Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239853 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2310 on: April 19, 2013, 05:11:58 pm »

I like how Dragonus can actually 1 hit KO himself with Nether Ward.

Nether Ward does 1400 damage to him if he ults. Dragonus only has 967hp at level 16 haha.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 19, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »

With a 6 charge bloodstone you can use you Q every time off cd so like 200 or so dmg every 2 sec
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:04 pm »

Well, now I've finally had my first match as Clockwerk...  Mind, it was against medium bots (I'm lying in bed, don't have a mouse, and a third of my screen is unreadable due to an anomaly in the hardware...  I HAVE EXCUSES), so not exactly close to a real experience of how the dude handles, but it was fun.

I built a Shadow blade and Medallion of Courage, two things that are expressly NOT in the Valve recommended items build, but seemed to make sense for me.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 19, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »

Cyborgmatt Blog is up http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/04/dota-2-17th-april/
Skywrath Mage Model
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Smoke of Deceit has a model now.
New Gem of True Sight
Riki Model Update
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:08:08 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 20, 2013, 12:49:48 am »

Just played a game as Skywrath Mage he is my fav mid now sorry OD.
I go 4/1/0/3 and max stats
Mana boots => Bloodstone => Phase Boots => Force => Rod of Aui => ???
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:55:07 am by Alkhemia »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:57 am »

I'll still kick in Chen with 3 storm harpies as the best quick-nuker. 420 damage plus chain bounces every 4 seconds and you're not even using your own mana. Do it 11 times, pop arcane boots, do it another 2 times. Keep on using Chen's nuke to taste. You even get great vision at night.

You've either won multiple team-fights or you're dead. It's a pity that Chen and the harpies are so damn squishy really. Plus, it's not really all that easy to find three storm harpies in the first place. But if you get them, it's awesome.
It's a game. Have fun.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 20, 2013, 03:03:02 am »

Well, now I've finally had my first match as Clockwerk...  Mind, it was against medium bots (I'm lying in bed, don't have a mouse, and a third of my screen is unreadable due to an anomaly in the hardware...  I HAVE EXCUSES), so not exactly close to a real experience of how the dude handles, but it was fun.

I built a Shadow blade and Medallion of Courage, two things that are expressly NOT in the Valve recommended items build, but seemed to make sense for me.

Shadow blade is sub-par but acceptable if you can't reliably initiate from far away by aiming your ultimate. Medallion is pretty useless on Clockwerk since most of the damage he will be doing is magic damage that won't get boosted by armor reductions. Veil of Discord is what you may have wanted to get to increases the damage you will deal to targets inside your cogs.

Mind you the Valve recommended items aren't always optimal.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 20, 2013, 03:51:15 am »

No, they're not.  Anyways, I figured Shadow blade would be nice not only to semi-initiate but also to get away in case I wound up biting off more than I could chew (and being invisible doesn't stop his shrapnel, so there's that), while also providing attack speed and damage for when he was in the ring.

But I wound up using it a lot more for initiating, because GODDAMN BOTS DODGE THE HOOK.

Also just had my first LD win against hard bots.  Of course, it helps to recommend characters for the bots to pick so you don't wind up with four carries again, but still...  It at least meant I wasn't feeding.

Been trying to refine my Void build as well, just because I want to be different and avoid Mask of Madness.  Mixed results.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 20, 2013, 04:08:25 am »

No, they're not.  Anyways, I figured Shadow blade would be nice not only to semi-initiate but also to get away in case I wound up biting off more than I could chew (and being invisible doesn't stop his shrapnel, so there's that), while also providing attack speed and damage for when he was in the ring.

But I wound up using it a lot more for initiating, because GODDAMN BOTS DODGE THE HOOK.

Also just had my first LD win against hard bots.  Of course, it helps to recommend characters for the bots to pick so you don't wind up with four carries again, but still...  It at least meant I wasn't feeding.

Been trying to refine my Void build as well, just because I want to be different and avoid Mask of Madness.  Mixed results.
Try armlet let me know how it goes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:11:38 am by Alkhemia »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 20, 2013, 05:23:35 am »

Armlet is only any good on some beefy strength heroes. Why would you want void to take 30 dmg/s while attacking inside his ulti bubble?

I always get battlefury on void before any other items, even boots. Strange that it isn't on the recommended items list. With decent farming you will have battlefury, power treads and mask of madness or hyperstone by the 20 min mark. You can then start giving your team a hand in teamfights while afk-farming some game ending items by 30min.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 20, 2013, 06:02:35 am »

Armlet's nice for some not-so-beefy strength heroes as well. Anyone with pop-regen just cruises through the damage. Doom and Alchemist come to mind, but they can mess around in a fair few roles with their extra cash, and battle-fury comes to mind just as well. Quickens the farm anyway.

On my fact checking effort for Chen bursting, I also noticed a few other things. Compare QoP's ulti to three satyr tormentor's Shockwave. It's not as powerful, but it does work 6 times at base mana with an extra shot of it for popping arcane boots, and is usable every 8 seconds. Compared to QoP's 135secs, that's quite tasty, painful even. It almost ends up as wide (3 satyrs, side by side or in a group huddle), but with only the main target taking all the damage. Just a weird comparison, but it's close. Except they're slow and melee and can't blink. So, I guess it's nothing like QoP, other than as a semi-similar spell for another hard-to-get grouping of creeps.

Satyr Mindbenders are awesome against low-mana strength heroes. They're pretty annoying to anyone really, but not fatal. At least they're more easily available. Like everything in Dota 2, it's about working with your team, using the abilities available to you against the right enemies, and being an arse about "claiming" a certain type of jungle creep for yourself from your team-mates. That last one is just for Chen really :)

Troll Summoners are like getting an item that says "Have two slow moving wards and a net. Have a little bit of extra damage as well. About a free claymore or so. Use the skellies as wards. That's what they are. Don't splat them against a tower/teamfight."

If you want to talk about unlikely items or charges on items, theoretically chuck Helm of the Dominator on Chen. Thereotically add 33% max burst damage to him. Realize you'll probably never buy HotD, but if you wanted to waste your team's farm, you could. Look at Skywrath's damage adding spell. Look at Chen's. It's a slow and increases physical damage as well as magical, plus it lasts 7 seconds regardless of level (but starts out worse than Skywrath's). You rarely run out of mana either. Do the annoying Chen laugh. You ARE the burst-king, chosen by god.

And for Doom the alpha wolf aura is really just a free pseudo-scaling crysalis at level 1, with +25 gold for no reason. More or less. Especially against creeps with your standard quelling blade.

Anyway. I'll really have to try bursty-Chen. Only leave lane when an extra creep is available (that your team WILL tell you about, for sure......), nuke and lane-support the rest of the time. Preferably with someone who has arcane boots as a core item as well. He's slow, can't teleport his abilities to where you want them properly, so damn squishy, but it's worth trying.

/Chen rambling
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:23:51 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 20, 2013, 09:52:24 am »

About the Armlet: I love it on Spectre as a replacement for Vanguard.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 20, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

As someone who absolutely loves clockwerk, I can tell you somethign about his build: The only core he needs is aghanim and either mana boots or a bottle. Agha is a must because having the ult in 12 sec cd is the most awesome thing ever, granting you a ridiculous mobility. Just remember that it doesn't work on neutrals.
And since the only spell that costs a lot of mana is the hook, a bottle is extremely useful on him too. A single charge is worth battery+cogs, and that usually means a dead guy.
But on the other side, mana boots give him the mana pool he needs early game to spam everything, the downside being that he loses the health regen from bottle and the chance of getting treads, which are a great way to boost his survivability, or phase, which let you chase better (I favor tread though)
I personally think that bottle is the best option, but it depends on the person.

And after that? Well, that's for you to decide

-Force staff is fucking great when combined with cogs. I love leaving the cogs in the middle of a chase and then forcing myself over them.

-Heart and shiva's gives you a shitload of survivability, a nice damage boost and loads of health regen/mana that come handy. Always a nice luxury. And if you can get both, things get pretty sick.

-Necro 3 is THE damage item for clock. Enemy gets cogged. He tries to attack the necrodudes? last will plus battery assault deal with him. He attacks you? He can say goodbye to his mana pull while they whack at him. Trying to attack the cogs? Good luck with battery assault.

-If you need a bit of everything, as always a drum might come handy if you can't get anything more pricey.

-If you get rightclicked all the time, ghost scepter might be required. Just make sure that there are no hard nukers in the enemy team. Or better yet, get a halberd. 25% evasion, maim, damage, health and that rocking disarm.

-Scythe of vyse is always good. Rod of atos too if you don't have the money for hex. both give mana and health, something clock needs

-Basher is a viable option with a bit of AS, since you will get a few free autoattacks. The same can be said of deso and orchid, since your damage dealers will love you.

-Dagon for lolololololololololo.

-Good ol' blade mail is of course, always a good option.

As you can see, clock is very flexible to build. Just adjust to what it's needed.

And a tip: Always be one more than the enemy whenever you gank. Clock alone has a hard time killing anyone but the squishiest supports or guys with a long cast animation.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 20, 2013, 10:14:09 pm »

Clockwerk + Aghs is super duper fun.

I really can't imagine playing a game as him without getting it. It's like playing Zeus and not going for Refresher Aghs.

I've noticed Soul Ring is good on him as well. Especially if he's side lane.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 21, 2013, 12:53:18 am »

Heh, yeah, I look forward to mucking around with ol' Rattletrap a bit more.  Should be fun.

As for Void, although Battlefury may technically not be a recommended item as per Valve's all-knowing build plan, it is a popular enough item to build on him that there's actually a model that was made for him to use that shows him wielding Battlefury instead of his usual mace (which makes a few of his lines a little weird, but we don't care).

Personally, I'm actually a fan of Maelstrom.  Adds attack speed (and Void is ALL about the attack speed and getting those Time Locks to proc), helps farm with a little added damage and of course the chain lightning procs, and eventually builds into the single highest passive attack speed booster item in the game.  With this Manta Void build, I actually go Midas first, then Maelstrom.  Void takes a while longer to become effective, and needs more farm, but getting an early Midas not only carries into some decent revenue after ten minutes (roughly the break-even point) and a teensy bit extra attack speed, but (more importantly) gives a significant XP boost that helps Void rack up the early levels.  And since Void lives or dies by his skills, that's a nice thing to have...

For boots, I actually found building Phase on Void to be nice.  It gives a little extra early damage to help farming/last-hitting, assists with chasing (which is VERY nice since you most likely won't be able to deal quite as much mayhem during the bubble as you'd like, and will likely have some cleanup to do afterwards), and also actually alleviates one of the more common and peculiar problems of Chronosphere...  Namely, trapping people and creeps in such a way that you have to waste time running around a slalom in order to reach your target.

Once I get Diffusal things start to get particularly interesting, and then it's just a straight gank street up to Manta and total domination.  Building a Vlad somewhere along the line helps Void's pathetic mana regen, gives him a lifesteal that stacks with a later Diffusal Blade (and thus helps out with prolonged jungle trips), and also provides minor damage, armor and health regen bonuses.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 246