Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239978 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2685 on: May 30, 2013, 11:06:30 pm »

You can also maintain courier speed if you only drink 2 charges of bottle, though I don't know if that's efficient or not.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 31, 2013, 07:23:44 am »

Question...  If you're playing a same-hero match and everyone gets Silencer...  How does the int steal work?

Watching a SHOM match with Pudge...  God damn this is funny stuff.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 31, 2013, 09:02:34 am »

Every silencer steals its own int.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:26 am »

All silencers around will also get the +int, so in the end - assuming team fights go for ties - everyone has more.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: May 31, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

All silencers around will also get the +int, so in the end - assuming team fights go for ties - everyone has more.
Yep it's like all pudge, every pudge gets str so in the end it's a bunch of really beefy fat men throwing tickle hooks at each other.
Nom nom nom

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:00 am »

The only same-hero match that i want to try, see, watch or hear about is All-Motherfucking-Meepo

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2691 on: May 31, 2013, 10:08:55 am »

I recall reading somewhere that all Meepo does weird shit with the clones. Might be talking out my arse, though.

rastrum

• Bay Watcher
  • The Computer Is Your Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 31, 2013, 10:54:30 am »

If I remember correctly, in a multiple meepo matchup if any meepo/meepodouble dies, every meepo in the game dies(as in, all 10 players would die).

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:31 am »

Unfortunately all silencers means the person who dies during a fight losses from 2 to 10 int per death, and seeing as its given to the other side its more likely that they will die again instead of get kills and be productive to team fights, it is within all likelihood one side will end up having all the int, simply because they will get first blood in a group and start snowballing from there having more damage and mana to cast spells under mana drain.

The average silencers battle will be a lot of auto attack because everyone is going to be out of mana very quickly, and silenced.

Also curse of the silent kinda does stack in a weird way.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:05:39 am by Marchosias »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: May 31, 2013, 11:11:52 am »

Here's a question. What happens if you stack two midnight pulses on top of each other. MP->Refresh->MP.
Both tick? One ticks? Nothing ticks? You get banned from DOTA2?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: May 31, 2013, 11:26:55 am »

You get banned from Dota 2.  But then again, that happens regardless of what you do or don't do.

So far as I am aware, only the one will tick since it's most likely acting as a non-stackable debuff individual to each entity in the affected area.  I can test it out later on, there was something else I was going to poke at as well...

I learned a while back that Ghost Scepter does not work with Jugg's blade spin.  And since I just heard that it doesn't work with BKB either, I'm just going to assume that you're generally not supposed to be able to grant yourself invulnerability like that for a few seconds.  Meh...

And yeah, Meepos share a global commonality.  If one dies, everyone dies.  Furthermore, if my previous test was actually indicative of anything, as soon as any one of them levels their ult only the first Meepo will actually start getting clones...  None of the other ones will.

Y'know what I'd like to see but hate to be involved with?  A Chenmatch.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: May 31, 2013, 11:31:45 am »

It ticks per each and stacks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: May 31, 2013, 11:50:40 am »

I see this glorious image of watching the minimap as two non-mid creep waves come together. Suddenly the waves swap colors and peel off toward midlane, to the sound of much rejoicing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

I see this glorious image of watching the minimap as two non-mid creep waves come together. Suddenly the waves swap colors and peel off toward midlane, to the sound of much rejoicing.

So, Lord of the Rings: Dota Edition?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: May 31, 2013, 06:04:08 pm »

You know...the all match are full of bugs...that I doubt will be fixed...if you have more then 1 wisp on a team, if two wisps tether each other then it causes a feedback that crashes the game(hint, wisp will try to amplify the healing/regen that is being recieved to infinity)...so insert dont cross stream joke...now I could be wrong and it was fixed...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 246