Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239927 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2490 on: May 10, 2013, 12:19:34 pm »

Plus, Rubick is just so CUTE doing the animation with his staff...  And yeah, I think that's a perfectly tolerable complaint.

I have been seeing a lot of people completely forgoing shrapnel in order to max out headshot and aim, and then taking stats before their first point in Shrap...  Personally, I'm a bit of an oddball, and early on I actually prefer just taking the one point in headshot to get the ministun proc, and then maxing out shrapnel and aim.  I'll take stats over the 25 headshot damage increase in most cases.

Not that I've exactly played a lot of pro sniper, but eh...  Made sense at the time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:40 pm »

God damn, trading with some of these people is like pulling teeth.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 10, 2013, 01:44:48 pm »

Playing with some of these people is like pulling teeth.

Just had a co-op bot game where the first thing that happens is a fellow with a mic starts smack talking about how it's a bad sign to be on a team with someone who doesn't have a profile picture (there was a Steam question-mark in our mix).  Later, I wandered into the jungle as Doom to see if I could find a troll priest for some early regen, and he stuns and damage Sniper while I'm nowhere even close.

So then he gripes at me because he set up a gank and I didn't do shit to help.  I said "I didn't have anything I *could* help with", to which he retorts "you have full mana".  Err...  Yeah?  I have full mana, two levels in Devour and one in Scorched Earth...  What did you want me to do, slobber on him?

My obvious ineptitude pissed him off so much that he had to go to another lane and, eventually, feed.  No-picture dude held his own just fine.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 10, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

Haha, watching this DD vs Mouz match reminds me of a single draft game I had about a week ago. http://dotabuff.com/matches/186090479

Basically the enemies got Drow + Venge + Weaver. So Mr. Weaver was doing 400+ damage per hit at about 30 minutes in. Twice of course, since he has geminate attack.

It was so painful. Even if we killed Drow it was too late because by the time we did, Weaver would have killed everyone haha.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 10, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »

Just wait for troll warlord. Get any carry a troll in the team and they becomes massive death machines. Two examples:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/192472442
I fed hard here due to troll being so squishy, but only my ult with weaver and tiny turned fights around. And if tiny had done as I said and got aghs first, the match would have ended 20 min faster.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/192610897
Here I managed to pick some guys off early game and start balling, but it wasn't out of control until troll got to lvl 11 and started to use his ult. I just had to tp on a lone guy at full health, nature's wrath and manfight him until HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA. I wish the RNG gave me furion more times. I always ace matches with him.

By the way, with a few more compendiums, the international can have the biggest price pool of the ESports scene.
http://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments
Seriously, the compendium was just a GENIUS idea.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:13:14 pm by ranter »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »

I may have done a somewhat terrible thing.  The Bloodseeker enthusiast I mentioned before?  Yeah, I was talking with him about his choice of "carry", and recommended he try out some proper characters.  So, now he's specializing with Phantom Assassin.

Still, since he always just goes for All Pick, someone else could just pick Void and say "Hi!  Ooh, that's a lovely critical you have!  It'd be a shame if you couldn't use it".  Or, y'know, Doom.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 10, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

PA is good though.

She's just as scary as Void in that if you let the game go on too long, all it takes is for her to crit once and she can turn an entire fight. And you can bet that if you're fighting against her, she'll be critting every single attack.

Her major downsides are that she sucks at destroying towers and she will die really easily on her own. By this I mean she can't escape on her own compared to Antifun or Void. So she needs her team around her, even if they're only a distraction.

I remember one funny moment I had fighting against her. Our team had a big teamfight and everyone from both sides were limping away. Suddenly PA at half hp jumps on me and I'm yelling in Skype telling my friend to get her off me. My friend was only a screen away and he was farming some creeps, wondering what the hell I was talking about. When I narrowly kill PA and run away with 1hp I ask him "Wtf?! Why didn't you come and help me?"

Turns out we both forgot PA goes invisible on the minimap if she's near an enemy. My friend thought I went insane.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

Played 7 games of dota today only lost the first one so I'm now on a 6 game win streak
Had 2 games were a buddy got PL so I picked Kotl and did kotl/pl stuff was fun, I got called a bad person and that I was committing war crimes  :P
http://dotabuff.com/matches/192576808 and http://dotabuff.com/matches/192649588 are the games the 2nd one wr quit so it was really fast
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:57:04 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 11, 2013, 03:57:26 am »

PA is a subpar carry right now. I absolutely love playing her, she has brutal chasing abilities and her early game presence is gigantic, but when compared with other carries like void, sniper, magina or alchemist, she isn't that powerful late game. Hell, even a bloodraged bloodseeker can outcarry her (Carry bloodseeker is legit, by the way, you just need to get agi items, since bloodrage only affects that damage, not a fucking radiance). The reason is that blur is crap. MKB just turns completely useless an ability. Void's evasion doesn't, and panda has the crit to compensate, but after they get an MKB, one of her abilities has been completely neutraliced. And even without the MKB, it's not that good of a chance, unlike panda's ridiculous WHY DO YOU MISS SO MUCH. To boot, it also makes THE item for agi carries a bad pick on her, since butterfly evasion gets wasted.
The only thing she bests everyone in is using steroids. Empower, battle trance, vengeance aura or the wolf aura on her are ridiculous.

And just to start the discussion: The reason why bloodseeker is never picked by pros isn't that he's a bad hero, but that all three of his abilities require the enemy to make a mistake to be useful. You know what pros usually don't do? Yeah, mistakes. Thirst is an AWESOME movement buff and prevents jukes, but that's IF you manage to get an enemy under half health. Blood bath can get you up and running again in the middle of a teamfight IF someone dies. Rupture is a guaranted kill IF they don't have a TP scroll, and is great to hold them off position IF they get out of position.
So, what I mean is that bloodseeker is legit in pubs. And if your team is called Na'Vi, because they can pull off any kind of crazy shit.

By the way, Lina -> blink dagger -> infest -> laguna blade -> Naix bomb is just cruel. And really, really fun. Specially against a sniper and a troll.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2499 on: May 11, 2013, 05:45:17 pm »

Ok, this is really starting to piss me off now. I get into lane, the first creep wave rolls in and before anything happens-CRASH. Dota closes itself. 10 minutes later, I take out Drow-CRASH. Dota closed itself. Repeat for the entire match. Help?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: May 11, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »

Anybody who can jump around and gank is fun with Naix.  Puck and Naix anybody?
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 11, 2013, 09:12:08 pm »

There's all kinds of Naix bombs. Most popular is the Storm Spirit + Naix bomb. Then you've got Nyx bombs, Puck bombs, Profit bombs, you name it. I remember seeing a Naix Naix bomb, where a Naix infested his illusion and tricked an Enchantress into trying to kill it.

We played two games today. Ranter and Desudoom were in them.

First one we got completed screwed over by the enemy Clinkz. I think by the end he had more farm than all of us combined. He was critting me for 1105 damage per hit.

Second game we roflstomped so hard they ragequit about 7 minutes in or so. I managed to get a lucky double damage rune as Profit (first time I played him in a long while, but I wanted to get at least one win before I ended up with 6 losses in a row) and just teleported at level 3 and right clicked two enemies to death. After that we went and ate poor KotL who was mid. Then Clockwork who was 1v2 bot killed Naga Siren. Was kinda sad the enemy didn't let us get super farmed and obliterate them.

It's funny how I still consider Profit my fallback failsafe even after all this time.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 12, 2013, 05:40:44 am »

Ok, this is really starting to piss me off now. I get into lane, the first creep wave rolls in and before anything happens-CRASH. Dota closes itself. 10 minutes later, I take out Drow-CRASH. Dota closed itself. Repeat for the entire match. Help?
The only thing that worked for me was defragmenting my PC. 
Try it, it seems to have been a problem with a hard-drive for me.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2503 on: May 12, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »

I'll try that tomorrow, then. I've resigned myself to bot matches, which I crash out about 5 minutes into. My early game is getting a lot of polish, though, and I've figured out how to last hit effectively. Next up: denies.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 246