Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240040 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2835 on: June 16, 2013, 10:55:26 pm »

EG and throw are perfect synonyms with each other. It happens so much there's even a website called http://whendidegthrowlast.com/.

I would never bet on them. Not even if the team they were going up against consisted of Sarah Palin, three monkeys, and a piece of chewing gum.

That game I linked was followed with an interview with one of the EG players (can't remember who) who talked about how the team gets overconfident when they're ahead, and how *cough* certain players *cough* tend to get very emotional while playing. Which at least indicates the team is aware of the causes of the 'EG throw'. Now, if only they could concoct a solution...
It was demon the main thrower that was in the interview.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: June 17, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

Did some more testing, this time just in wtf-mode for some giggles.  This of course let me find out a few gems regarding that mode and some funny effects one can achieve, but also showed me that Storm Spirit can in fact do pretty much anything while he's balling, as it doesn't appear to disable him in any way besides just moving him towards the target location.

He can still attack (thus using the charge he gets for launching himself into the ball lightning), use items, and even drop images.  I'm sure that if you had insane reflexes you could also pull off targeted abilities like his W, but since he won't reposition himself to get in range you'd need to know just when to attempt it.

Also:  Level 3 Ball lightning from Dire fountain to Radiant fountain deals enough damage to one-shot a level 25 Faceless Void (and a few others, I'm sure).

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »

Hmm... the wiki only claims that no-target abilities can be used, though it doesn't specify whether targeted abilities are disabled or just really, really difficult to aim. It also doesn't mention attacking while in flight, so maybe the wiki isn't a perfect source of info.

Also, only instakills Faceless Void if he doesn't proc the BS known as Backtrack.  ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: June 17, 2013, 04:30:09 pm »

You should get a shadow blade + regen rune on him for maximum trolling.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: June 18, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »

Notice:  Pudge hook can hook invulnerable targets, such as Waveform Morphling or Ball Lightning Storm Spirit.  Same goes for Clockwerk's hook, but Clockwerk won't stun or stop the invulnerable target.

Also, Storm Spirit is indeed invisible if Shadow Blade is activated during flight...  The lightning effect doesn't show up.

Extra:  If Clock hooks into a chronosphere, his target will get stunned but he himself will get stopped at the edge of the sphere.  No damage is dealt by the skill.

EDIT:  If a power cog pushes an enemy into a chronosphere, the push stops once they get hit by the sphere and are paused.  If the cogs push someone already paused by the sphere, the push carries out normally.  Clockwerk's battery assault is not stopped by chrono.

EDIT2:  If Clockwerk fires off a hookshot before getting chrono'd, he will pull himself out of chronosphere when the hook connects...  Even if he's already been disabled by the sphere.  So even though he can't go through a sphere, he can get out of one.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »

Kagus all that data will let me do some next level plays, my game will reach epic levels. I learnt 5 years ago you can armlet toggle to survive, even today i keep fail-toggling and dying to poison.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: June 18, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »

Don't feel bad lol, even in Dreamhack this week one of the super pros was doing awesome armlet toggling and survived so much craziness only to toggle at the wrong time and die to a ranged creep. It was hilarious.

I've done my fair share of completely failing armlet toggles too.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: June 19, 2013, 12:10:40 am »

http://dotabuff.com/matches/222849370 this game was the most fun i've had in a while it was a 72 min game   :D

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:52 am »

Kagus all that data will let me do some next level plays, my game will reach epic levels.

Somehow I doubt that.  Most of the stuff I find out about is circumstantial/useless that you're likely to find out on your own through mere chance or desperation.   It's a bit tricky to plan around most of these things.

However, the fact that Pudge's rot also goes invisible when shadow blading/invis rune-ing may be of interest, or the fact that Dismember treats Roshan as a creep, and so lasts for 6 seconds.

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, and you can activate SBlade after hooking, so the target gets hooked back to an invisible Pudge.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2844 on: June 19, 2013, 07:55:00 am »

You can also activate shadowblade during SB's charge, for invisibash.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: June 19, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

Ah shoots, they're going to have a vote on what hero's going to be released next. Damn Techie players were worse than Riki players back in DOTA 1.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:47 am »

Techies are going to win by 91239262932 out of 20000 votes.

Impressive, if you think about it.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:58 am »

Techies are going to win by 91239262932 out of 20000 votes.

Impressive, if you think about it.
Ofc Techies were so much fun back in dota 1 I'm voting for them or Winter Wyvern but I don't think we will even get to that lvl of the compendium

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:23 am »

Just had a single draft game where Tinker rushed.. mana boots.
Amount of supports : 1
Amount of NON-AFK supports, who start the game after 5 minutes : 0

Kill me.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: June 19, 2013, 09:10:22 am »

Just had a single draft game where Tinker rushed.. mana boots.

Kill me.
You poor soul

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 246