Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240069 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2880 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:35 am »

Ah, so not the 7 billion abandons you claimed to possess in that one commentary?

I was rounding up that time. Quite generously  ::)

Speaking of which, how many times did people comment and tell you that Helm of the Dominator =/= Vladmir's Offering?

What about Helm of the Vladmir?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:43 am »

It's generally more Vladmir of the Dominator, as Ursa would put it.

Also, just because I can say it; "Invoker is Spy!"

Dennis Bateman, the guy who voices Invoker also did both Pyro and Spy in TF2.

Furthermore, I looked up a couple of those fancy words he tosses around ingame.  As suspected, they're being used improperly.  It's just Carl trying to sound more impressive.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: June 20, 2013, 11:56:00 am »

It's generally more Vladmir of the Dominator, as Ursa would put it.

Also, just because I can say it; "Invoker is Spy!"

Dennis Bateman, the guy who voices Invoker also did both Pyro and Spy in TF2.

Furthermore, I looked up a couple of those fancy words he tosses around ingame.  As suspected, they're being used improperly.  It's just Carl trying to sound more impressive.

As a completely irrelevant aside, way back when I actually suggested the original Invoker concept (or as I called it, Evoker) and talked back and forth with... Guinsoo, I think it was? I tried to find the original DOTA forums to prove my claim for shits and giggles, but failed ;_;
But yes, you can direct all your invoker hate on me.

Who is this Ursa?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:24 pm »

Speaking of which, how many times did people comment and tell you that Helm of the Dominator =/= Vladmir's Offering?

None, as i corrected myself about that "effect affecting ranged heroes?" issue immediately, on that months old video.

I'm more of a MoM guy myself
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: June 20, 2013, 12:31:49 pm »

MoM really? *shrugs* i hate it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: June 20, 2013, 01:03:14 pm »

It has a time and a place.  Slightly higher passive lifesteal, with an active ability that gives you +100 attack speed (the highest single boost in the game) and +30% movespeed for a respectable period of time.  Plus, it's cheap.  1900 gold total.  Helm of the Dominator is 1850.

The downside is +30% increased damage from all sources (except HP removal) for the same period.  Generally this means you need to either be capable of withstanding said damage with a lot of HP or damage reductions, you need to avoid the damage altogether (Void's chronosphere, Sniper's range, or just using it while advantageous), or it needs to be to your advantage.

An example of that last part is Blade Mail or Spectre's Dispersal.  Since they act off of actual damage dealt, they will return just as much increased damage for the effect of MoM.

As mentioned, it can be nice in some situations.  It's highly situational though, as it does make you exceptionally squishy.  I don't like taking it on squishy characters like Slark (even though he does recognize it with a custom speech line, and needs as much early attack speed as he can get) anymore, but on something like the aforementioned Void, a built-to-last Alchemist or even a beefy Spectre to get the most out of her chasing and desolation?  Sure, if it fits.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: June 20, 2013, 01:51:53 pm »

Spirit breaker, Void, Slardar. The bashlords are good with MoM

Sven in a proper team, with BKB, heart, wisp tether etc. you go for MoM due to it being the best option.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: June 20, 2013, 01:52:47 pm »

Spirit breaker, Void, Slardar. The bashlords are good with MoM

Sven in a proper team, with BKB, heart, wisp tether etc. you go for MoM due to it being the best option.

Or Mr. Skelly

YOLT

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: June 20, 2013, 01:54:15 pm »

You mean.. whatshisface.. Skeleton King?

I never see him in any game, ever.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: June 20, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »

You mean.. whatshisface.. Skeleton King?

I never see him in any game, ever.

That's the one! In a not very serious game, he is fun to Man Mode with. Just load up with as much damage as you can, and try to get the jump on the enemy. You can absolutely kill anything, and when you die.. well... respawn!

Now go camp jungle while the cooldown ticks.

Repeat.

Soak in noob tears. Rejoice.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:46 pm »

Even in "Hey, it's my first moba game EVER" bracket, there is always this asshole who made a new account, and who will stomp the Skeleton King.  :P

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: June 20, 2013, 02:37:06 pm »

Even in "Hey, it's my first moba game EVER" bracket, there is always this asshole who made a new account, and who will stomp the Skeleton King.  :P
I only have played about a hundred games, got in one game where me(bounty hunter) and sniper were laning against drow and SK.  I let sniper farm and went for the megajerk skill build so I would always have stealth and would just harrass them once every 15 seconds.  They both quickly ran out of regen, then died to me and sniper.  after about 3 deaths each, both of them ragequit.  I felt both excited that I managed to make someone mad enough to ragequit but also sad that the game would be ruined by that.  Commended the one guy on their team who stayed to the end.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: June 20, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »

I never see SK just because of all the Nyx Nyx Nyx Nyx kinda make him useless 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:37 pm »

SK in 5x OMG mode is pretty funny.

His 20% hp damage nuke does 100% hp damage but is not fatal hahaha.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: June 20, 2013, 04:15:43 pm »

SK in 5x OMG mode is pretty funny.

His 20% hp damage nuke does 100% hp damage but is not fatal hahaha.
oh they made a 5x now lol
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 246