Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239745 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1935 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:02 pm »

Edit: I bring this up because I was talking to Ranter about how I once got flooded with friend requests after beating Drayskll (can't remember his name again) or something and he told me how Drayskll was an actual pro. So I was wondering if I would have to come up against the doom stack at some point. Couldn't decide if it would actually be unfair or not.

Draskyll is a caster actually, which used to be a semi-pro HoN player IIRC. He's pretty good, but not really pro level these days (but Merlini isn't that good either actually). On the stacking thing, it's kinda lame. Not really the stacking, playing with friend is pretty normal, but even in a doomstack he plays serious like his life depends on winning that pub game. Other popular streamers like Dendi or Singsing just play for fun and go for ridiculous builds and strats but Merlini is usually tryhard to the max. That part of his thing, he is an "educational" streamer compared to more entertaining ones, but it isn't to everyone's taste.

To get back to draskyll, he is rarely is a real doomstack, he usually plays with viewers, other casters/community figures and such. I really like him actually, he seems an all-around nice guy, it's a shame he doesn't stream these days.
....He streams everyday but he in Sweden Skyrim so his time is off you can just check his VoDs on Twitch.  http://www.twitch.tv/Draskyll
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 16, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »

He does? Hmm that's weird, I haven't seen him on the list in a while, and since his dotabuff profile indicated his last game as 1 month ago I assumed he wasn't streaming. Seems that he does only private games these days and that I wasn't paying that much attention.

Edit : He may also not have enabled stats sharing, didn't think about that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:19:26 pm by Alg »

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 16, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »

If you got matched against doomstack all the time it would be unfair. If it's occasionally though, isn't that a chance to get better... like sparring a tough opponent?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 16, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »

He does? Hmm that's weird, I haven't seen him on the list in a while, and since his dotabuff profile indicated his last game as 1 month ago I assumed he wasn't streaming. Seems that he does only private games these days and that I wasn't paying that much attention.

Edit : He may also not have enabled stats sharing, didn't think about that.
well he does not play on his real account a lot I R Baboon is his other one.
http://dotabuff.com/players/97545473
http://dotabuff.com/players/70478881
Oh it seems his setting are off
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:30:39 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 16, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

I just remembered I was in the beta for this. I might get back into it, I was pretty decent with the Batrider and Warlock. Any tips or guides to playing (in general that is, I plan to try pretty much every character)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 16, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »

There's a bunch of guides published using the official Steam Guide system.

Also, check out Youtube. I often watch DotaCinema, and they've got a guide section. Other Youtubers have their own guides. I prefer video guides, since it can be difficult to learn from a wall of text.

Or, you can dive in! You can learn the basic controls via "practice match with bots", then learn the fundamentals of gameplay in co-op matches versus bots before diving into proper matchmaking. This is also probably the most fun solution.  :D

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 16, 2013, 08:05:45 pm »

I use these as a general guide and they are great:

http://www.dota2alttab.com/

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 17, 2013, 01:27:33 am »

Today I learned you can build power treads out of any of the +6 stat items, not just belt of strength.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 17, 2013, 02:14:25 am »

Today I learned you can build power treads out of any of the +6 stat items, not just belt of strength.
Realy? Seems no one remembers the good ol days when the threads where not "swichable" and you got stuck with what you built.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:03 am »

Oh come on Umi, even I knew that. :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 17, 2013, 09:09:36 am »

'Course, the question is if anyone actually wants to...

... does anyone actually want to? Early HP seems better for, well, most dudes.

And uku, heh. I don't even remember DotA that had switchable ones, before DotA2. Stopped playing DotA before the change happened.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »

Ah, got into this again recently using this here guide and the knowledge that last hits are damn important. (I use these guides because I refuse to play all pick until I get somewhat experienced with the various heroes so that I won't get complacent and play one hero to the exclusion of others)

Holy shit am I doing better now.

All of my losses so far have been due to teams that... don't really know what they're doing. When I lose, I'm usually best in team or have one other person who did as well or better than me. It's kind of interesting. I'm still level 1, so all of the people I'm with are... well, you know :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »

I haven't started without random gold for so long that today when Cyx invited me into an in-house with other people and I picked Axe I actually had no idea what to buy on him.

This is some weird kind of "all random problems".

Ended up with double stout shield and a salve. Worked out pretty damn well, was full hp the whole time in the jungle and I only needed the salve to heal after three ganks. Not sure if that's because of luck or if that's how Axe normally is with two shields.

Putnam: Glad to hear you're having fun! If you haven't read it, this is a pretty good all-encompassing guide to most gameplay elements: http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:21 pm »

All random problems are still better than all pick problems.. :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:30 pm »

All random problems are still better than all pick problems.. :P
I don't know what those are haha. It's been so long. Are you talking about everyone instapicking Faceless Void or something?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 246