Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239766 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2010 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:29 pm »

Well dam, DotA seems to crash for me at either the build screen or when a game begins. Glad I never bought it.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »

Oh my god... my heart...

The Team Liquid vs Mouz Sports Game 3 has the most intense ending I've ever seen. Quite possibly the most baller player I've ever seen. http://de.twitch.tv/tobiwandota/b/371333569

WATCH IT. Get some heart medication and watch it because you will be blown away. Game starts at 2 hours 30 minutes in. Feel free to skip the first 30 minutes because it's just them farming. It's after that that the fun starts.
HOLY SHIT.
I started spazzing out so hard at the end. It was just such an amazing turn around.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 26, 2013, 02:02:45 am »

That was amazing. I just picked up DoTA 2 from a friend a couple days ago, and I've been puttering around with Invoker, since I used to play him in the original Warcraft 3 custom map, years ago. I love that this is a full standalone game now.  :D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 27, 2013, 08:33:26 am »

I'm feeling really stupid right now but... how does I activate items? I tried clicking on them and using hotkeys but they don't seem to work. (I'm beginning to think that the shop system doesn't work the way I think it does.)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 27, 2013, 08:38:08 am »

I'm feeling really stupid right now but... how does I activate items? I tried clicking on them and using hotkeys but they don't seem to work. (I'm beginning to think that the shop system doesn't work the way I think it does.)

Heh, only items with actives can be activated. Items like tangos and hand of midas. Regular items like ironwood branches can't be activated. Think of the items like uh... Like a Sword (Items that can be activated) and a stat-boosting bracelet (Items that grant stats).
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 27, 2013, 08:44:41 am »

I'm talking about things like Healing Salve and uh... Aquila Ring?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 27, 2013, 08:47:59 am »

I'm talking about things like Healing Salve and uh... Aquila Ring?

Healing Salve you need to use and then select the target.
Aquila Ring is a toggle where you can set it to effect or not effect non-hero creeps (for purposes of controlling the wave). You might be switching it on and off and on again.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 27, 2013, 08:48:19 am »

Double click Healing salve, or click the icon once, then click on whoever you want to heal.

The Ring of Aquila, well you can toggle it to grant non-hero units armor or not.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:44 am »

http://navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13272 Funn1k joins Navi replacing ARS-ART
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 27, 2013, 01:05:34 pm »

O_O

Where was funn1k originally from again? Another top team, IIRC.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 27, 2013, 02:26:02 pm »

Empire I think. One of their best.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 27, 2013, 02:36:57 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykbVt1ZaJM
There are no words for me to voice how awesome that video is. Also, I left this in its reddit page

Doom: No! My rapier!
    Tusk: Doom bringer! Looks like we share a throw as fate.
    Brewmaster: Captain Walrus!
    Tusk: The name "Captain Walrus" is given to those worthy of a good bar brawl. Brewmaster, as of today you are the new Captain Walrus
    Doom: I will not die, nor my ancient!
    Tusk: WALRUS PUNCH
    Brewmaster: CAPTAIN WALRUS!
    Doom: Cyka! XAXAXAXA!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 28, 2013, 03:34:02 am »

oops my bad was playing Ni no Kuni so this it late but here
- Added Mechanics I for new players!
- Added 7 new item sets to the Dota store.
- Immortal and Tournament items can now be traded on the Steam Community Market.

GAMEPLAY
- Clockwerk: Fixed Power Cogs pulling more than just heroes inside the cogs.
- Huskar: Fixed Berserker's Blood not stacking at the proper health thresholds.
- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Mana Leak accumulating mana loss during magic immunity.
- Phantom Lancer: Fixed an issue where illusions made by a player on the other team would create uncontrollable Juxtapose illusions.
- Tusk: Fixed a case where heroes with very small collision size could escape Ice Shards.
- Tusk: Fixed a rare bug where teleporting could cause Walrus Punched units to end up in odd positions.
- Fixed various aspects of Spectral Dagger logic being dispellable.
- Fixed sometimes being revealed if your projectile hits the target after you become invisible with Shadow Blade.
- Improved TP interaction with FoW.
- Fixed two ledges (below the two rune spots) where you could get units stuck with Telekinesis and Vacuum. Finally

UI
- Added the ability to examine chests.
- Added a Game History tab to the Team Profile.
- Added checkbox for filtering Live Games to just Team games.
- You can now click on Team names in Live or Recent games to view their team profiles.
- Added a post-game Match Quality survey panel.
- Added an icon to backpack slots if that item is currently equipped.
- Fixed the courier delivery icon popping when the courier collected stash items.
- Fixed courier delivery being delayed by 0.5 seconds if there were no items to get from the stash.
- Fixed courier move orders not clearing the transfer items buff icon.
- Players can now set a custom rich presence status that can be displayed on the UI.
- Fixed Lina's Fiery Soul buff not showing the correct cooldown if it was refreshed with 3 stacks.

AUDIO/VISUAL - Updated Arc Lightning's visual effects and sound.
- Updated Shadow Shaman's attack sound.
- Updated Ether Shock's visual effects and sound.
- Updated Mjollnir and Maelstrom visual effects.

BOTS
- When a push is happening into a base, global desire to farm is significantly decreased.
- Fixed a case where bots far from the lane front could thrash into and out of Push Lane mode.
- Single-player bot games now run locally on the user's machine.
- Increased reaction time by about 50% in all modes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:36:50 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 28, 2013, 03:41:21 am »

This is what this first tutorial looks like: http://imgur.com/a/cxBJT#0

Seems to be a series too, so it's quite likely we'll get some kind of mini singleplayer campaign. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like Warcraft 3 in it.

Also, Valve has now made the server.dll available for the public to use. Most likely in anticipation of making LAN events possible. It will also make custom maps fully doable, ala TF2 or Counterstrike.

Edit: Singleplayer bot games are now run on your machine too, so you don't need to be connected to the internet to play them. Gotta love Valve. Along with it comes a slew of debugging tools so you can customize bot behaviour. This might open up community created bots in the future. More information here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=75439

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:02 am »

This is what this first tutorial looks like: http://imgur.com/a/cxBJT#0

Seems to be a series too, so it's quite likely we'll get some kind of mini singleplayer campaign. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like Warcraft 3 in it.

Also, Valve has now made the server.dll available for the public to use. Most likely in anticipation of making LAN events possible. It will also make custom maps fully doable, ala TF2 or Counterstrike.

Edit: Singleplayer bot games are now run on your machine too, so you don't need to be connected to the internet to play them. Gotta love Valve. Along with it comes a slew of debugging tools so you can customize bot behaviour. This might open up community created bots in the future. More information here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=75439

Someone needs to make a Warcraft 3 mod for Dota2. Just 'cause.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 246