tab will now remember your previous selection
- Fixed various progression bugs in Mechanics II
- Fixed disabled skill assignment using CTRL+Ability when in tutorial

COMPENDIUM
- Added Player Card rewards. Unlock the Smeevil Crab mount by stamping complete teams
- Added the International Fantasy Challenge.

UI
- Added a hotkey to Select All Units
- Added a hotkey to activate Speed Burst on your flying courier
- Minor reorganization to control settings page
- Fixed Replay Speed Decrease hotkey missing from the configuration panel
- Increased the maximum number of total spectator slots from 14 to 22
- Removed Favorite hero count limit
- Moved Solo Only Matchmaking to a setting on the main Find Match tab.
- New Tournament Drops:
... When a player reaches a Godlike streak
... When a Courier is killed
... When a player buys a Divine Rapier
... When Earthshaker Echoslam's 5 heroes
- Fixed Quick Cast bug preventing use on neutrals/couriers

VISUAL
- Fixed Global Silence not showing the visual effect on Familiars even though they are silenced
- Updated ability icons for Dark Seer and Dragon Knight
- Added new disarmed effect
- Fixes for a few portrait based effects, such as Enigma's vortex

AUDIO
- updated Mekansm SFX.

PLATFORM
- Added support for Mac OS X
Minimum Mac OS X Requirements:
OS X Lion 10.7 4GB RAM, 4GB Hard drive space. nVidia 320M or higher, or Radeon 7000 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher
- Added support for Linux
Minimum Linux System Requirements:
Ubuntu 12.04, dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1, 4GB Hard Drive Space, OpenAL Compatible Sound Card
Mac and Linux support is early and experimental. They will be remain in Dota 2 Test until the testing phase is complete. For reporting bugs, please see the Dota 2 GitHub at https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues For community discussion of the Mac and Linux versions head to the Dota 2 Dev forums at http://dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447

WORKSHOP
- Added Mok mandrill courier
- Added Defense Grid announcer
- Fixed orientation on Bounty Hunter's Jinada Glows on workshop items
- Fixed Nether Ward effect orientation for workshop items
- Added support for workshop authored effects on Kunkka's weapon

BOTS
- Bots will no longer stare at a dropped gem, futilely trying to destroy it. huh they fixed it that was a funny bug

UPDATE 2
- Fixed a couple missing control groups.
- Fixed Aphotic Shield not always dealing its full damage when it explodes.
- Fixed Curse of Avernus not giving you the speed bonus when attacking buildings.
- Fixed Borrowed Time interaction with debuffs/stuns.
- Fixed Borrowed Time not removing Doom.
- Clarified Aphotic Shield tooltip.
- Added Legacy keys for Abaddon.
- Fixed Abaddon base armor.
- Fixed Abaddon illusions not dropping below 1 hp.
- Fixed Borrowed Time not working properly in -wtf mode.
- Fixed Curse of Avernus not slowing attack speed on enemies.
- Made a number of tweaks to Abaddon effects.
- Added Solo Championship Voting.
- Over the next couple of days existing players who participated in the beta will be granted the Gunslinger’s Rifle (the reward item for playing match-made Limited Hero Pool games)
- Increased number of item drops when a Tournament Event occurs.
Should also point out this in the test client not the real one yet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:02:49 am by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 246