Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239860 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2355 on: April 22, 2013, 07:25:03 pm »

You don't need any planning or luck to cast illuminate. I'd say it's harder to miss with it. You can also release it whenever you want, which basically means you CAN'T miss with it.

Edit: Also, saying illuminate "wears down" the enemy is like saying Finger of Death "gently massages" anuses. :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

Shite.  Well, there goes my spotless record.  Had a co-op match where I was playing Pugna, and we were just cleaning up the area outside the bot ancient when I was called downstairs for something.  Rather than piss everyone else off by pausing and stopping things just then and there, I told them to finish it up while I just went back to base and idled.

By the time I got back, I was sitting on the menu screen with an abandonment mark on my profile.

I'm damned sure they won.  We'd been slaughtering the bots completely for quite a while, and were halfway through taking down the mid rax.  So really all that happened was that they took too long to win while I was sitting downstairs and being decorative for some guests...

I'm actually more than moderately inclined to spew a message off asking if there's any way of having that smudge rubbed out...  But I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be purely an exercise in futility.

You don't need any planning or luck to cast illuminate. I'd say it's harder to miss with it. You can also release it whenever you want, which basically means you CAN'T miss with it.

Edit: Also, saying illuminate "wears down" the enemy is like saying Finger of Death "gently massages" anuses. :P

There's a difference, and you know it.  Despite Finger doing a near-instant unmissable (except with Backtrack, ho ho ho...  God that's funny) bolt that deals twice as much damage, it's more importantly part of a skill combo that can be fired off in quick succession.  Illuminate is more standalone, which means the 2-300 early damage it does is taken pretty much on its own, or has to be used as the starter for someone else's combo (since it takes the longest to spit off).  And the wave moves slowly enough that it can, actually, be dodged...  I've done it myself, and I'm about as far from pro as it gets.

I suppose it's just the difference between being Rambo Gandalf and "a support".  Spewing Illuminate means pushing, taking farm, and potentially taking kills as well, whereas Leak takes the far more behind-the-scenes approach of just keeping someone else safe/fed.  And if you're good with the blasting, more power to y'all.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »

people lvl mana leak  :o it like his worst skill.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 23, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

Now, see, I really don't see that...  It either forces a person to stand still (always a frightening prospect, and also one that destroys attempts at farming in lane), or it cripples about 90% of heroes by taking away their damaging, disabling, and escaping abilities.  And if you use it in a chase, it will just about guarantee a kill either because it, again, takes away their ability to disable or escape; and once it's done with that it throws a decent-length full stun on the end of it.  And if people don't like moving, you can make them.  Just like Bloodseeker's ravage, you can push people around with the Force Staff in order to make them lose a chunk of mana.  And since it's percentage based, it scales with the people you're using it against.  And since it burns mana instead of health, the amount removed cannot be reduced.

At max level, one shot of Force Staff will instantly burn 30% of a character's max mana, if they remain completely still otherwise.  And if they have less than 30% total, they will immediately be stunned for 2.2 seconds.  Now, 2.2 seconds may not seem like much, but the important thing to recognize here is that they now have no mana.  That means no blink, no Windrun, certainly no Ravage or Time Walk...  Not even the usage of their own Blink Daggers or Force Staves...  Hell, they won't even be able to use mana boots.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:52 am »

I'm not saying it not good all his skills are amazing that why he a first pick/ban but chakra/kotl blast is way better and you should always lvl them first maybe 1 point in mana leak at 5 or 7

It also instantly stuns the spirit bear since it has no mana.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 23, 2013, 06:53:24 pm »

Just had my first moderately successful co-op game as Lion, and had another almost decent ES co-op with the padawan I mentioned earlier.

The ES game we lost, but that might potentially have had something to do with the fellow giving Anti-Mage a go, and apparently being confused as to why he wasn't like Bloodseeker.  As such, he was still level 4 after being repeatedly ganked while I was level 8 in top lane, tearing mad shit up with my buddy Bane.

"AM seems like a waiting game...", he quoth, to which I responded "It's called 'playing a carry'".  He tried countering by saying that other carries have something to contribute early on, but he named Luna, Ursa and BS as examples of this.  He has yet much to learn...

EDIT:  Alright, I admit...  I was a little uncertain about pushing the issue of a Bay12 stompin' party organizing against this guy.  Maybe I'd just been ornery or jealous or something, insecure perhaps...  Maybe he was really just an alright guy, just a bit inexperienced and possibly excitable.  But then I had a lovely little chat with him earlier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now?  Now he dies.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:56 am »

Huh I'll join in a bay 12 thing again as long as I don't have to play with 300 ping that was not fun at all.
I've been having some rage problem in dota so a fun thing that I don't have to go super hardcore at would be nice change.

Forgot to respond to this but
What is Skywrath Mage:

Dragonus is quite basically Zeus if Zeus was a single target nuker. His Q is the only spell in the game that actually scales with int.
Silencer would like to have a word with you and OD kinda.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:23:01 am by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 24, 2013, 09:59:53 am »

If anyone wants to watch a really quick pro match that ends in a flawless victory and has Dazzle and Axe in it, watch this: http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/394991565?t=127m50s

The game basically ends 3 minutes in haha.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:09 am »

Ahahaha, holy shit...  It's stuff like that where you realize just how inconsequential a player you really are.  That was hysterical.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 24, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »

Damn, that was fun to watch. I really wish I could pull these kinds of shenanigans off.

(Also: now that they're called Alliance, are they allowed to pick Tidehunter?)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 24, 2013, 02:01:01 pm »

NTH always gives good stories with roshan. I love how they were trashtalking to distract mouz.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 24, 2013, 03:36:43 pm »

Damn, that was fun to watch. I really wish I could pull these kinds of shenanigans off.

(Also: now that they're called Alliance, are they allowed to pick Tidehunter?)
They've picked Tidehunter before, but they've always lost with him haha.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 24, 2013, 03:45:12 pm »

I like the swapping of boots the axe did.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 24, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

New patch
GAMEPLAY
- Enabled Drow and Tusk in Captain's Mode (Tournament Version).
- Enabled Bristleback, Slark and Skywrath Mage in Captain's Mode (Latest Version).
- Invoker: Fixed Cold Snap being purgable.
- Skywrath Mage: Fixed hitbox being too small.
- Slark: Fixed Shadow Dance giving Slark flying vision.
- Slark: Fixed Shadow Dance granting passive bonuses to Slark illusions.
- Slark: Fixed an issue causing Shadow Dance's passive modifier to not update in the UI, despite being active.
- Slark: Fixed Dark Pact continuing while Slark is dead.
- Slark: Essence Shift counters on both Slark and enemy heroes will show the total duration ( i.e. the time that the most recent stack will expire.)
- Slark: Fixed a number of incorrect spell interactions with Dark Pact.
- Slark: Fixed a number of horizontal movement ability interactions with Pounce.
- Troll Warlord: Fixed Berserker's Rage bonus damage not being applied as base damage.
- Tusk: Fixed Frozen Sigil not affecting magic immune units.

WORKSHOP
- Added HUD Skins to the Workshop Importer.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 24, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

Durr, took me this long to realize that Huskar + Necrolyte might potentially have some synergy going on there...  Like one of the easiest one-hit-kill combos to pull off with minimal equipment.

It's not a guaranteed OHK, but it'll beat the stuffing out of pretty much anyone.

EDIT:  First time seeing a Dazzle semicarry in a co-op game.  Then I had a game where I played Warlock and my team spoonfed me up to Freshorb, leading to our inevitable victory.  New name for Nature's Prophet: Spruce Blingsteen

That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 246