Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239902 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2460 on: May 09, 2013, 02:09:35 am »

If Venomancer is most deaths, they are playing it wrong. Gale, Touch and Nova deal slow, so you can run away safely, and if all else fails, just juke a forest and block with a ward. Problem solved.
Clearly Maelk was playing him wrong.

I changed my predictions a bit after looking at stats.

Most picked: Magnus
Most banned: Batskater
Most first bloods: Shadow Demon
Most deaths: Rubick

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: May 09, 2013, 02:26:42 am »

I went with Mag for 'Most picked' as well, at least for the Western teams. I suppose I could look at some statistics and make better guesses... but informed decisions are boring;)

Which leads to my next question... anybody know anything about Eastern DotA? I've heard it's a different style from the West, but other than that, I know nuffink.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: May 09, 2013, 02:47:24 am »

Just had my worst game ever.  Single draft, had KotL, Nyx, and something even worse.  I picked Nyx because we had two good supports and a mid, except no wait, both fucking supports want to go mid. 

Long story short, nobody talks except to bitch, and poor Nyx is forced to 2v1 against Veno and Clinkz.  I didn't die, but Clinkz got plenty of farm and both mids were predictably stupid as fuck and useless.  Finally one of them quit and I could leave without a penalty.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: May 09, 2013, 06:24:25 am »

New patch good news for people who solo q but who does that unless they are insane  :P

Patch Notes

Added Solo Matchmaking option. This is an experimental feature that will match you with players who also queued without being in a party. This is the first step in a series aimed at improving the matchmaking system.

COMMUNITY
- Reduced the number of negative reports per week to 2 as part of our ongoing efforts to improve and tune the reporting and ban systems.

GAMEPLAY
- Elder Titan: Fixed Legacy Keys
- Drow Ranger: Fixed Frost Arrows slowing Spirit Bear for the full creep duration
- Tusk: Fixed Walrus Punch having 1 less second of slow than intended.
- Tusk: Fixed Armlet sometimes causing Walrus Punch to disappear after using Snowball.

PERFORMANCE
- Reduced memory usage on systems with 2GB of RAM or less

On a different note I solo q today so I could snipe my buddy 5 stack, Game was hard and my team was trash gyro was even going ult stick  >:( http://dotabuff.com/matches/191237692 they also doomed me everytime since I was the only guy that could play the video game.  :'(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: May 09, 2013, 08:01:31 am »

I do solo queue due to a lack of dota-playing buddies. It's not always nice, but there are worse things out there.
I did get an sd who didn't bought anything (courier included) to get a fast mana booster in my last match, so maybe I'm a bit insane.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:03:09 am by ranter »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: May 09, 2013, 11:19:00 am »

There's really no reason not to get the compendium, even if you don't care about the tournament.  96 day points bonus /and/ item boost, plus a customizable courier, more items for watching Dota, and a shot at that immortal item.  For ten dollars.
Except fucking 3rd world currencies, those 10 feel like 100 here, i might be able to get a trade but im yet to see.

Also regarding the latest patch, if i understand correctly solo q only means you wont be playing with stacks, and to be honest i prefer to be in a team with a 4 stack or something at least that way im guaranteed at least some degree of cooperation.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: May 09, 2013, 11:48:21 am »

Also regarding the latest patch, if i understand correctly solo q only means you wont be playing with stacks, and to be honest i prefer to be in a team with a 4 stack or something at least that way im guaranteed at least some degree of cooperation.
But guess who is going to get blamed for everything.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: May 09, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »

Stacks also have a tendency to leave their fifth out of any planning.  Expect to end up with suicide-lane slardar.
Shoes...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: May 09, 2013, 01:08:38 pm »

Just had my worst game ever.  Single draft, had KotL, Nyx, and something even worse.  I picked Nyx because we had two good supports and a mid, except no wait, both fucking supports want to go mid. 

Long story short, nobody talks except to bitch, and poor Nyx is forced to 2v1 against Veno and Clinkz.  I didn't die, but Clinkz got plenty of farm and both mids were predictably stupid as fuck and useless.  Finally one of them quit and I could leave without a penalty.

You do realize KotL and Nyx are both first-ban/first-pick material in the competitive scene, right? Doesn't make up for terrible teammates though.  ;)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: May 09, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

I didn't mean worse as in bad, I meant worse as in I don't know how to play them.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: May 09, 2013, 03:00:59 pm »

Playing KotL involves pressing Q and E. Then you leave R on indefinitely and randomly press the rest of your buttons.

You also don't give a shit about your teammates because fuck them. It's not like that pub carry even knows how to farm properly, so you might as well take all the farm instead of watching him fail at even getting 2 per wave. Get all the last hits, farm TP boots and farm the entire map. Get Dagon 5 and Necrobook and carry the game.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »

Funny thing its most Kotl think just like you umi, lane with a carry and push the wave/nuke the world, complain about carrys farm rate, feed, cry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: May 09, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

Funny thing its most Kotl think just like you umi, lane with a carry and push the wave/nuke the world, complain about carrys farm rate, feed, cry.
Yes, that's the joke.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: May 09, 2013, 03:43:20 pm »

My interwebz-sarcasm detector broke again, sorry.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:47 pm »

I'm thinking the item drop boost might be a typo or refer to the item drops you get from leveling up (you technically get them more often with a boost he he he) because since I got the boost the only drop I've had is a stupid mushroom chest.  On the other hand the other people in my games have been getting shit left and right. 
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 246