Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239951 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2610 on: May 24, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »

I know i shouldnt be saying this becouse i know i wont do anything for it to happen, but we could try to revive the b12 inhouse maybe? it seems more people are playing dota 2 now.
could try
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 24, 2013, 09:52:38 pm »

We could but most likely Alk or someone else would have to get it running. I barely have time as it is.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:21 pm »

Random (and useless) realizations:

Visage's familiars have broken chain links on the backs of their necks, matching the two shackles that Visage holds in his hands (so where does the third one come from?)

The DotA 2 icon symbol is a representation of the game map; the two triangular portions being the dire and radiant bases, and the diagonal slash being the dividing river.

Meepo's clones get progressively higher-pitched voices depending on which clone it is (Meepo prime having the deepest voice, 5th clone having the squeakiest).  Tiny's voice also drops each time he levels up his ultimate (most of you probably already know this though, it's a little harder to miss than the Meepo thing).

Windrunner is flat-chested (but has remarkably... "tight-fitting" pants).

While Lion consumes mana by siphoning it into his open mouth, Pugna appears to channel life energy directly into his ribcage by levitating his head a bit higher and having the stream go straight down his neck opening.

You can see Sven's skin by looking at the back of his helmet.  Part of his neck is showing, revealing that he is not, in fact, blue-skinned (regardless of whatever Crystal Maiden may think).

Shadow Fiend's abdominal area churns with the souls he's collected.  The more souls, the more visible lights and movement.  This is also reflected in his projectiles.

There was something else, but I can't remember what it was...  It'll come to me.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 25, 2013, 01:03:20 am »

Visage gets a third familiar when he picks up Aghs, which explains the third shackle. Good catch!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 25, 2013, 02:38:00 am »

Well, that's just it...  I knew about him getting a third familiar, the thing is that Visage only holds the two shackles (that I can see).  Which means the third familiar (with its own broken chains) is...  I dunno, a spare?  Held by the tail?  Was being walked by the local neighborhood Familiar-walker?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 26, 2013, 01:44:47 am »

CM was asking whether Sven was still sad. Not his colour.

If you took what she said literally, it would imply Sven could actually change his skin colour. Though that is probably not a stretch considering he's half fish.

"Sven, are you still blue under that armour?"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 26, 2013, 03:29:41 am »

Also not that much of a stretch considering that the original model was a felguard who didn't wear any armor beyond just the one pauldron.  The felguard's skin was naturally blue, but there was another model that had red skin instead, which was the one used for his ultimate.

So, in the old days, he really was blue-skinned and really did change it when he got angry. Sven SMAASH!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 26, 2013, 05:29:55 am »

Holy fuck alliance. They COMPLETELY trashed every single other team during G-1 league finals. Including the "superior" chinese.

Now it's on. The international 3 looks more promising than ever.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:02 am »

Holy fuck alliance. They COMPLETELY trashed every single other team during G-1 league finals. Including the "superior" chinese.

Now it's on. The international 3 looks more promising than ever.
WOOO GO ALLIANCE (NTH fuck yeah), seriously though they are a badass team that tends to get wayyy to much flak from what I've seen.
Nom nom nom

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 26, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »

It was not even Dota The Alliance just demolished them they never drop a single game.
They also picked up PA again a few times http://store.gs-media.de/20000/20083.png

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 26, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »

More stuff:

Treants (Nature's Prophet goombas) wear military dogtags around their necks.

Sniper has only one finger on each hand, plus the thumb.

Jakiro has a second set of wings on his arse.

Meepo's eyes point in different directions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 26, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »

Does anyone know how many games it takes to start unlocking courier upgrades?  I have 16.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »

Yeah I love nth / (A). They use so many awesome unorthodox strategies and they play like gods! It's not even boring ricing play too. It's truly fun to watch them. I said it before and I'll say it again. They're one of the strongest contenders to win TI3.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 26, 2013, 11:15:24 pm »

Yeah I love nth / (A). They use so many awesome unorthodox strategies and they play like gods! It's not even boring ricing play too. It's truly fun to watch them. I said it before and I'll say it again. They're one of the strongest contenders to win TI3.
yeah but we will have to see what 6.78 does to the meta game before TI3 maybe the return of morphling
I know pl naix nyx and gyro will get a nerf how bad of one we will have to see.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 27, 2013, 07:56:32 am »

I think that those guys won't be hit very hard. I expect pl to be nerfed in a way that makes the illusions hit buildings for very little damage, but no actual changes to his ability to fight heroes, Naix to have some numbers tweaked (maybe rage duration decreased for about a second or two), Nyx maaaaaaaybe have his mana costs increased (I think IF will just wait for players to learn to turn off their AoE when there's a nyx near), and gyro to be left alone. These guys might be a bit too good, but a few buffs here and there should be enough to make them fall a bit in favor of others.

But lone druid and kotl are getting the nerfhammer for sure. What a skilled player like bulldog can do with lone druid is just way too much for it to be allowed maybe the teleport or resummon will be nerfed in a way or another. And kotl antipush abilities are way too good, but a simple "Half damage to creeps" on illuminate would be against the concept of the hero, so I don't know what IF will pull.

I still don't see a way to fix the gayest lane in asia (kotl-pl) though.

But let's be honest, right now the hero pool is enormous. There ¡s no longer a Lycan first ban, but dozens of heroes that nobody wants to face, even if the opponents can't play them well.
If [A] got such amazing plays on G-1 finals was because they can play any hero really really well. You ban Druid and NP? Ok, maybe bulldog doesn't have his core heroes, but you just let Akke chen and wisp through. Wisp and chen out? Well, let me show you why S4 is known as son of magnus. Banning every single Loda hero, including rikimaru? RNGG says fuck you.
There are tons of viable hero picks. And just wait until guys like centaur, drow and troll get in, it will be even bigger (Troll-wisp-tiny pleasepleasePLEASE). And new strats introduce new heroes every week (DD treant, [A] Ogre). I think that this balance patch will be more about buffing power creeped guys like lich or CM than nerfing PL.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:54:27 am by ranter »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 246