Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239710 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1845 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »

oops ignore this
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 07, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »

Yeah... from the description at the bottom, it's not trying to give you a good item build. It's trying to give you a challenging and/or unique item build, and daring you to actually win with the items provided. Which is probably not the best suggestion for inexperienced players.  :P

Why else would they say "The following items can be bought without restrictions"?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 07, 2013, 09:12:52 pm »

Yeah... from the description at the bottom, it's not trying to give you a good item build. It's trying to give you a challenging and/or unique item build, and daring you to actually win with the items provided. Which is probably not the best suggestion for inexperienced players.  :P

Why else would they say "The following items can be bought without restrictions"?
Well it bad to use the same build every game on a hero anyways unlike in say lol it a lot more open i mean look at this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOlGkipXyU  :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:15:55 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 07, 2013, 09:19:32 pm »

Learning to adapt to the situation is so important in Dota. As for the website, I'm going to stick with asking my cousins for builds.

The video...

I am speechless; oh wait nevermind, I'm usually speechless. Social interaction is hard.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 07, 2013, 09:28:19 pm »

http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota/c/1728482 I wish I was good at tinker  :'(

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 07, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

Learning to adapt to the situation is so important in Dota.

Absolutely. Getting a randomly-generated build off a challenge website, though, does not count as 'adapting to the situation'.  ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:58 pm »

Heh... While all this is very funny. I recommend the same thing Simmura recommended way earlier. The Dota 2 alt-tab guides.

There's also different pros who have funny default builds you could use:
- Merlini - Boots of Travel on EVERYONE. Usually first or second item too.
- Aui2000 - Rod of Atos on everyone.
- Singsing - Mask of Madness + Divine Rapier on everyone.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:05 am »

This was my "brilliant" noobish belief when I first started playing. I really really loved that MS and free improved tps.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 08, 2013, 01:30:48 am »

This was my "brilliant" noobish belief when I first started playing. I really really loved that MS and free improved tps.
My favorite boots are Boot of Travel there just so amazing that and Tranquil Boots.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 08, 2013, 02:59:16 am »

Zeus is currently bugged. His model is too small to be clicked on.

The new tournament courier is also an evolving one. It gets shinier the more games for the tournament you watch (whether it be live or replays).

Lastly, the banner Valve used for the Team Matchmaking announcement has some really shitty teams heh... Though to be fair Dire have a bit of an advantage... being 4v3.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 08, 2013, 11:46:56 am »

Second game:  Victory!  Although, everyone on the other side just dropped :( 

This time I picked Witch Doctor because it said support and I figured that means I can just follow someone else and let them do all the work.

Started with the healing power.  Damn thing drains mana fast!  I think I was buddied up with some skeleton-looking dude. 

Actually didn't manage to die!  Of course, the game was pretty short...

Still think it sucks you have to run all the way back to base to grab the shit you buy.  I had some sweet mana regen gear waiting for me.

Seems like the dude I was with kept running back to be a part of these NPC packs that kept running down the path.  I guess that makes sense.  I just stuck to his ass like white on rice.

Autoattacking bitches, getting levels, lamenting lack of mana.  All in a day's work.

This is fascinating. Please don't read anything about the game until like 10 games in. It's interesting to see how many of the weird, unintuitive things can be learned from just playing.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 08, 2013, 03:52:45 pm »

Been playing some bot games and I do believe I have fallen in love with Wisp. Fly across a screen to help someone out. Kick the crap out of people with the spirits. Heal people to full health from near 0 with Mekansm. Give casters mana with arcane boots. Push towers down with overcharge and block 20% of damage. And dat ult man. Last game I teleported people back to base nearly every time it was up. TP to base and back in 12 seconds with full HP and mana.

And a very nice Shadow Fiend gave me a commendation. How bout that.

EDIT: Seems I actually have a bunch of em. 2 for friendly, 1 for forgiving, 1 for teaching and 1 for leadership(??).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:09:29 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 08, 2013, 04:28:23 pm »

If we talk about standar builds for everyone, my favourite one is linken-necro 3-travels in everyone. Do it in the order you prefer and add a ghost scepter or dagon if needed. I can assure you that if the entire team manages to pull it off, the other team will cry like babies.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 08, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »

If we talk about standar builds for everyone, my favourite one is linken-necro 3-travels in everyone. Do it in the order you prefer and add a ghost scepter or dagon if needed. I can assure you that if the entire team manages to pull it off, the other team will cry like babies.
5 necro 3 is imba it banned from tournaments and HoN has a time limit like wards of buying them   

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 08, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »

Necro 3 is the best way to go from a "well, I used all my spells and am now useless" hero to a "OMG STOP HIM ARGHGHGHG GET OFF MY OMG FFS!!!" hero.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 246