Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239868 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2385 on: April 29, 2013, 12:43:53 pm »

Doublepost.

Update on the invitees to International 3. http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement/

Dignitas and Na'vi, as expected. Zenith, DK, and Virtus Pro as well.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:26 pm »

- Added Elder Titan!

COMMUNITY
- Fixed a bug that was allowing extra report submissions on Sundays.

UI
- Revised the Community page.
- Added an icon for league games to the Live, Recent and Downloaded game lists.
- Changed Heroes Played and Game History to be popups in the Profile.
- Numerous improvements to the Tournament Scheduling interface.
- Fixed Buy Back availability in spectator dropdown being inaccurate sometimes.
- Improved web browser performance.
- Fixed hitches when spectating games and switching between heroes.

SOUNDS
- New lines added to Skywrath Mage, Timbersaw, and Bristleback.

WORKSHOP
- Added an Animation Overlay dropdown to the Workshop Model Preview.
- Added Lycanthrope's wolves to the Ability Model import list.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Elder_Titan_responses
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:19:40 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 01, 2013, 07:14:30 pm »

Huh, another hero that I don't remember from my DotA 1 days. From what I've read, he looks interesting.

So, the obvious question: since he'll be in every single AP game soon, what are some good counters to ET? I'm considering Pudge (does Rot wake you up from sleep?) or one of the summoners (I'm certain boars and eniglets can wake you up, among others). And are there any sneaky tricks to avoiding Ancestral Spirit harass? I don't see a way to avoid getting hit by the spirit and it's 5-second sleep attack, without abandoning the lane entirely every 16 seconds...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 01, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

So, the obvious question: since he'll be in every single AP game soon, what are some good counters to ET? I

Pipe

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:39 pm »

From what I understand, he isn't particularly overpowered or anything.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

I dont know if overpowered is the right world, but as far as i remember this one was a preatty good hero on the right hands. For the ones that dont recognize the name i belive it was called tauren chieftain in dota 1, it was one of the standard orc heroes of WC3.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:15 am »

From what I understand, he isn't particularly overpowered or anything.
Apart from having an initiation almost as good as Naga's ult, a sick damage amp that, while on a small aoe, is easy to set up thanks to stomp and applies to the spirit too, being able to solo the long lane without a problem thanks to ancestral spirit and an ult able to release Tobi's voice complete potential. It's only drawback is his crappy stats gain. But this guy completely rocks rosh fights. I see this guy getting the second tier hero treatment. He might be no magnus nor batrider, but is going to be picked in the competitive scene a few times.

A good counter is clockwerk. The chieftain will do his tribal dance when he's around. And if you have him on your team, for god's sake, turn off radiance.

Edit: Another good guy to counter him is rubick. Chances are that, by the time he has ended his combo, either he has targeted you first and killed you or you have his ult and are turning the tide of the teamfight.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:45:25 pm by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 02, 2013, 03:38:08 pm »

Some alpha pics bane looks so creepy also who is the 4 and 5 I have no idea....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 02, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »

Had my first botgame with Lanaya that actually went fairly well.  Admittedly, getting the timing and clicking right with Meld is a bit tricky with a touchpad, but she does get some awesome damage early on to help her get nicely fed.  Normally my attempts at using her end up being far less than ideal...

I'm intrigued by the Titan's abilities and whatnot, and I'm trying to see exactly how everything jives.  Probably too much micro for me to be able to do anything, hehe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 02, 2013, 10:52:32 pm »

... you're actually insane enough to play DotA with a touchpad? Why would you inflict that suffering upon yourself?

USB mice are pretty cheap (One I'm plugging into my laptop was about eight bucks USD, has lasted better than six months, so far, in good condition)...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 02, 2013, 11:01:16 pm »

Touchpad, on a laptop, with a glitched screen that corrupts the shop-side third of the screen with lines of bright colors that make most things impossible to read.  Also generally lying on my side or back.

This is because I don't have any real spot to get my game on...  But as far as the screen goes, that's mostly just because we just got the replacement in a little while ago and I haven't bothered swapping it out yet.  I've got a mouse, but I don't have anywhere to use it...

So when pubbers say that the only reason they died to me was because their new mouse is still acting finicky...  I fill them in on the details.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 02, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »

Optical mouse. Everything nonreflective becomes somewhere to use the mouse (I've laying an encyclopedia of philosophy beside me on the bed and using that for a while now.). Honestly, I'd rather be using my leg as a mousepad than a touchpad.

... and have. Notable performance improvement! Seriously one of the most wondrous things about optical mice. They're like magic when you lived through most of the lifetime of regular ball mouse usage. Even the wall is my mousepad, ahahahaha!

But yeah, s'fairly impressive to actually be winning games (even if it's just pub games) with a touchpad. Have a hat tip, Kag. *tips*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:57 am »

Elder Titan is now my favorite support so fun and such a monster at least in my bracket.
  http://dotabuff.com/matches/186854863
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:31:36 am by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:25 am »

I wrote a backstory I think is more apt for the guy.

Bob was a halfbreed that resulted between the drunken mating of a hill giant and a hill goat several dozen years ago. He was gifted with the worst traits of each species, the clumsiness of giants and the visage and strength of a goat. His only claim to fame was his size, which while bigger than average creatures, was a far cry from his giant brothers. Inevitably ostrasized by both the giants and the goats, he found himself wandering the world alone.

After many years, he stumbled across some hapless human farmfolk. They ran afraid from him, but it was here that Bob found inspiration! He crafted a fantastical story about how he was the fabled Elder Titan who "broke the world" and was now wandering it in penance. He invoked tales of his forging of creation, his avarice and greed, and his impossible strength. The foolish farmers believed him, as they had never seen a creature of his ilk before. They gave him food, shelter, and best of all... respect. Bob felt empowered and he soon learned to love this newfound attention.

It wasn't long before all this adoration got to his head and Bob the so-called Elder Titan forgot he wasn't exactly a world-breaking god. When word got around about the conflict blowing up between the Radiant and the Dire, the villagers urged Bob to go and find upon that battlefield his chance to absolve himself. Bob, completely engrossed in his fabrications, jumped at the opportunity and now finds himself stuck in a conflict in which he does not belong.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 246