Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239703 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1830 on: February 07, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

Yeah, none of you are being very civil.

Rez is right in that everyone should take a break from this argument before it gets worse.
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist poking him some more.  :-\

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 07, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

Oh right Silencer in CM now hmm first ban material maybe but why no Medusa. :'(
So what happened to Medusa anyways she supposed to farm then become a unkillable god that can 1v5 the whole team not farm up and hit like a kitten :'(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:46:01 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 07, 2013, 01:59:19 pm »

She has always been the same kind as Spectre, though they both do different things. It's weird and I won't claim to understand how this particular mechanic works... but these two guys are both innately tanky yet don't do that much damage for most of the game. In fact, even after 3 major items it's possible they will still do almost nothing other than being able to survive for a long time.

For example, a Linken's + Manta + Butterfly on most people would make them supercarries already. But not on Medusa. It makes her average. Her damage will still be kinda meh-ish. I have NO CLUE why this is, it just is. Maybe it has something to do with crits not working with her passive, or that 20% damage reduction (though technically it increases her damage to five targets) is a lot more severe than it sounds... I dunno. When you play her, that's what you get. But once you get the Medusa or Spectre with 5 items suddenly you will win the game.

So given the farming abilities of the average player, you probably won't see anyone do well with her except by chance.

She is almost impossible to kill though, so there's that. And unlike Spectre she can lane well and escape from ganks easily. I just wouldn't expect her to replace Void or Drow as carry of choice for pubs.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

The only problem with medusa and spekky is that, unlike the other fat unkillable carry, alch, basher is a bad idea for them. And thus they have no way to make people stay put while they are slowly flaying their skin. Yeah, spec gets diffusal, but it's not enough if the entire enemy team is up to stun your ass out every time you purge people.

Nothing that a rapier on medusa can't solve though. Burst damage in a nutshell.

By the way: Heard someone calling alch Alchemeister. I think I'm going to do that too.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was in a Zeus guide.

Welp.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 07, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This was in a Zeus guide.

Welp.
Oh... heh... Definitely never use that build when I play Zeus. Never...

On a completely unrelated side note that has nothing to do with what I just quoted, I wish there was a place to get reliably good skill/item builds for heroes that you've never played. I like watching Purge, and that usually gives me an idea of what to build, but when I pick a hero in-game, I can hardly tab out and look up the appropriate video to watch it to see his build.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:58 pm »

What I really want is a one-paragraph description of a hero's playstyle in the game. As in, a text-box shown in the selection screen that gives basic info about each hero. I scroll to Enigma, the game has a few lines about "capable early jungler with Conversion", "excellent team-fight control", etc.

This would also work nicely with the game's suggested item builds. If, for some reason, you wanted to lane Enigma, Soul Ring would be a pretty bad item - using it makes you a free kill for any nukers you're facing off against. A new player who picks Enigma needs to know that a) he wants Demonic Conversion first, b) his suggested Soul Ring is awesome for jungling but less useful for laning, and c) he should be moving to the jungle ASAP, not supporting a lane hero.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:05 pm »

I use this and it's fairly good. I haven't noticed anything straight up retarded in it, and it includes some tips for each hero.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 07, 2013, 06:18:49 pm »

This will give the best build for any hero.
Just click the Balanced tab at the top to pick the hero you want
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:24:30 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 07, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »

Just click the Balanced tab at the top to pick there hero you want
You sir, are evil. That's a random item generator for each hero. I know this much at least >_>

Seriously, it told me to go AM with Boots of Travel, 1st item Shadow Blade, then Blink Dagger, Medallion, MKB, and finally Vlad's.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »

I tried it... It gave me Refresher Orb for Juggernaut. Refresher Orb on a Juggernaut.

You sir, are evil. That's a random item generator for each hero.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 07, 2013, 07:41:33 pm »

I tried it... It gave me Refresher Orb for Juggernaut. Refresher Orb on a Juggernaut.

OMNISLASH ALL THE THINGS!

Too bad you'll never have the mana to do that. Ever. :(

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:48 pm »

OMNISLASH ALL THE THINGS!

Too bad you'll never have the mana to do that. Ever. :(
Let's be honest, you manage to pull one of those off with agha and the enemy team is dead without exception. Maybe adding a tide ult there, but still...

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »

Aghanim and Refresher orb on a Juggernaut...

Do you know how easily countered his ultimate is? If you do manage to pull it off, you'll be able to kill 2 maybe 3 heroes at the max, and that's assuming they buy no items. The gold spent on agha is better spent on battle-fury.

Then again I'm not counting your team. It is plausible but is seriously not recommended.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:44:04 pm by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 07, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »

Don't be silly it not completely random it won't give you a orb effect on say OD and if you use the balance tab it will be even less random.  :D

You are to choose following hero and items for your next game. You can buy the items in any order and you don't need to finish item before starting to build next one. Once your item build is 100% finished you may replace items in your inventory as you like. Following items can be bought without restrictions: Couriers, Scrolls, Salve, Clarity Potion, Bottle, Tangoes, Dust, Smoke, Observer Wards, Sentry Wards, Magic Stick/Magic Wand, Gem of True Sight, Blink Dagger and one Ghost Scepter. All other non-recipe items that costs less than 400g.

http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota/c/1792799 oh here a nice warding guide brought to you by Merlini.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:47:04 pm by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 246