Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240001 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2745 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »

in a bot match
If the bots are anything less than hard, this isn't anything to talk about. You'll dominate any medium bot matches or less. One of the funniest moments I've had in a bot match was as a horrendously overfed Templar Assassin, managing to kill three full-health heroes at once with a single crit psi blade.

Drow is a decent hero. For pub matches, at least. At the competetive level she's absolutely terrible, since the damage output is more or less the only thing she brings to a fight (along a mediocre silence). Combined with her inherent squishiness, you'll be targeted down and quickly killed without having done much if you aren't already at a gold advantage. But pubs aren't the most co-ordinated bunch, so running Drow will do you well. She's at least easy to play.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: June 05, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »

Oh how did you win your lane as zeus vs the new huskar you pretty much never be able to kill him

In short:  I didn't.  Couldn't touch the bugger, so I just had to back off since he outranged me and could stack the burning on me.  The he ganked me behind my own tower once he got his ultimate.  My only contribution to the lane was a few denies and some last hits, since I was far better at that than he was.  I realized that the patch had been applied for this update, and thought "Aww, shiiiiit...", and it was so.

We still "won" though, if only because they all quit.

in a bot match
If the bots are anything less than hard, this isn't anything to talk about. You'll dominate any medium bot matches or less. One of the funniest moments I've had in a bot match was as a horrendously overfed Templar Assassin, managing to kill three full-health heroes at once with a single crit psi blade.

I two-shotted the entire bot team one time as they were crawling up our bottom steps.  UltiSven + Battlefury + Daedalus.  Took me a second to realize what just happened.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: June 06, 2013, 05:52:05 am »

I two-shotted the entire bot team one time as they were crawling up our bottom steps.  UltiSven + Battlefury + Daedalus.  Took me a second to realize what just happened.

I just leave this here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: June 06, 2013, 06:08:11 am »

Have I said how much I hate tinker
 http://dotabuff.com/matches/212741453
Would of done better but I got dced for 4 min and had to fight for farm top with a pig still had like 20 min BoT
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:15:13 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: June 06, 2013, 08:39:33 am »

I blame the enemy players whenever I win with drow. My last match with her had a centaur and an slardar in the enemy team. None of them bought a blink dagger to get to my side and rape me. It also had a naga siren. she always saved the ult to escape instead of initiating and getting the team near me to squish me down like a bug. And whenever she was going to escape, SILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCESILENCE. The whole match consisted of the enemies trying to go across my whole team to get me, something they almost never managed to do thanks to frost arrows. And the times they actually managed to do it, they were in a perfect position for our frinedly treant to drop our ult.

And I disagree that her silence is mediocre. It's easy to catch 3 guys with it, and lasts as long as global silence. Combines with frost arrows, her high damage and a shadow blade, that gal can gank better than bounty hunter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:44:19 am by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: June 06, 2013, 11:16:53 am »

I'm hoping that one of Valve tutorials will be a free farming test.

Where they leave you in a lane for 20 minutes with freefarm just to teach people how to actually farm. And if you fail to come out of 20 minutes of freefarm with at least 500gpm, you get labelled with "FORBIDDEN TO CARRY" until you can actually do it consistently.

It's like a driving exam. You wouldn't let people drive if they didn't know how to operate a steering wheel.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: June 06, 2013, 11:30:54 am »

That's what you think, ahahaha! They just need to know how to pass the driving test. Ability to operate steering wheel beyond that means nothing!

The test, it is passed anyway. And then they're driving.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: June 06, 2013, 11:33:26 am »

Just don't give them some bullshit hero like Zeus to last hit with  ::)

Treant Protector with a quelling blade. You miss more than 1 creep/wave : you're out.
Not a carry, obviously, but has thrice the starting damage of some with a QB
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: June 06, 2013, 11:51:35 am »

Just don't give them some bullshit hero like Zeus to last hit with  ::)

Treant Protector with a quelling blade. You miss more than 1 creep/wave : you're out.
Not a carry, obviously, but has thrice the starting damage of some with a QB
Maybe there will be an advanced version.

The advanced version is where you get Lina who can't get levels, items, or spells and you must get every single creep per wave without a single miss. If you pass that test you get "holy shit" as your title.

edit: By the way, about two days ago I had a match where I was a Brewmaster mid vs new Huskar with constant Treant Protector living armour support. It was hell on earth. It was also when I remembered that you can't dodge orb attacks... At one point he towerdived me but nearly died, so as he was running out I thought it was a free kill and did the keg stomp. 20 damage.

:-\

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:34 pm »

Treant is a beast of a support. If not for his lack of scaling into late game, he'd join Wisp and KotL in first pick/ban. With a pulling / denying TP, you can just play recklessly. At level 7, 80 damage block for 7 attacks + a 200 heal. Spammable. Global.

When i was laning as TP, i picked Quelling and denied EVERYTHING. It was brutal.
You get nothing, GOOD DAY SIR!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: June 06, 2013, 12:58:42 pm »

Hell, you really don't even need quelling.  The dude already has 80 damage straight out the gate.  That's twice as much as some carries have to deal with.  Spend the cash on a shield instead, and just laugh at enemy harassment as you sit in the wave and deny everything.  Grab a little cash when the carry ain't looking, build yourself a soul ring and have a nuke-slow-heal on demand for the rest of the game.

Treant is fantastic.  Even later in the game he has his uses, since the damage block will stay relevant for a very long time and having a 4.5 second area root (on a 70 second cooldown, no less) that prevents autoattacking will stay relevant for a LONG time...  And all throughout, he's punching things like a truck and being the bane of jungle farmers everywhere due to his ability to invis around the whole damned area, WHILE using stuff like Leech Seed, orchid, dagon, necro, or any other activatable item you decide would be fun to be able to use while staying invisible.

The dude can actually semicarry to a small extent if given the right farm/items, if only because of his absurd base damage and massive strength gain.  ...you'd really need farm for this though, and you have better things to do, generally.  Like being awesome.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: June 06, 2013, 01:22:51 pm »

I play TP Jungle, it frees up a lane to have solo xp while still having healing support and ult ganks when you reach 6, also staying in jungle means you have damn near constant invis chance, so its hard to stop you from healing anyone and farming as you want.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: June 06, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

Im not saying its your case, but at pubs somehow people think that jungling anything its a good idea, and most of the time its not, you are basically instantly losing a lane (the one that solos) and most of the time you are doing it with shitty junglers (yes ursa can jungle, but it doesnt mean its good at it). Do you know how to trilane, are you pulling/stacking? are you suporting safe lane? most of the times the answer to all is NO, if thats the case please dont jungle. The im jungling and disapearing till 30 minutes into the game almost never works, and it will work less and less the further you play.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: June 06, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

Every game I've played TP jungle I win; being in jungle means that you can focus nearly the whole of your attention just on healing all three lanes, any towers that are damaged, and in pub it where people are less likely to call out for a save and more for after fight heals you can actually prevent certain kills and any last hits you would have had to steal to get farm to be helpful in team fights is got by actually killing things in jungle while semi afk by supporting the whole team actively, as well as stacking the camps if you have a carry in need of midgame farm, and generally being there to keep anyone from free roaming in to gank.  No you cant semi carry TP pure jungle but you can pure support.

For me it works.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: June 07, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »

I find it a bit interesting...since watching the tournament matches and seeing how the pros play has helped me in finding out how to play better, I'm not saying I'm pro or anything, but for example I just played a game with magnus, using RP to guarantee a kill or two is far better then trying to save it for when the enemies are clumped up in 3 or 4 when the enemy was using sladar and nature's prophet to try to split push.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 246