Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239762 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1995 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:57 pm »

Casking when there's only two enemies right next to each other is damn effective and, combined with death ward, can rid you of that pesky Sven and DK. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »

Guides are out. If you want to write guides, now's the time as there's barely any on it.

I tried to write one, but after I added the 50th "situational item", no core items at all, and my build was all over the place because "it depends"... I realized I probably shouldn't write a guide for newbies. Or maybe I should and all it'll say is:

"Do whatever is needed for your situation".

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 22, 2013, 05:48:55 pm »

I think they are pretty easy to do. Just put boots into rapier in core items followed by four vlad's. It'll work well enough for a pub.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58:24 pm »

Conversely, just get bloodstone on witch doctor; watch everyone die while you have infinite mana/health
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 22, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

The next time you are in low priority, get a 5-man stack for some amazingh matches. Bloodrage on eagle level of amazing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:12:00 pm by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »

Bored, so here's a list of what I think Aghanims should give certain heroes.

- Ancient Apparition: Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds and has no mana cost.

- Bloodseeker: Rupture becomes a global skill, and stuns the target for 5 seconds. Damage from moving still applies.

- Broodmother: Broodmother spawns one spiderling for each autoattack while Insatiable Hunger is activated.

- Chaos Knight: Chaos Knight loses control of all his illusions, but all illusions now take regular damage instead of double damage as well as gain the ability to use regular abilities. The illusions are put under AI control and will attack the closest enemy target.

- Clinkz: Death pact is permanent, but you can only have one instance of it active at a time.

- Disruptor: Static Storm automatically generates a static field around it. Disruptor still has use of his regular static field.

- Enigma: Black hole is now instant cast.

- Keeper of the Light:  Spirit Form grants maximum movespeed for the duration.

- Lone Druid: Lone Druid fuses with his Spirit Bear, gaining all the stats and abilities of the bear but not the items or the item slots, becoming one hero. This change is permanent and the Scepter as well as all its stats is lost after this process.

- Mirana: Moonlight Shadow's fade time is reduced to 0.25 seconds.

- Naga Siren: Song of the Siren can be disabled and re-enabled throughout its duration. The actual duration itself is fixed so if Siren turns it off for 6 seconds, Song only lasts 1 second.

- Omniknight: The Omniscience himself decends onto the battlefield, giving Omniknight global true vision throughout the duration of Guardian Angel.

- Shadow Demon: Demonic Purge reapplies itself for a second time after the initial spell wears off. This can only occur once per cast.

- Silencer: Every time an enemy attempts to cast a spell that would otherwise be blocked during global silence, they receive 100 damage. Does not apply to targets that are not affected by global silence such as magic immune units.

- Skeleton King: Every fourth attack from Skeleton King now has 600 range and applies a 1 second stun.

- Slardar: If a target hit by amplify damage would have its armour reduced to less than zero, it will take 16 physical damage per second. If the target's armour will be reduced to a number greater than zero, then amplify damage will reduce it to exactly zero.

- Sniper: Sniper gains the one time ability "Scepter blast". With the Scepter equipped, Sniper's ultimate will shoot out the Scepter itself, doing 1000 pure damage in a 300 AOE around the target after which the Scepter is destroyed and Sniper is forbidden from buying a new one.

- Spectre: Illusions last until they are killed.

- Storm Spirit: Ball Lightning is now an active ability. When activated, Storm Spirit retains the same movespeed, invulnerability, and all the benefits of Ball Lightning for 15 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. Storm Spirit loses the ability to cast any other spell throughout this duration. Ball Lighning now costs 100% of Storm Spirit's mana upon casting.

- Sven: Upon activation of God's Strength, Sven slams the ground and creates a 500 AOE shockwave that does 500 damage to all units in front of him.

- Tidehunter: The tentacles from Ravage will ripple back to Tidehunter after expanding outwards to hit all targets within the AOE a second time, though at 50% effectiveness.

- Timbersaw: Chakram can be moved after casting.

- Tinker: Tinker may cast spells and items while channeling rearm. The actual effect of rearm still only takes place after it has finished channeling.

- Treant Protector: Overgrowth will now stun enemies for the full duration if they are within 200 range of a tree. Treant Protector is counted as a tree.

- Tuskarr: Walrus Punch! is now called the Walrus One Two. Walrus One Two will apply two Walrus Punches each time it's activated. The first punch is the same as the previous one. The second punch is identical to the first except it will send the target flying 1000 units in the direction Tuskarr is facing. Tuskarr may punch two different targets if he choses.

- Weaver: Time Lapse resets the game to what it was 5 seconds ago. Affects everything.

- Wisp: Wisp can chose a different location to return to after relocating.

-----

That was pretty fun to write.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: February 22, 2013, 11:57:40 pm »

Some of these are hilariously ridiculous!

- Bloodseeker: Rupture becomes a global skill, and stuns the target for 5 seconds. Damage from moving still applies.

Still a terrible hero.  :P
(Especially since Rupture only lasts 7/8/9 seconds. Exactly how much movement damage are you expecting the target to take when stunned, eh?)

- Storm Spirit: Ball Lightning is now an active ability. When activated, Storm Spirit retains the same movespeed, invulnerability, and all the benefits of Ball Lightning for 15 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. Storm Spirit loses the ability to cast any other spell throughout this duration. Ball Lighning now costs 100% of Storm Spirit's mana upon casting.

Ball Lightning, at max level, has a move speed of 2500 and deals 16 damage per 100 units travelled. 400 DPS for 15 seconds = 6000 magical damage that a target absolutely cannot escape, plus invulnerability.  :o

- Wisp: Wisp can chose a different location to return to after relocating.

So... basically, the drawback of Relocate is removed, and replaced with a second, free casting of Relocate?  :P

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17:16 am »

Some of these are hilariously ridiculous!

Still a terrible hero.  :P
(Especially since Rupture only lasts 7/8/9 seconds. Exactly how much movement damage are you expecting the target to take when stunned, eh?)

While it's a very trolly suggestion, it'd actually improve Rupture for what it's used for in my experience: keeping the enemy from moving. Effectively it's a soft-stun already and once Bloodseeker gets it life becomes hell for enemies in his lane if they don't already have a massive advantage. I think TP doesn't cause damage so it's slightly less of an issue if BS isn't laning with a stun partner but.. yeah.

The more I think about Bloodseeker the more I think he gets an unfair rapport in the Dota community and only looks bad in comparison to some ridiculous carries.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: February 23, 2013, 01:44:08 am »

Yeah... he's not bad. The problem is simple: his skills are amazing... once he starts to snowball.

Seriously. Bloodbath is an incredible heal... if you're getting kills before dying. Thirst is an awesome speed buff... if you're dealing damage. Bloodrage grants lots of damage... if you already have a bunch of DPS. Rupture is a guaranteed kill... if you have enough damage to kill before the target TPs out.

But how exactly does he start snowballing? Thirst only works if the enemy's health is low, making it often useless for initiation. It also grants no damage advantage, so you have to be able to kill the target with right-clicks. Bloodrage is a sweet damage buff, but you have to have some base damage before it becomes useful. Bloodbath provides no bonus at all until people start dropping.

He's often played in pubs as a ganker with Thirst, but this only works when the other team makes risky moves while under 50% HP, and opens up the infamous "TP counter" to Rupture. He could be a niche carry, with Bloodbath to counter harassment and Bloodrage for late-game DPS. But even then, he's got no initiation on foes with full HP, and his only 'disable' is a) his ulti, and b) only 'prevents' movement, not attacking or spells.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: February 23, 2013, 01:49:30 am »

But how exactly does he start snowballing?

Teamwork? I imagine that Bloodseeker and Tusk can be the bestest of friends.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:11 am »

Yeah, while I was thinking of that Bloodseeker thing I mostly just thought how fun it would be to combine his super vision of 1/2 hp enemies with a global stun that lasts the same as a full length Mirana arrow. You trade off the big damage from his ult for a super duper stun. Not to mention you can still proc the damage by force-staffing that person around like No Tidehunter did to RDM. 5-man forcestaff Bloodseeker strat.

I might not have thought that Storm Spirit thing through but hehe, it sounded fun in my head.

I think if Wisp can manage to afford a Scepter, he deserves to have a good upgrade. :P Not to mention if he rushes it, he won't have Mek or Urn or things like that which make a really big difference on Wisp for the double heal. Whereas if he doesn't rush it, he'll only get it super late into the game (unless his team is roflstomping), at which point Wisp would have been quite useless so it makes the ult upgrade worthwhile for him.

Either way it was all just trolly stuff I was thinking. No chance of any of this getting added thankfully hahaha.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »

Oh god, somehow I managed to develop a complete phobia for playing Huskarr.

Like, I'm not even joking it's 100% a complete irrational fear that begins the moment he is randomed for me. Here are the things I experience as a Huskarr:
- My hands don't stop shaking and shivering.
- I don't stop sweating cold sweat.
- My heart rate goes through the roof and the whole match feels like me running a marathon.
- I become incredibly nervous, and misclick nonstop. Not helped by the hand shivering.

It's crazy. It doesn't make any sense at all but this is how my body reacts to playing him. Even when I got run over by a van or when I nearly drove off a cliff I didn't feel like this.

My theory is that ever since one random Death Prophet completely roflstomped my ass in mid as Huskarr, I've been like this. It's some kind of subconscious reaction to being completely blown out of the water. I mean... it makes no sense at all. Even Huskarr losing to Death Prophet is completely logical, he can't do anything to her. But my body refuses to accept it. It must have completely destroyed my ego somehow inside the deepest parts of my mind.

I wonder if this is what people afraid of spiders and rats feel like.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: February 24, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »

Umi, you are being possessed by a spirit from the Nothl Realm!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: February 25, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »

Oh my god... my heart...

The Team Liquid vs Mouz Sports Game 3 has the most intense ending I've ever seen. Quite possibly the most baller player I've ever seen. http://de.twitch.tv/tobiwandota/b/371333569

WATCH IT. Get some heart medication and watch it because you will be blown away. Game starts at 2 hours 30 minutes in. Feel free to skip the first 30 minutes because it's just them farming. It's after that that the fun starts.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: February 25, 2013, 08:52:03 pm »

SDHGSHGSJDOAJHGAJSOFKGJFHKSDOHJAHHOAJHOH

^ Quote by one of the players after the game's conclusion
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 246