Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239775 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2040 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »

Goddamn crates.

New crate has the two wards I want, Tidehunter ward and Jakiro ward. I want either. Both listed as common and there's a 50% chance of getting either. So I open it.

I get an axe for Axe.

Goddammit!!!!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 01, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »

I'd just buy the wards straight up then if I were you. :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 01, 2013, 04:04:05 pm »

I'd just buy the wards straight up then if I were you. :)
You can't. I looked =(

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 01, 2013, 04:10:35 pm »

Try trading them. You'll get ripped off, but if you really want them, it's worth it. I opened about 5 lotus chests looking for the riptide swords for naga, but I didn't got any of them (At least I got lucky enough to get that sexy finblade. Totally worth the 10 bucks) Murphy's law will oppose you when you try to get the item you want.

Also, anyone would be willing to part with the riptide swords if they have them?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 01, 2013, 08:04:00 pm »

I think today was the first time in almost a year when I actually picked a hero. Got invited into a 5-man queue.

Was almost about to actually hit the random button after I saw everyone on the team picked basically all roles when I saw the enemy.

Faceless Void.

Lycan.

Hmmmm....

I happen to know of a hero that not only likes to eat wolves for breakfast, but has a skill that renders the entirety of Void's ult useless.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 01, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

Slark x Naga? Umi, pick one. :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 01, 2013, 08:58:13 pm »

... that...

... now I'm wondering if there's room for a mode where you specify the number of heroes each player starts with. So, like. Everyone could get two. Or twenty. Maybe an upper limit based on how many total heroes there are, so you could have a no-copy game. With every hero in the game on the map.

It would be an utter clusterfuck. A hilarious one.

But more toned down stuff would be somewhat more sane. Maybe a max of three or so, for a upper limit of 30 heroes on the map.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 01, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

Viper is one nasty bastard in late game. I can decimate three players and their creeps if they forget to silence me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:36:37 pm by NobodyPro »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 01, 2013, 09:16:53 pm »

... that...

... now I'm wondering if there's room for a mode where you specify the number of heroes each player starts with. So, like. Everyone could get two. Or twenty. Maybe an upper limit based on how many total heroes there are, so you could have a no-copy game. With every hero in the game on the map.

But more toned down stuff would be somewhat more sane. Maybe a max of three or so, for a upper limit of 30 heroes on the map.

Perhaps one hero each to begin, but you can buy an extra hero for x amount of gold (where x = number of heroes you own at the moment squared x 1000 or something)

And perhaps an option to upgrade your creep waves, or gain control over them. Say for example for 500 gold you completely remove your creep spawns for that way to ensure the wave is pulled into your lane.

I should really get to work on that DOTA board game again. I had lots of it designed, actually. :P

EDIT : Make deaths semi - permanent, i.e. you need 'buyback' to revive your heroes. Would make an interesting game mode! :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:24:29 pm by Korbac »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:02 pm »

So, basically, every player gets to control Meepo, except you have to buy more clones?  ;)

...man. Every time I see a Meepo video, my first thought is "Damn, that's awesome! I wanna do that! I could totally do that!"
And then I remember how badly I fail with Meepo.  :'(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 01, 2013, 10:04:58 pm »

... that...

Perhaps one hero each to begin, but you can buy an extra hero for x amount of gold (where x = number of heroes you own at the moment squared x 1000 or something)

And perhaps an option to upgrade your creep waves, or gain control over them. Say for example for 500 gold you completely remove your creep spawns for that way to ensure the wave is pulled into your lane.

I should really get to work on that DOTA board game again. I had lots of it designed, actually. :P

EDIT : Make deaths semi - permanent, i.e. you need 'buyback' to revive your heroes. Would make an interesting game mode! :D
So like normal Warcraft 3 lol
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 01, 2013, 10:10:09 pm »

That was exactly what I was thinking.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:51 pm »

ALK, UMI, DO NOT SPOIL MY FUN  :-X ZIP

It would be like WC 3 but without the 'boring' base building and every unit you control is a hero!

Wouldn't that be fun?

Well maybe not but I'd enjoy it. You'd probably need the bots to manage all the abilities though.

XD

Can't wait until easter where I can get back onto this. Last weekend I had a few games but as usual it was faceroll bonanza one way or the other. Well, except one game which was quite even, but then someone abandoned :(

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 01, 2013, 10:33:25 pm »

So I just solo'd a match and won. Turns out that people will ignore a hero in their base if they think four more are charging down the centre.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 01, 2013, 11:26:57 pm »

Just had the most amazing match (Here's the match incase anyone actually wants to watch it for some reason)

Its all random, they get a fairly decent teamcomp (support, carry, tank), we get pudge and 4 supports.

Game starts off, and we get a support in every lane, pudge gets his own support, cause we're teams support.

About 15 minutes in, not having anyone who can really do damage begins to show, and their shadow fiend just starts to steamroll us, and we lose the teamfights.

At this point things start to get really amusing.

Then he gets a rapier, and we kill him in our base. We turn it around, and begin to push back.
The rapier goes to their doom after we get it (and our pudge who was carrying it died), then goes to our dazzle.
Cue shouts of: DAZZLE BEST CARRY IN GAME, BETTER THEN PL.

Then shadow fiend gets another rapier, and steals his first one back (from pudge who just got it off dazzles corpse).

Then he gets a third rapier, and two hit kills all of us.

Looking at my post, I am sad that I am unable to describe just how awesome and hilarious the game was.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 246