Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239996 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2730 on: June 04, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »

Trip....   Wha?

Really?  I mean...  Really?

I should talk, I just built Eblade on Treant...  But it was a bot match and we were just camping the fountain, so that doesn't really count.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 04, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »

He's got a 47% winrate lol...

Damage block does stack but not linearly. So you have the initial chance of blocking a certain amount of damage, and if that doesn't proc you get another chance of blocking damage. However, you can't block the same damage instance twice.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: June 04, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »

- Gem of True Sight: Gem can no longer be destroyed
- Earthshaker: Echo Slam now considers illusions as heroes
Note: Stone Gaze kills illusions instead of petrifying them
I know I didn't pay much attention to this update on dota, but wont this more or less stop cancer lancer?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:19 pm »

I think the nerf to his illusions are a bigger issue.

He still has that insane 4.2 agi growth though. Once again, that is quite literally double that of any other carry in the entire game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

- Gem of True Sight: Gem can no longer be destroyed
- Earthshaker: Echo Slam now considers illusions as heroes
Note: Stone Gaze kills illusions instead of petrifying them
I know I didn't pay much attention to this update on dota, but wont this more or less stop cancer lancer?
not really good luck having a support es get the money for a ult stick and medusa ult has always killed them

so I was trying out the stuff in the new patch and huskar is a monster so much attack speed and magic resist I just went phase/armlet/bkb/ult stick for all the gaming 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 04, 2013, 10:04:38 pm »

Holeee jesus cow in a handbasket Huskar is ultra strong now.

Edit: Ursa can solo Roshan at level 1 now. It takes him a minute and a half but it gives him level 5 when he's done hahaha.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 05, 2013, 12:48:55 am »

Holeee jesus cow in a handbasket Huskar is ultra strong now.

Edit: Ursa can solo Roshan at level 1 now. It takes him a minute and a half but it gives him level 5 when he's done hahaha.
They just fixed that, now it resets in 6 seconds on roshan, but still 15 seconds on everyone else.  :'(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:45 am »

So Huskie is a beast now, eh?  Hehe, nice timing, I just got that obsidian spear of his...  Speaking of which, did we ever get a trading market set up?

Also, what's this about something resetting at 6 seconds?  And that allowing Ursa to solo Rosh?

EDIT:
He still has that insane 4.2 agi growth though. Once again, that is quite literally double that of any other carry in the entire game.

Literally double, except for PA, Morphling, Clinkz and Drow (with ult)...  Also except for all the ones with 2.7, 2.9 and such, if we're going to get picky.  Even so, a PL without his illusions is mediocre compared to any number of those other ones.  Like a Void without his Chronosphere.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:06 am »

It means that Ursa being able to NOT-hit Roshan for 14 seconds and still keep the damage was game-breaking. Pay attention! Oi!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 05, 2013, 12:38:17 pm »

Pay attention to what?  Hmm?  Ooh, item...

Just had an actual pubmatch.  Single draft.  I finally rejoiced "Ooh, awesome!  ES and SF!  At last, some decent draft picks!"

Then I laned up with Luna, we dominated against Lycan and Siren (odd combo...), enemy Riki mid left, and after one more gank the rest of their team disconnected and we won by default after 16 minutes.

I swear, every time I get decent picks...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »

It's probably because it's your first ever pubmatch (or close to first) so the game still has you in absolute newbie pool.

--------------

Check out one of my recent matches's meta strategy: http://dotabuff.com/matches/211875718

Dagon 2 stronk.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 05, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

Actually, no.  I've played a number of games before, even 2-3 in the Very High skill bracket.  But apparently I got reset while playing bot games again...

Just had another Single Draft match, same deal.  I got Zeus (laning against new Huskar, FUCK ME.  Team doesn't speak/speak English so can't communicate lane change, ALSO FUCK ME), so I was happy.  First big team fight, we wipe them all out.  Enemy Venge abandons, everyone else follows suit.

Hell, in one of MY first games, three of our team DCed and we went on to have a very fun game where both I as Windrunner and our Phantom Assassin got hilariously fed and fought off the entire enemy team...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 05, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »

Oh how did you win your lane as zeus vs the new huskar you pretty much never be able to kill him
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 05, 2013, 04:01:55 pm »

Racecar Doom, reported success. Had to sell my drums to get the Refresher though.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/212476080

Fun Fact: Aghanim's Doom outdamages the fountain heal!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:29:15 pm by LASD »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2744 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

Ok, a well played Drow is OP as fuck. I randomed her in a bot match, decided "fuck it" and went mid, ganking at level 6. Seven minutes in, I got 3 kills under my belt-the only kills in the match. Twenty minutes later, I was dealing 600dps + silence + the ice thing. The only thing preventing me from using Drow to murder everyone's faces now is my dignity.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 246