Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239827 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2190 on: March 19, 2013, 06:45:44 am »

Oh shush with your sensibilities and actual effective tactics!  Hehehe...  Basically, though, it was more just to have a way of teleporting straight into their jungle/secret shop or stuff like that, and so you could freely move Meepos around.  Thing is, if you had one playing ward on the enemy side, and one playing poof beacon back at the fountain, that would only leave 2-3 Meepclones to actually do things.  And since Meepo Prime is generally the one with the good stuff, that's a bit meh.

EDIT:  Could even use that to set up a sneak in the Roshan pit.  Peeps come in, start tangling with Ro-boy, and suddenly get poofed by four Meepos teleporting in simultaneously while one nets them.

You could take a Lifestealer with you though, if you don't have Nature's Prophet on your team.

Just thought about something...  Can Doom devour Necronomicon creeps?  Or, say...  Spiderlings?  Beastmaster summons?  And aren't Visage's familiars only 95% magic resist or something, and not actually immune like Undying's zeds?  Because there are potentially some abilities and passives in that lot which would be hilarious to have on someone like Doom.

I've lost my win-over-loss advantage a while back, and I tend to blame myself for everything.  Even those times with hysterically stupid teammates who blamed me because they couldn't do anything (dude, you have higher base damage than I do, why have you utterly failed to last hit ANYTHING?  And yes, it is totally my fault that Tusk's skill glitched and you got stuck on top of an ice wall), and then 4 out of 5 ragequit.

Still though, I hear you learn more from a loss than a victory.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:36 am »

Doom can eat those things but he doesn't gain their abilities.

Speaking of Lucy, rod of atos is incredible on him as you can't blink or force staff or bkb while doomed. So whoever you doom is completely fucked.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 19, 2013, 12:35:31 pm »

Hence the name of the skill, hehe...

Actually played a co-op with him just recently, decided to try out my jungling.  It went fairly well, thanks to a few early ganks that went swimmingly.  From the recommended items list, I pretty much only built Radiance and Heart, everything else was my own experimentation...

Like power treads instead of phase, Manta style, Battlefury, and Vlad's.  Not in that order, of course, hehe.

By the end there I was doing over 400 damage per hit at remarkable speed, with 25% critchance (pack leader), and of course had somewhere around 4000 health and 180 strength.  Didn't die a single time that whole game, unless you count when I soloed Rosh, got the Aegis, and then used it.

I suppose it's understandable that he doesn't get their abilities.  I mean, that would be just a bit much...  Like being able to stone form or get the warrior's true sight.  Make him even more hellish than he already is.  Still though, being able to instakill a necro summon or familiar is nice enough to have.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 20, 2013, 05:34:12 pm »

Why the hell do people buy carry items on Doom bringer? The only case where one of his skills has synergy with right clicking items is with the alpha wolf crit, and even then, the only thing that affects only him is the crit, and even then it is pretty shitty (20% for a x2? C'mon, that's crap). Only because he can have a shit ton of gold early doen't mean that he should try to carry the game with rightclicks. With his skills and his farming ability, he'd be better getting a necro 3 (Specially after last patch. Now scorched earth gives extra ms and regen to the necro dudes), vyse(Great on freakin' everyone), or hell, even a dagon 5 + EBlade, since he is one of the few guys who can farm it in a reasonable amount of time (He has a pretty sick STR gain too, and EBlade AGI gives him his much needed armor). The only usually bought items I think are legit on him are Midas(He can get one in 3 minutes, getting to the point where you can just one shot someone with a single doom if he is low enough), assault cuirass (Aura+needed armor), aghanim(DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM), and tarrasque (Because bracers are for the poor and irish)  and those don't give enough damage to turn him into a proper carry.

He's not the worst offender though.

By the way, I just learned that kraken shell can dispel doom. That's good ol' tide being baller.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 20, 2013, 05:54:38 pm »

Bahaha, yeah, seen a few Carryprophets lately...   Still though, not the worst one I've heard/witnessed.

"mid"

"Uhh...  What?  You're Lich, I'm Sniper...  Shouldn't I take mid?"

"no.  I carry lich"

Well alrighty then...

Also, Doom can also get some surprising usage out of eating a ghost.  Around the same slows as an Eye of Skadi, just without the awesome stats.

I still haven't gotten around to building Midas on Doom, although I've been planning on doing so for a while now.  Only thing is...  I do have to wonder about the actual usage of Midas.  Strictly speaking, the only benefit you get out of it is the ability to one-shot a creep and get extra XP from it, and the increased attack speed.  Because of the gold cost, you'd need to use Midas 10 times before you even just recoup the gold cost, and with the cooldown that means that constant, immediate usage of it every time it gets off cooldown will need 1000 seconds, which is over 16 minutes.

Still though, he can be a nice semicarry, especially considering how quickly he can farm stuff.  Can be a decent stepping stone at the very least.  And besides, it was a co-op bot game, you're allowed to have a little fun...  Hehehe.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 20, 2013, 06:00:01 pm »

Lich used to go mid all the time around Ti1 you wanted him to lvl fast for his ult

Also new patch
GAMEPLAY
- Clockwerk: Fixed being able to break Hookshot movement with purge/stonegaze/etc.
- Drow Ranger: Marksmanship bonus is removed when there are nearby enemy heroes (instead of just being halved).
- Drow Ranger: Reduced Marksmanship enemy detection aoe reduced from 400 to 375.
- Keeper of the Light: Illuminate manacost from increased 150 to 150/160/170/180.
- Keeper of the Light: Illuminate AOE reduced from 400 to 350.
- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Mana Leak not getting removed by Dark Pact or Kraken Shell.
- Mirana: Fixed cast and attack behaviors during Leap.
- Nyx Assassin: Spiked Carapace duration reduced from 2.75 to 2.25.
- Nyx Assassin: Spiked Carapace cooldown increased from 14 to 23/20/17/14.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Whirling Death debuff getting dispelled.
- Timbersaw: Fixed attack capability getting reset while Magic Immune when Chakram is used.
- Timbersaw: Fixed Whirling Death stat drain not affecting Magic Immune units.
- Treant Protector: Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its charges.
- Tranquil Boots: Disabled speed reduced from 50 to 25.
- Tranquil Boots: Heal increased from 170 to 250.
- Tranquil Boots: Cooldown increased from 40 to 60.
- Tranquil Boots: Heal duration increased from 10 to 20.
- Tranquil Boots: Fixed being able to drop the item to reset its state.
- Tranquil Boots: Fixed damage detection threshold on Tranquil's heal.
- Heaven's Halberd: Disarm is no longer dispelled by Manta.
- Added Timbersaw to Captain's Mode (Tournament Version).
- Fixed attack acquisition range on Disruptor, KOTL, Wisp, Visage and Medusa.
- Fixed Towers sometimes attacking you too soon when moving out of range.

BOTS
- Added Jakiro bot.
- Added Sand King bot.
- Bots that have been hit by multiple stacks of Sticky Napalm will now contemplate their misfortune further back in the lane.
- Fixed a bug where bots would try to cast stuns when being wildly out of range.

UI
- Minimap now displays illusions for spectators.
- Fixed a bug that caused enemy-created Meepo illusions to get added to the original player's multi-hero interface.

VISUALS
- Added in-game models for when the following items are dropped from inventory into the world: Tango and Dust of Appearance.

EFFECTS
- Updated Dagon visual effects and scaled it with level.
- Added an effect when Marksmanship is active.

AUDIO
- Fixed music volume bug.
- Fixed a bug preventing heroes from commenting on specific item purchases.
- Fixed AA's ult cast sounds to only play for teammates or nearby enemies that have vision.
- Added a unique sound for Viper's orb attack.
- Added sound to Diffusal Blade purge.
- Various mix tweaks across creeps, ui and the tutorial quest sounds.

WORKSHOP
- Disabled browsing & submitting in the Test Client, but allowed imports for testing purposes.
- Submissions now have the option of including a PSD containing marketing materials for the submission.
- Added Beastmaster's Hawk and Lone Druid's Bear to the Ability Import list.
- Attack animations now describe the animation timing required for the attack to match the character using them.
Rip Drow <3
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:04:17 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 20, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »

^ What Alkhemia said.

The general rule is: if your hero is good in lane, he's great in mid.

Edit: If you're confused about the Tranquils change, what basically happens if if Tranquils is disabled, you move slower than regular boots now. So it's a pretty big nerf. It's definitely still viable if you just want to have sustainability or be able to spam soul ring but now it's not the "every single person buy tranquils" item any more.

And yeah, Drow is useless now. Probably too big a nerf but I don't particularly mind. She's really boring to both play as, and play against. Like Viper.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 20, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »

I still haven't gotten around to building Midas on Doom, although I've been planning on doing so for a while now.  Only thing is...  I do have to wonder about the actual usage of Midas.  Strictly speaking, the only benefit you get out of it is the ability to one-shot a creep and get extra XP from it, and the increased attack speed.  Because of the gold cost, you'd need to use Midas 10 times before you even just recoup the gold cost, and with the cooldown that means that constant, immediate usage of it every time it gets off cooldown will need 1000 seconds, which is over 16 minutes.
The point of getting midas on doom is getting to level 16 as fast as you can. Doom lvl 3 is way too awesome when most people have 5 levels less than you. Also, it makes you jungle quick as a lightning.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 20, 2013, 06:48:19 pm »

You know you're playing Sniper properly when the chat contains such gems as "Sniper can suck a thousand dicks". Maybe it was because me and new!Drow murdered the entire enemy team (Storm Spirit, Bloodseeker, Earth Shaker(?), Lion, Zeus). Shotgunning Zeus was so satisfying.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »

Man, does sniper still die if folks even so much as look at him cross? Last time I was paying attention the proper way to play sniper was to not play sniper and play a carry that takes more than a mild breeze to kill instead.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »

Nah, he still dies to anything.  The trick is getting close enough to him in order to do so, which generally means getting past the rest of the team if things are being done right.

Also, bots can go die.  I mean, really.  We were 22 kills ahead.  Viper was level 25, I (Chaos Knight) was level 25, Skeleton King was 25...  And yet they still file in and feed everyone and then get themselves killed at the end when they have neither the gold to buy back nor the time to wait out that timeout.

Mind you, Chaos Knight really isn't the best choice for bot games, because Bot Sight and all that fun...  But still, I managed to get a post-mortem Ultra Kill fairly early on.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »

Man, does sniper still die if folks even so much as look at him cross? Last time I was paying attention the proper way to play sniper was to not play sniper and play a carry that takes more than a mild breeze to kill instead.

Pretty much, yeah. I vaguely remember hearing him being in maybe one pro game in the last few months (since I started following the pro scene).

In pubs, though, he's decent. Max Take Aim, and the average pubber will get outlaned hard. Diving against a Sniper requires coordination. Move with your lane partner, land a stun, and Sniper's dead as a doornail. Most pubbers tend to half-commit, back off, advance a bit, hesitate - and the whole time, they're getting pulverized from 700 range + ministuns.

Also, using Shadowblade as an escape mechanism works just fine when your opponents have never heard of 'dust', 'sentries', and certainly not 'gems'. I've watched teams repeatedly try to gank Shadowblade Snipers, watch helplessly as he goes invis, and then stand there as if to say "welp, we tried. Kinda wish he wouldn't keep getting away from us!"  ::)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »

Remember a cwl game where I was Earthshaker and my friend was Void.

EVERY SINGLE TEAMFIGHT WAS : ES Blink Echo Slam, Void Time Walk Chrono, Clean up.
People started throwing out "Dat Void", which was kinda hilarious, although tbh I was a little bit jealous as I did almost as much (skill - wise) as he did.

The other three guys on our team did almost nothing past 30:00. I wish I was exaggerating, but I wasn't. It was basically ES blink Echo and Totem to get an extended stun, I'd die, and then Void would Time Walk in and team wipe. GG after a few fights like that. :D

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 20, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »

Get ahead, get more ahead, snipe supports whenever they show up :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 20, 2013, 10:40:37 pm »

Remember a cwl game where I was Earthshaker and my friend was Void.

EVERY SINGLE TEAMFIGHT WAS : ES Blink Echo Slam, Void Time Walk Chrono, Clean up.
People started throwing out "Dat Void", which was kinda hilarious, although tbh I was a little bit jealous as I did almost as much (skill - wise) as he did.

The other three guys on our team did almost nothing past 30:00. I wish I was exaggerating, but I wasn't. It was basically ES blink Echo and Totem to get an extended stun, I'd die, and then Void would Time Walk in and team wipe. GG after a few fights like that. :D
Imagine Sand King in that mix. Chronosphere is basically heaven for heroes like SK and Ancient Apparition.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 246