Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239855 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2325 on: April 21, 2013, 05:05:17 am »

I've noticed Soul Ring is good on him as well. Especially if he's side lane.
I disagree with that. Clock has to manfight like a boss to do his role, and he just cannot allow to let those 150 hp go early game. And since most of his spells have pretty low mana costs and long cooldown, the extra mana is overkill on him.

The reason to get mana regen on him isn't getting one flare more off during a teamfight, but being able to do another gank before having to go back to the fountain.

By the way, it's a really good idea to get a force staff on zeus before agha. And delaying refresher to get something that gives more mana and HP, like hex. You might lose one thunderous applause, but you'll stay alive a bit mroe of time.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:14 am »

That's like saying Sven shouldn't get Soul Ring because all he does is manfight. xD

Souls ring is:
1. Cheap
2. Can be bought with random gold
3. Gives enough regen to spam your small spells
4. Will ensure you never have mana problems to use your ult

Good enough for me. It's a viable option when you know you won't have rune control and when you don't want to spend 1450 gold before you can spam your ult.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 21, 2013, 03:34:24 pm »

Illusions created while under the effects of Chemical Rage will have the attack speed and health buffs (but not health regen).

Alchemist while raging has the lowest BAT of any hero.

Three instances of a Diffusal blade with the lowest BAT can cause some fairly entertaining hurt to both the blue bar and the green bar.

EDIT:  Fun fact:  Blade mail does not return damage done by Double Edge

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 21, 2013, 03:59:06 pm »

Compared to soul ring bottle has all you've said. It's only downsides are the lack of the passive +50% mana regen and +3 hp/s and the lack of burst mana regen while in a fray. But
A) +3hp/s is crap, the only interesting stat is the extra mana regen, and a basi is way better thanks to the +3 armor. Even a lone sobi mask solves those problems. Also, you are not going to use 150 mana to spam your spells, since your only spammable spell is flare, and has more cd than the duration of the mana buff.
B) A bottle might not let you have a crutch 150 mana to use two more spells while under a firefight, but on the other side you have to actually use them inside the fight and are not allowed to use them to get the mana bar full before the fight. A bottle doesn't only allows this, but it also recovers health, and has 3 charges for 135 mana and health, making it more efficient at recovering. It also can store runes in the case you find one of them (which is pretty easy with flare).
C) It costs you no health. 150 HP is almost 8 STR worth of HP. And it's something you really need to not die while ramboing with clock.
D) It's 250 gold cheaper than soul ring.
E) Early game you should use your ult to initiate. Then there's a nice cooldown and if you find yourself in the position of using it again before the teamfight starts, chances are that you've fucked up big time. Late game you shouldn't have mana problems.

Thus, I think bottle is a better pick for clock. He needs both mana regen and health regen, since he is in the middle of the fray early game. And bottle allows him to go do a second gank before going to the fountain.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 21, 2013, 04:13:01 pm »

EDIT:  Fun fact:  Blade mail does not return damage done by Double Edge
Heh, didn't know that.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:10 pm »

I'm really rather starting to dislike this upstart...  He really is starting to think he's hot stuff.  Assembled a team of peeps from Dotafire because he thinks his friends suck too much, and he of course plays carry on this team so he's specializing in Bloodseeker...

And he has lost whatever shreds of humility he may have had back when I was actually showing him things he didn't know.

For shame, for shame...  I have created a monster.

EDIT:  More fun facts:  Blade mail DOES reflect damage done by Huskar's Life Break...  To the point of backfiring completely and killing Huskar if his target is beefy enough.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 21, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »

...he's playing carry... as Bloodseeker...

Don't worry, I have a feeling this problem will resolve itself shortly. Namely, as soon as he reaches a tier of gameplay where people know how to deal with BS's BS.  ;)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 21, 2013, 04:53:04 pm »

...he's playing carry... as Bloodseeker...

He assembled a team to play specialize in playing a trash tier pubstomp hero that has no competitive usage...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:38 pm »

He also thinks he's really good at Ursa because he manages to rock out in pub games with him.  ...I was the one who introduced him to Ursa because I figured he was just about the simplest hero to play semi-effectively, and I told him all the way that he was a pubstomper, and as such was actually quite difficult to NOT rock out with.

Well, what can one expect from someone who only plays All Pick and doesn't random...

Oh, yeah, the blade mail - Huskar thing?  Also works with Nyx, except Nyx naturally doesn't take the damage.  But it's still Nyx's health that the Life Break damage is calculated off of.

EDIT:  Saw him playing Bloodseeker again, decided to pop in and spectate a bit on him and his team.

Viper, Enchantress, Skywrath, BS...  And Warlock.  And still nobody who has learned that you shouldn't just constantly autoattack the creeps.  And he just starting jungling with Bloodseeker, with only a quelling blade and poor man's shield to his name.

And now he thinks he knows better than I do.

UPDATE:  Worst part is?  They're going to win.  But not because they're playing well, which they aren't really.  King BS himself currently has 0 3 1 KDA.  Only reason they're going to pull through on this one is because the opposing team is even worse.  An anti-mage who doesn't know about Blink and is afraid of farming, and a Storm Spirit who has absolutely no clue what his ultimate is or does.  I've seen him die 2-3 times from getting hit by one parting shot while he was at full mana.

So my dear sweet ward will come out of this thinking his tactical genius has once again won him and his minions the day.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 21, 2013, 05:33:29 pm »

Heh. You want to slam him? We can organize a 5-man of us Bay12ers and arrange an in-house against him. We can all play all random and probably still win ahahaha.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 21, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »

Y'know, I'd find that hugely entertaining really.  But knowing my luck I'd probably wind up randoming Meepo or Visage or something...

Still though, judging from how they're doing?  I might even be capable of pulling THAT off.

Seriously, this match...  Is painful.  I can hardly watch.  I've watched AM (who had 24 lasthits by the half-hour mark) get ganked five times when Blink was off cooldown and he was at full mana.  Same goes for SS.  Night stalker ran up to Enchantress and Voided her, and instead of silencing her and just finishing her off (he had three teammates closing in on her at the same time), he turned around and ran away.  From her Impetus.  Threw himself on her spear, basically.

And yet, with THAT being the kind of challenge they're up against, BS-proteam is still making sure that it's only a minor advantage they have.

EDIT:  Did I miss the memo, and is Lina normally built with 3 in stats, 2 in Dragon Slave, and building a Wraith Band?

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »

I like Umiman's idea. You guys should do that and post the match id if it happened to be hilarious. :P Wouldn't mind playing either if you need people.

Come on Kagus ! You know you want to !

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:04 pm »

Yeah, you set the time and date with him. And whoever of us available could play against him.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 21, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »

Of course Lina's built with stats. How else is she supposed to spam Slave and push the creep wave? It's not like stuns are useful or anything, and besides, LSA is tough to use. That makes it bad!

...on a more serious note, I have one friend who refuses to skill Lina's passive. He knows to grab and use her two nukes + ult, but takes stats over Fiery Soul. I can't decide if this is brilliant (more mana, better survivability) or ridiculous (massive attack speed bonus, meaning you're marginally useful after casting your combo). Any opinions?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:01 pm »

Mrm...

I'd say it depends.

Personally I think the passive is more useful for the movespeed than the attack speed boost because generally Lina doesn't go DPS build (though she can). When you cast 4 spells as Lina, you basically have haste for a short duration which is super duper useful.

On the other hand, dying is like Lina's number 1 pasttime. A hobby she shares with her sister. Even the movespeed boost won't save her when she has like 900hp. So in that case I think stats helps too. It also gives her some mana though I don't think she really needs that too much.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If he survives fights with more than enough hp he should consider the passive though.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 246