Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239757 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1980 on: February 20, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »

New patch
- Added In-game Guides and Hero Builds!
- Players can now be a member of multiple teams.

GAMEPLAY
- Fixed backswing behavior on some of Invoker's skills.
- Fixed Last Word being dispelled by Purge/Cyclone/etc.
- Fixed Last Word interrupting channeling spells if the initial duration ends during the channel.
- Enabled Medusa in Captain's Mode tournament version.
- Fixed Healing Ward not preserving its hotkey when leveled up.

UI
- Added right click menu to the combat log with "Copy to clipboard" option.
- Added option to render the Co-Broadcaster's camera. Use dota_minimap_draw_cocaster_camera 0 to disable.
- Added new right click option to backpack items to equip the entire set the item belongs to.

BOTS
- Adjusted hero roles of Windrunner (fewer last hits) and Meepo (more last hits).
- Made Death Prophet bot more likely to use Crypt Swarm in teamfights.
- Made Necrolyte bot a bit more hesitant about using Death Pulse when laning.
- Fixed bots dropping thousands of TP scrolls at the side shops.
- Practice with Bots difficulty and team settings are now saved.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »

Yeah, I've seen a support Naga Siren too. Disable that ignores BKB, armour reduction and illusions to push and tank bouncing spells? Along with the "oops, no gank for you" ulti? Hell yeah.
heh yeah its really good. It's how I normally play her. She also farms really well with the illusions and her nuke so you don't play a broke support.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:57 pm »

Hang on a second.

THEY HAVE A MEEPO BOT?!?!?!??!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 20, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »

Hang on a second.

THEY HAVE A MEEPO BOT?!?!?!??!
They're talking about letting the bots give Meepo more farm.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 21, 2013, 02:11:59 am »

Been thinking about various aura combos recently, from Doom's perspective and Chen's (I watched a couple of interesting games today featuring Chen.)

What do you think are the more useful auras/abilities early on for Doom? The Satyr's life regen looks nice, but not vital. The alpha wolf's damage and crit abilities look sweet as well. The kobold foreman's speed aura does seem to get rid of his biggest weakness (he's slow for a melee'er). Even the troll warlord's skellies and nets might be alright.

Has anyone tried some of the weirder abilities on Doom? Ghost chills, chain lightning, troll priest mana+heal, etc?

I guess like everything, it's situational. But what do you think would be best "on average"? The cat crit+ a quelling blade just looks too good for early farm and cheapness to pass up. Or does +4HP regen pay off well enough for the early game?

Speaking of creep abilities, how good is one satyr tormentor and two troll warlords in early/mid game for Chen? Very damn good. Your creeps stay healthy, you can skelly scout while tower pushing as an anti-gank warning, you've got a tiny bit of AoE out of the satyr, and all the auto attack damage adds up fast. Sub the satyr out and get an alpha wolf in for mid/late game and you're set. Just keep your hero the hell out of the way of anything even slightly scary and you're set (which people never seem to do).

Chen: the one man mega-creep wave, but with auras and heals and stuff. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:35:02 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 21, 2013, 02:22:07 am »

Double post, yeah, but on aura stacking some more. It turns out that vlad's aura, mechansm's aura and the satyr's aura all seem to stack, for a nice happy +12HP regen on top of any other heals. That's one very healthy creep wave.

(I think it listed as +11.7 in game. But still, pretty good for mid game pushes or team support).

Are there any other highly stackable auras or abilites like this that you know of? Alpha wolf aura + quelling blade is +62% creep damage (maybe tower damage as well) for a melee hero, which is good. Anything else? 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:33:38 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:49 am »

Depends on what you like.

In the late game the crit + damage amp from the wolves is too good to pass up, but earlier on it's not that big. 30% damage boost on your whole team in the late game is bonkers. Crit is nice too. Stacks with everything like Venge's damage aura, Drow's aura, etc.

A lot of people like the Kobold Foreman's speed aura, me included. 12% movespeed bonus to everyone isn't anything to sneeze at as it gives more movespeed to your whole team than a Manta Style.

Hill troll priest has some fun spells. The 2 mana regen is godly on Doom, as he has like.... none. And the heal is very trolly. It's 15hp for 5 mana. The only weakness is that you have to stop moving to use it, and you'll be spamming it nonstop. Fun to troll the enemy in mid though. If I jungle him, I get this. Mana regen is awesome as hell.

If you want to maximum troll, get the ghost's frost attack and combine it with orb of venom. You can then be a melee Drow Ranger. It's also 14 bonus damage, pretty nice though not the best thing in the world.

Harpy's chain lightning is really painful to lane against, especially if Doom has a Basilius or some other form of mana regen. It costs only 50 mana but does 140 damage with great range. 2 - 3 hits of this and your lane opponent won't be there any more.

Centaur is another common pick. He has an okay stun that's hard to get in position to do, but a lot of people like the attack speed bonus it gives to your team. I'm a bit iffy on it, as I prefer the gigantic damage boost from the wolves but if you like attack speed, this is always there.

Satyrs have some interesting spells, but really hard to use until you have a large mana pool. For example, the purge from the big Satyr is literally the exact same purge as a diffusal blade. So you get the awesome slow as well as the buff removal and on an incredible 5 second cooldown. Two big drawbacks though. Firstly is the mana cost is really high for Doom. Secondly is it's melee range hahaha. The mana burn is kinda meh-ish. Shockwave is kinda derpy but I have actually used it to secure kills before... So... if there's nothing better... or maybe you just want the hp regen.

Ogre mage's ice armour is super duper ultra good on Doom. I only wish it would autocast itself but other than that it makes Doom nigh immortal early on. Not really useful if you're being aggressive though, which is what Doom should be doing.

Mud golems are okay. The spell immunity is a double edged sword as while it means the enemy can't sheep you or something like that, barely of your own friendly spells or buffs will work on you. So you can't force staff yourself out of trouble and people can't heal you... etc. Generally it's not worth the hassle.

Furbolg's thunderclap isn't very useful. Might as well just eat a ghost or centaur.

The giant bird things have interesting spells as well. The armour aura is really nice, though if you wanted armour you should eat the ogre. I've used the Tornado a few times.... when my team was losing super hard... Got some kills by channelling it in the fountain hahaha. But no, the Tornado is pretty hard to use in a real fight.

The big troll is another really common pickup. The net goes through magic immunity and is ranged, covering Doombringer's biggest weakness. He can't catch anyone. Don't underestimate the skeletons too, if you get a nice stack of them you get a really strong pushing force.

To eat Roshan you must first dispell his Linken's and overcome his magic resistance. To do this you need to first Lvl Death Rosh to break the shield, and then Doom him to disable the passive magic resistance. Then you can eat him and get some really nice spells. The spellshield is really good and you get a great bash. You can also do a mini Earthshaker slam. The big thing however is that you can instantly kill illusions as well as you get the gigantic magic resistance and armour. However, there's a big drawback so you should think carefully before you do this (which is why you never see Pros eat him). Every time you die it takes you 10 minutes to respawn.

That's about it. Eat whatever you like.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 21, 2013, 03:14:40 am »

Cool. I saw the regen off the tormentor satyr as far better than the ranged spell (while Doom has a regen skill, it's on a long cool-down, and it's not as though he has an excess of mana). It also helps the waves or anyone else you're in lane with (a free tango every 30-40 seconds or so for everyone there). Seemed early game good, but lacking in the long run for Doom. It's nice that you can devour enemy creeps in-lane and not lose the aura at least.

As another thought, especially since Chen often plays as a heavy support (not a hard support or jungler, sort of a combination that doesn't really lack in the end game), has anyone tried a one of these?

3x Stormcaller Harpies. It's 3 chain lightnings every 4 seconds. You can do it 11 times with any sort of mana regen on you. That's 420 magic damage to your main target every 4 seconds, and a little bit to others after the bounces. I saw a vid with someone doing it, and it was freakishly good for early/mid game harrassment. Sort of difficult to set up, due to the lack of the creeps you want, but I can't think off many heroes that wouldn't move from lane with that sort of harrassment potential aimed at them.

3x Satyr Tormenters. It's pretty pricy at 100 mana, and it's only once every 8 seconds, but 375 "sort-of" AoE magic damage sounds like it might do what the above does, just different. The satyrs have 800? mana, so that's plenty of harrass still. The auras dont stack, but it does give you some "bursty-AoE", which Chen lacks severely.

Ward-bitch Chen with a very hard carry (read: Medusa, PL, ect). Does an alpha wolf aura ramp these heros up enough so they don't suck quite as badly in early/mid? Can an alpha wolf be kept safe enough for them to farm more easily? Chen should probably never be played as a hard support (he ramps up quick enough to push/gank/early carry so it'd be silly to waste that potential, even if he will probably be heavy support by late game), but if you do play hard support/ward bitch, would an alpha wolf aura stop hard carries sucking so hard early on? -30% damage is about how much they suck early on, so does this make them "normal" in play, with great late game potential? Doom could cover this role, but oh, what a waste. I thought of Chen, because he can still contribute well with minimal/no farm.

Edit: so many edits...... They're alpha wolves, not cats. 3 posts of edits. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:38:15 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 21, 2013, 05:18:37 am »

Mud golems are okay. The spell immunity is a double edged sword as while it means the enemy can't sheep you or something like that, barely of your own friendly spells or buffs will work on you. So you can't force staff yourself out of trouble and people can't heal you... etc. Generally it's not worth the hassle.

To eat Roshan you must first dispell his Linken's and overcome his magic resistance. To do this you need to first Lvl Death Rosh to break the shield, and then Doom him to disable the passive magic resistance. Then you can eat him and get some really nice spells. The spellshield is really good and you get a great bash. You can also do a mini Earthshaker slam. The big thing however is that you can instantly kill illusions as well as you get the gigantic magic resistance and armour. However, there's a big drawback so you should think carefully before you do this (which is why you never see Pros eat him). Every time you die it takes you 10 minutes to respawn.

I didn't even know that was possible. Devouring Roshan? Seriously? That's sounds so hilarious that I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody (pro or not) do it yet. You be trolling us? You gotta be trolling us. Heck, that'd be useful just to deny it to certain early Rosh heroes, or maybe as anti-PL if he gets too strong.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 21, 2013, 05:28:28 am »

I didn't even know that was possible. Devouring Roshan? Seriously? That's sounds so hilarious that I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody (pro or not) do it yet. You be trolling us? You gotta be trolling us. Heck, that'd be useful just to deny it to certain early Rosh heroes, or maybe as anti-PL if he gets too strong.

He's messing with you, though there was a quickly patched bug where Chen could use him as a minion.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 21, 2013, 05:38:34 am »

He's messing with you, though there was a quickly patched bug where Chen could use him as a minion.

I know, but I wanted it to be true  :P
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 21, 2013, 06:48:14 am »

Same with the golems too unfortunately. So no magic immune Doom for anyone. :(
It's a game. Have fun.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:01 am »

quickly patched bug where Chen could use him as a minion.

dat chen bug was hillarious. pity it only lasted an hour I think.

Also on Drow mid - pick any little more competent mid (QoP, nyxnyxnyx, batrider, TA, YOUCANTRUNFROMHEAVEN, hell even Kunkka or BM will do) and kill her repeatedly :).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:55:19 am by aenri »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 21, 2013, 02:37:05 pm »

Heeeheeeheee....

Sambojin: Remember that Chen doesn't actually get 3 creeps to control until quite late into the laning phase, especially since Chen is normally played as a pretty hard support, so some of those things you were talking about might not be as effective as you might think. Things like hp regen aura don't matter all that much past the first 10 minutes or so as there are so many ways to regen your hp in a big burst. Adding to the fact that hp regen isn't particularly useful in a fight unless you have gigantic amounts of it (like a Heart).

Not to mention there might not be any more enemies in lane for you to harass with triple Harpies or guys like that.

As for the wolf aura, if you're playing Chen there's no real reason not to get it unless you want to go triple stun action or something like that (which is perfectly viable, though requires some luck). So I would definitely recommend always grabbing one if you see it. The reason why I said it's more of a lategame thing on Doom is because, using PL as an example, if you look at PL's damage at say... level 6. His base damage is about 70 (this is pretty crazy high as PL has twice the agi growth of other carries). So the wolves give him about 21 extra damage. It's not bad at all. But at this stage, would you say it's better than 15% movespeed or 15% attack speed or even a nice net to capture people? So you gotta take all that into account.

It's definitely not wrong by any means, you should do what you like at that point in time.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »

So, I've started loving the witch doctor.  Dat stun is probably one of the most annoying spells out there, and if you manage to get enough mana regen to keep healing aura up you basically guarantee that your team wins teamfights.  Unfortunately, I still suck at every character ever except for drow ranger but she requires noskill since you really only get 1 active ability and a unique attack modifier toggle
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 246