Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240022 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2790 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43:33 pm »

Oh man, that game with Kagus was baller. The team was luckily really good. Sand King died a few times (but he was on offlaner). I can't remember who the enemy had but from memory it was a very poor carry. At the end of the day Carrycopter won the day along with judicious use of Ravage and Necro's ANNOYING ultimate. Oh, and Epicenter didn't hurt either. XD

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 10, 2013, 03:24:30 pm »

Enemy team had Naga Siren as carry, which was an interesting pick considering it was picked after Gyro was picked on our team.

Beyond that...  Can't quite recall.  I think Invoker was involved somehow.  Also Clockwerk, who spent most all of laning phase sitting outside of XP range and just tossing flares onto us.

Also, apparently Viper's corrosive skin now also procs on spells?` In the Prophet game I mentioned earlier I'd pop off a Nature's Wrath and then get stung by his skin, despite him being on the complete other side of the map.  Strange stuff.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 10, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »

Yeah, it was buffed in 6.78. Now ganking him is a bit harder than before.

And I think that picking in CM is pretty easy. Just ask what the hell your teammates can play and get everyone to agree on a balanced team. Only try to counterpick in the bans. If you try to make a team built to counter the enemy team you will end up with things like a visage with perfect micro skills. Which is way worse than having that guy play something he can play well.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: June 10, 2013, 04:49:03 pm »

Its not that i get nevous on cm becouse i dont know what to do, my body somehow gives me the "this time its for real" feeling, like the outcome of the match meant something inmportant just becouse im playing cm.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: June 10, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »

It's most likely because that's what we're used to seeing in tournaments and other pro-league games.  You feel like you're treading somewhere that wasn't meant for you.

And then...  You realize it's the same idiots as usual.  Just dressed in nicer clothes.

After noticing that Refresher worked on Midas, I had to test a theory...  Turns out, Tinker's ult does NOT, in fact, recharge Midas (*phew*).  Or BKB.

However, it DOES rearm both Abyssal blade's stun and Ghost Scepter.  This means that with a couple/few levels of rearm, you can keep up a permanent ethereal/stun for as long as you have the mana.  Which, most likely, won't be very long.

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, and Soul Ring works on Wisp.  As in, the mana he gains is transferred 1.5 times down the tether.  Non-refundable, if I'm correct.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »

Thats why people make sheepstick on tinker :P.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:55 am »

Is there actually any reason to build Necronomicon?  The stats are decent, sure, but the creeps seem awfully pathetic for the cost.

Also, as I just found out, summoning them breaks channeling.  Luckily that wasn't the most important Black Hole that match...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: June 11, 2013, 06:26:51 am »

Is there actually any reason to build Necronomicon?  The stats are decent, sure, but the creeps seem awfully pathetic for the cost.

Also, as I just found out, summoning them breaks channeling.  Luckily that wasn't the most important Black Hole that match...
Not really not at the moment it to easily countered by Helm of the Dominator and most carries and even support can pick it up to shut it down they need to make it not be able to be grab by Helm.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: June 11, 2013, 06:29:17 am »

One could argue that the true sight is worth it, as it doesn't drop, and it's mobile.
Others, that the 600 health removal when the melee creep hurts aoe nukes.
There's also a bit of harass and mana burn on top of it.

But the item is bloody expensive to get to 3.  ::)
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2799 on: June 11, 2013, 06:42:25 am »

5 man necrobook rush and aura stack. Hell, Necrobook's good on Lycan alone due to the necrocreeps getting his passive bonus.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:35 am »

5 man necrobook rush and aura stack. Hell, Necrobook's good on Lycan alone due to the necrocreeps getting his passive bonus.
meh it pretty hard to get Necro 3 on a 4/5 support and if your main carry has it he doing less dmg then he should that 5200 gold that could go to a Bkb/Satanic/Scythe of Vyse/Mkb etc
and it countered by a 1850 item
If your support have the money for necro 3 you are already winning so hard that any item you get would be good.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:01:05 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: June 11, 2013, 07:01:50 am »

You can get Eul + Force Staff for that price, or a Scythe. Both options are superb.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2802 on: June 11, 2013, 09:06:05 am »

Yeah, but it's funny when you're fucking about.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:41 am »

Th true power of necro is kiting while the necrodudes pounce on the enemy (And good luck taking that 600 pure damage from last will if you kill the big one) and being able to leave them hitting a tower while you run like a wolf.. And burning mana. And raping supports, specially as rhasta , nigma or bane. Or buffing teams with AS auras. Or... I should stop here, don't want to give away too many tricks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:59:00 am by ranter »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:42 am »

IMO necro is only usefull with push strats where you need to improve pushing power at "all" costs, it is decent with beastmaster and lycan, both heroes are not in the meta nowadays so necro is basically out too. As said previously a suport usually dreams of upgraded boots and maybe a magnificent bracer unless the game is already won.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 246