Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240104 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2970 on: July 05, 2013, 04:41:01 pm »

Witch Doctor's ward is actually a separate, untargetable unit that attacks with fountain attack speed.

So yeah, just like how Venomancer's wards can be evaded, so can the Death Ward.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

Two interesting games tonight.

First game, I randomed Puck. I do alright mid versus Pudge (should've done better), our other two lanes start dominating. We're ahead ~20 kills by this point, take their mid rax, everything's looking good. Suddenly, and seemingly with no transition period, their Alchemist goes from "Shadowblade + stun then die" into "HOLY %&*$ I'VE GOT BKB + AC + BASHER" and proceeded to murder our entire team. Our Lion getting caught out of position 3 times in a row didn't help, to be fair. We lost a game that, honestly, we should've won.  :'(

Second game, I randomed VS and swapped with a randomed Warlock. Again mid, again do alright (versus a pretty decent Invoker). Their team has a Huskar, though, and after a few mediocre fights we're in danger of losing. Then Jugg starts getting solo picks, our Slark starts murdering, and I manage to farm an Aghs. The rest of the game consisted of me dropping the rock somewhere near the fight, right-clicking our fountain, and microing the golems while Slark + Jugg ran around killing stuff and my hero prayed that he'd run back to base. We won a game that, honestly, we should've lost.  :o

This may provide some justification to Valve's stance of "no, we aren't adding a concede button", because I'm pretty sure both of those games would've ended much earlier, and with a win for the opposite team, if surrender was an option.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51:16 am »

You can come back from anything in dota one teamfight late game can win or lose you the game.
Someone get caught out of position/You smoke up and take a free rosh/You smoke up and get a pick off/etc

Also you learn to never let a alch get free farm he must of had a midas.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:57:50 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 08, 2013, 07:49:00 am »

Suddenly, and seemingly with no transition period, their Alchemist goes from "Shadowblade + stun then die" into "HOLY %&*$ I'VE GOT BKB + AC + BASHER" and proceeded to murder our entire team.
Clearly you've never seen Alchemist properly played before. This is what he does.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 08, 2013, 08:13:04 am »

You can come back from anything in dota

No, you can not. In 60+ minute games? Sure.
Anything less, and some gaps are too big. Join the "Stop the 'Game isn't over until ancient falls' lies 2013" group.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:14:53 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: July 08, 2013, 09:29:11 am »

You can come back from anything in dota

No, you can not. In 60+ minute games? Sure.
Anything less, and some gaps are too big. Join the "Stop the 'Game isn't over until ancient falls' lies 2013" group.
well I mean a game of dota not a stomp

On another note I found out the stream group had a bad apple in it as in some bot called community admin that was try to steal people credit card info it has been taken care of but to make sure the group is invite only now. (Thanks to Kilakan for the heads up)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:32:28 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 08, 2013, 10:34:49 am »

What? there was a bot trying to steal credit cards? I would like to think B12 is avobe the rest of the internet and none of us would fall for that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 08, 2013, 08:28:43 pm »

What? there was a bot trying to steal credit cards? I would like to think B12 is avobe the rest of the internet and none of us would fall for that.
No idea if anyone did fall for it or not, but I realized immediately that when I got the message the url link it gave 'From the community admin's random prize draw' was a redirect link with steampowered misspelt as steampowred, for a game I don't think actually exists and has some long bullshit .drop.in.ta.ect tacked on
Nom nom nom

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »

Any chance I can join this B12 Dota group? My name is rexmundi15 on there

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 09, 2013, 12:49:06 am »

Any chance I can join this B12 Dota group? My name is rexmundi15 on there
i'll add you next time i'm on
Edit: I'm so happy in one of the Navi vs Lgd.cn games Navi pick a Clinkz and funnik was a monster.

So how many people here watch pro dota?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:30:55 am by Alkhemia »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:27 am »

Is that a rhetorical question? You have to watch pro dota to know how to improve.  ;)

That Clinkz pickup caught Lgd with their pants down, bending over to pick up the soap. The Chinese LGD can come back, though (game 3 going on). They play the boring, shitty farm-for-an-hour 4+1 Dota, but it works often.
Still, Funn1k is the MVP in 4 out of every 5 games. Amazing plays, the gem of Na'Vi.

With this being said, i want to see Xbox team up with Rotk one day, and fountain dive 5 minutes into the game, as fucking Meepo + CM. You know they would.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:10:36 am by Stworca »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 09, 2013, 09:12:28 am »

Yeah but he getting better less crazy aggressive.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:13 am »

Must be all the thrown games.

Then again, the group stage of Alienware didn't matter, so they could go 0-8 (they went 1-7) and it's a great time to check things out. I mean.. They went Mask of Madness Lina once :D Trying out strategies - Throwboct seeing how far he can dive - against top CN teams with nothing to lose.

Shotgun SF is a nice build.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: July 09, 2013, 09:21:29 am »

hmmm on to game 4 I wonder how this next one will go.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 09, 2013, 09:28:12 am »

As long as LGD doesn't get their bullshit AM offensive trilane with a Treant offlane/jungle (so essentially an offensive quadlane), it's at least going to be a game.

AM, SD + Treant, and then another 2. The Ukrainians don't know how to deal with that.
Edit : Then again.. Who does. Nerf Treant '13
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:41:58 am by Stworca »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 246