Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240063 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2865 on: June 19, 2013, 06:43:26 pm »

You guys should check out how much armor he starts with lol.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »

Yeah he has 7 I think it the most in the game
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 19, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »

Yeah he has 7 I think it the most in the game

...holy ****. Yep, he starts with 6.96 armour. He's only got 14 Agi, but his base armour is amazing. For reference, 7 armour is a 29.6% reduction to incoming damage.

Also, he's also got a base damage of 30 (terrible), but an attack range of 700 (longest in the game, bar Sniper with 4 ranks in Take Aim or Aghs Enchantress). And his movement speed is only 270 (the famously slow Crystal Maiden still has 280).

TL;DR: Basically every attribute of Techies is either best in the game, or worst in the game.  :o

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 19, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

Also his atack isnt "hero" type, its siege as catapults if im not mistaken, wich basically means that he gets more reductions to his damage, also he has a horrible attack animation. He is basically a troll hero with no real use, its almost as playing 4v5 specially during teamfights.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:29 am »

Except, if someone walks.. oh, say.. Up the stairs from the rune?

20 mines, instagib. Techies will demolish every game in low bracket, where people don't understand what wards are.
The bracket, where shadow dagger means invincibility.

..So, anything below 95%+ :P

On the other hand, mines are mixed damage, so hood + AC, Mek Pipe and so on, will make Techs worthless in late game...

...except for the bullshit aoe 6s stun. Couple that with black hole? Team wipe (on a 10s cooldown)

We will see Batrider become even more popular, due to directly countering Techies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:56:04 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 20, 2013, 05:13:36 am »

Also his atack isnt "hero" type, its siege as catapults if im not mistaken, wich basically means that he gets more reductions to his damage, also he has a horrible attack animation. He is basically a troll hero with no real use, its almost as playing 4v5 specially during teamfights.

But...  Well, looking at the damage type/reduction sheets on the Dota 2 wiki, that means they would do approximately three times as much damage to siege creeps and towers as normal heroes do.  They apparently don't outrange towers though, they just match them.

Also, although composite/mixed damage is reduced by both magic resistance and armor, that also means it's increased by debuffs to both...  Plus, it goes through magic immunity.  Not that you're likely to have someone just wandering around the map popping their BKB before walking up stairs, but hey.

Also, Stworca, I can think of a couple other locations that could be useful mine locations, all depending on the situation.  You can deny a lot of popular juke/hook/ambush spots by exploiting the exact qualities that make them popular for those reasons.

EDIT:  Also, as far as attack animations go...   We've already survived Puck, Lina, Meepo and more...  Somehow I doubt that these could be much worse.  And if it's last-hitting you're worried about?  Remember that you're basically given a couple free CS/denies whenever siege creeps are involved, since you deal proportionally three times as much damage as anyone else can to them.  Which isn't bad, for a support.

Plus, I'm assuming these mines trigger on creeps.  Which means that when you start getting to be less effective in the later portion of the game, you can still at least bounce around and wipe out creep waves without sacrificing much of your team's fighting capability.  Or, heck, leave a present near your base should the enemy try to semi-push/stack a lane while you're off doing other things.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:02 am »

You could just stack 20 mines at enemy ancients  ::)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: June 20, 2013, 08:55:14 am »

So...  First day where I can almost assure myself 40+ uninterrupted minutes at a time so I can play Dota 2?  Why yes, of course it's time for your net to spontaneously explode whenever you're in a match!

Thanks to that, I now have two more abandons on my rap sheet and I think someone may have gotten pissed and reported me because they thought one of them was a ragequit.  Regardless, I'm in the shitbucket for a day.

Not that it matters much, since I clearly can't play anything online today anyways.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 20, 2013, 08:58:09 am »

My connection died as i was playing Slardar, thankfully i was farmed enough, for the team to win the game within 5 minutes.

I was quite annoyed, as so far, only 1 abandon taints my name.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 20, 2013, 09:47:07 am »

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/06/dota-2-19th-june-2/
Changelog
GAMEPLAY
- CM Time Penalty change from 20/50/90 to 30/70/110.
- Fixed it being possible to find out where enemy player cameras were looking.
- Prepared Dota 2 for VAC support.

UI
- Added support for forming and managing Guilds. You can invite, kick, promote, and demote members. They have a guild message that can be edited, a logo, and a chat channel. We’ll be continuing with development of additional Guild functionality!
- Added the ability to open a party to a guild, which allows members of a specified guild to freely join the party. Players can browse open guild parties that are available to them.
- NOTE: Guilds will remain disabled on the main client this week. They should be fully live next week.

- Quick Cast moved to separate keybindings, instead of sharing autocast’s bindings.
- Quick Cast can now be used on the minimap.
- Private lobbies can now specify the Dota TV delay between 10 seconds and two minutes. Six minute delay is available for league lobbies.
- The list of matchmaking regions is now sorted by distance from the user. Closer regions will be at the top of the list.
- The matchmaking system will now notify players if a region they wish to play in has gone offline for maintenance.
- Removed spectator item popups for wards, couriers, and dust.
- Fixed Aegis reclaim message popping up erroneously.

AUDIO
- Updates and minor revisions to some Zeus, Alch, and Pugna ability SFX.
- Added -nomicsettings launch option for users of external voice chat software.

PERFORMANCE
- Fixed a crash that could occur on multi-core CPUs.
- Fixed a crash when returning from alt-tab.
- Fixed an audio problem that could occur when disabling the active audio device.

COMPENDIUM
- Added 7 pages of Main Event predictions.
- Added Team Cup results page.

WORKSHOP
- Fixed limited hero selection in Workshop In-Game test.
- Added particle import step to some weapon importers that have gameplay-required particles attached to them (in-game particle preview not finished yet).

Huh we could make a bay 12 Guild if people are interested.
Also what VAC?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:51:50 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:47 am »

Vac is valve's anti cheating tool. Same tool used in all other valve games.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 20, 2013, 10:01:06 am »

Vac is valve's anti cheating tool. Same tool used in all other valve games.
Ah I see
Hmm since I made the steam group I'll make the Guild once it activated I'll post the chat channel so people can join once the guild stuff is activated.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:09:51 am by Alkhemia »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:52 am »

My connection died as i was playing Slardar, thankfully i was farmed enough, for the team to win the game within 5 minutes.

I was quite annoyed, as so far, only 1 abandon taints my name.

Ah, so not the 7 billion abandons you claimed to possess in that one commentary?

I've currently got 6 total, and 4 of them are from net issues.  The first one was from a co-op game where we were massively farmed, sieging the bot base, and basically just a stone's throw away from winning.

My mom called for me to come downstairs for something, and I notified the fellows and just went AFK in base instead of pausing or such.

When I came back, I found out that they'd managed to goof off for long enough before finishing that it counted as an abandon from my side.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 20, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

Ah, so not the 7 billion abandons you claimed to possess in that one commentary?

I was rounding up that time. Quite generously  ::)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:42 am »

I was rounding up that time. Quite generously  ::)

Speaking of which, how many times did people comment and tell you that Helm of the Dominator =/= Vladmir's Offering?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 246