Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239917 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2505 on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

I'm a pretty big fan of bloodseeker, but I'm not quite sure about items.  S&Y doesn't seem like a good choice, the movespeed bonus isn't a big deal with thirst, and his Q apparently only affects base damage so +Damage isn't part of Q's bonus.  That being said, Desolator seems pretty cool on him, my Radiance/Deso BS hit a Timbersaw so hard I thought he was an illusion.

What items would people recommend for BS?
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »

I like S&Y on BS. :( Unlike a lot of people I think S&Y is a perfectly fine item. The slow is definitely noticable and the item is quite cheap. It's great for midgame carries like say... CK or Jugg or BS. They don't even need a Manta but the movespeed is glorious.

With S&Y and bloodscent, BS literally moves at haste speed! So fun.

I like Radiance and Midas on him too. Drums sometimes.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 12, 2013, 08:07:01 pm »

I'm done with dota for a while.
Had a really bad game that I just had to abandon it made me really upset.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 12, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

Huh, never thought about Midas before...  That's an interesting one.  Have to go for that some time.  I still think Radiance is kind of an oddball due to the farming required to get it up and running, but hey.

As for desolator, I think it might be worth considering to build an Ass Cuirass instead.  It's not that much more expensive, provides some armor and attack speed bonus (partly in the form of an aura, which allows you to blend slightly more into a role as a later-game support for your harder carry) which blends well with your ability to innately increase your own damage, and deals an armor debuff that affects everyone nearby and is only one point lower than that provided by Deso.

For hilarity:  Aghanim and Refresher on Juggernaut (plus some mana/int boosters to pull off the combo).

Fun fact:  Shadow blade can be activated while Juggernaut is spinning.  It can also be clicked while doing omnislash, but will not activate until after Jugg is finished jumping.  EDIT:  More fun;  Although spinning with blade fury disables Juggernaut's main damage, targets that would normally receive cleave damage from battlefury will still receive the usual amount of damage.  Criticals are factored in.

What happened?  Why did you have to abandon?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »

What happened?  Why did you have to abandon?
I was just getting so upset that I just unplug my internet I was in a Very high game in a try lane and the viper/timbersaw duel lane got more farm then the sven  I just did not want to be in that anymore http://dotabuff.com/matches/194339753 for the game it was a kotl/sven/nyx trilane
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 12, 2013, 09:37:57 pm »

I'm trying to finish my bonehunter set now that I like BS.  total fucking insanity

You can 1:2 random, or 1:1 your choice.  I don't know why people don't seem to understand that they don't get two things they want for one thing I want.  I don't know why people don't seem to understand that that is madness, and undermines everything we know about the barter system.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:16 pm »

Hell, I remember someone observing a match who was willing to trade away the full Bane set for Alchemist for one item he really wanted...  But yes, that is madness, and I wish I had that thing he wanted.

Alkhemia, I just watched that match...  You guys were doing great early on, but then completely underestimated the enemy team and their ability to adapt...  They then adapted, and you didn't change your own tactics to match.  The game was still perfectly within boundaries for a flip when you left, which...  Well, I have kind of a strange view on abandonments.  I once attempted to fight a 1v5 as Tusk when the rest of my team dropped out, purely for the sportsmanship of the act.  And early on in my Dota career, I had a game where three of my team just left for no reason...  We then fought a coarse and bloody 2v5 and almost won the game just because we got overfed and the enemy team drastically underestimated what we were capable of.

In short...  There is honor in death.  There is no honor in abandoning your fellows.  Even if they don't particularly know what they're doing...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 12, 2013, 11:38:07 pm »

I'm a pretty big fan of bloodseeker, but I'm not quite sure about items.  S&Y doesn't seem like a good choice, the movespeed bonus isn't a big deal with thirst, and his Q apparently only affects base damage so +Damage isn't part of Q's bonus.  That being said, Desolator seems pretty cool on him, my Radiance/Deso BS hit a Timbersaw so hard I thought he was an illusion.

What items would people recommend for BS?

Butterfly, of course (since agility based damage is increased by the Q bonus), and things such as Basher and Vlads for even more lock down and sustain. Assuming lots of farming and ganking successfully, Heart and preference for your last item. Daedalus, Monkey King Bar, and BKB as needed, earlier if required. I personally prefer Phase Boots on him, since creeps get in the way a lot when attempting to gank.

More fun facts: Kunkka, with a Shadow Blade and a Battlefury or three, can use the extra damage from the activation on his cleave, inadvertently doing ~200% of your base damage +150 on whatever you don't hit. Stealth up to some creeps and one shot the enemy. If only I was as good with him now as I was in the original DotA...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:41:55 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 13, 2013, 12:10:07 am »

Battlefury's cleave is much smaller than his Tidebringer though. Generally most people just go Rapiers + Daedalus on him for the 1 hit teamwipes.

A few months ago you could proc crits with Shadowblade, so a Kunkka with Daedalus could easily do 1.5k damage from backstab if he was lucky. Can't any more though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 13, 2013, 12:31:22 am »

MUCH smaller, yes...   However, Tiny's Aghanim cleave is roughly the same area and activates with every attack.  However, it only does 75% damage.  Still though, it can be fun if you're playing hard Tiny and manage to get some major farm on.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:31 am »

I'm trying to finish my bonehunter set now that I like BS.  total fucking insanity

You can 1:2 random, or 1:1 your choice.  I don't know why people don't seem to understand that they don't get two things they want for one thing I want.  I don't know why people don't seem to understand that that is madness, and undermines everything we know about the barter system.
I keep wondering how this game (and TF2, by extension) can have an economy when 95% of its playerbase does not understand economics.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:54 am »

I keep wondering how this game (and TF2, by extension) can have an economy when 95% of its playerbase does not understand economics.
I'd wager 99% of people who participate in real world economies have no understanding of economics whatsoever.  Nevertheless we seem to have them.

On another note, I decided to look up the "value" of some of the items I have.  I saw one of the couriers I have go for $400 on ebay.  International tickets are going for about $350.  Interesting.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 13, 2013, 09:21:46 am »

You don't need to understand how economics works for economics to exist. It's called the invisible hand for a reason.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 13, 2013, 09:57:43 am »

Anybody watching the qualifiers?  I'm watching with TobiWan's shoutcast, he's joined apparently by Captain Hindsight, whose main contribution is asking why the team did things that didn't turn out well for them.

Also, the stream is making me wonder how people pronounce N'aix.  I'm hearing Nakes and Neeks, which is bad because Nyx is already Nyx.  Nyxnyxnyxnyx.

I pronounce it nah'YEEKS
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:03:52 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:16 am »

Why on earth would anyone pronounce it Nyx lol... there's an a in it and there's no instance in which an a is silent.

N-aches.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 246