Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239667 times)

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1755 on: January 28, 2013, 09:41:54 pm »

I have 4 copies of Dota if anyone has somehow managed to last this long without getting one!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 29, 2013, 11:37:45 am »

Yup, Bloodseeker is about all those early kills. If the enmy has no map awareness (And your allies enough to help in you ganks), you can ball out of control. And if the enmy has a jungler with a tendency to go unde rhalf of his life, you'll be his worst nightmare. He is indeed the best pub counter to magina.

But I prefer to go to basher instead of radiance. If after smashing their head during 4 seconds of tp they don't get stunned, it is really bad luck. And radiance 40 dps aura doesn't apply to that awesome Q that let's you ball out of control (With daedalus, a single crit from you rivals with one from PA)

But as I said, hereally needs those early kills. Or farming 6 big items befor the game is over (Improbable)

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:54 pm »

Anyone have a spare DOTA key they could pm me?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 29, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »

Bwahahaha! Oh my god! I just had my greatest Dota 2 comeback so far.

We lose our mid rax at 20 minutes in to a super fed enemy team. Earthshaker and Lifestealer fed the enemy Drow 10 kills out of a huge amount I can't bother to remember while we have a total of 5 on our entire team, so things are quite boned. We just defend, and wait for the inevitable GG push. The enemy get Rosh. Right. Now we're even more boned. Earthshaker is leaving his fissure at level 1 and maxing enchant totem first. Lifestealer still only has his Midas. At least our Shadow Fiend is doing pretty well. I'm a support who never stops buying wards, barely any items though I do have drums and arcanes. Lina is in the same boat as me, except a little more money and way more levels. I'm only level 8 while the lowest on their team is 10.

So yeah. I thought we were completely screwed. After all, Drow could just appear with her team, invis from shadow blade, and slaughter everyone.

So here comes the GG push. They charge in. Somehow they all die. I get a buttload of kills from my netherward. Okay...

They come again. We slaughter them once more. And I mean complete slaughter. 5 kills to none. Still, we can't really do anything because the mid rax is gone and we lost one throne tower. So we still have to turtle.

At this point I'm thinking of what item to buy. I need HP... but I don't have enough room to get invis detection and vision wards... hrmm....

N.E.C.R.O.N.O.M.I.C.O.N.

Of course, building a necrobook on a hard support takes forever. So we turtle... and turtle... and turtle.. Somehow we just keep winning the fights. And I finally complete it. 1 hour later...

At this point the game is basically at the stage where if Drow can even get 5 seconds of autoattacking our base by backdooring, we lose. So we can barely leave the base while she's alive. Our entire side of the map is completely covered with wards just to make sure we know where she is. But she knows this, so our dear Drow is buying vision wards of her own just to counterward us.

This is about 1 hour 15 minutes in. The enemy team is pushing mid really hard but Drow isn't there. It's clearly a trap. Our SF shadow blades in and stands near them waiting for us to get near. At this point the enemy gave up buying gem as we kept killing them somehow. The rest of us were actually behind them, as we were hanging around the Rosh pit for a bit. I can't run fast enough, so I send the Necro creeps in. When they walk up behind the enemy team, BOOM! They see Drow standing way back by herself. Instantly everyone blinks in and vaporizes her. She has no buyback. We slaughter her team. We push from the very first mid tower into the throne and win the game.

WOOP!!!!

Tl;dr: We lose our mid rax at 20 minutes against a super fed enemy and we turtle for another hour before we lucked out and won.

Bilbo991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Light Forger, PM me and we can set something up

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 30, 2013, 05:32:53 pm »

No hero but some nice bug fixes
NOTE: This update has reorganized the file layout of Dota 2 to speed up loading and for future localization support. This will result in a large update and may take a while to download.

GAMEPLAY
- Fixed how magic damage is amplified when there are multiple sources of bonuses.
- Death Prophet: Fixed Exorcism healing never resetting.
- Enigma: Tightened selection area of Eidolons to make picking individual units easier when they clump
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Call Down not slowing magic immune units.
- Spectre: Spectral Dagger now properly trails invisible units.
- Spectre: Fixed various properties of Haunt illusions being incorrect.
- Tiny: Fixed Craggy Exterior working on illusions of Tiny.
- Visage: Fixed Roshan decreasing Gravekeeper's Cloak charges.
- Visage: Fixed Gravekeeper's Cloak not restoring its layers independently of one another.
- Warlock: Fixed Flaming Fist damage not leveling properly, damaging magic immune units, and having incorrect chance to proc.
- Fixed a bug with Radiance kill credit and illusions.
- Fixed Roshan no longer casting Slam to slow and damage nearby units.

UI
- The Smooth Drag option now works for anyone that's spectating (whether through DotaTV or as a broadcaster).
- Reduced waiting time in hero picker during All Random to 10 seconds.
- Reworked how your personal hero performance is done on your profile page (provide feedback here http://dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=431).
- Added preview for summoned items like the panda and watcher golem to store and backpack.
- Added the ability to filter out empty teams from the team list.

BOTS
- Fixed some incorrect timing calculations that were causing bots to miss some last hits.
- Fixed Practice vs Bots not properly selecting the nearest server.
- Fixed Death Prophet bot to know about the true range of Crypt Swarm.
- Fixed bots thrashing selling a situational item (dust, wards, TP scroll) to purchase another situational item.

WEBAPI
- Added Captain's Mode Picks and Bans.
- Added ability upgrade order and times to each player.
- Added inventory for additional units (Lone Druid's Spirit Bear).
- Added an API for getting match details in the order they were recorded.
Also Cyborgmatt.com
‎"npc_dota_hero_abaddon""Abaddon"

and http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Dota%202 you can sell invites now kinda
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:45:38 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 31, 2013, 05:41:31 pm »

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/01/dota-2-30th-january/ new Icefrog Cyborgmatt post is up
New UI for the upcoming Teammode
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The “Wildkin” camp units have been renamed to “Wildwings”.
*cough*

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:44:11 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 31, 2013, 05:51:12 pm »

Bwahahaha! Oh my god! I just had my greatest Dota 2 comeback so far.

We lose our mid rax at 20 minutes in to a super fed enemy team. Earthshaker and Lifestealer fed the enemy Drow 10 kills out of a huge amount I can't bother to remember while we have a total of 5 on our entire team, so things are quite boned. We just defend, and wait for the inevitable GG push. The enemy get Rosh. Right. Now we're even more boned. Earthshaker is leaving his fissure at level 1 and maxing enchant totem first. Lifestealer still only has his Midas. At least our Shadow Fiend is doing pretty well. I'm a support who never stops buying wards, barely any items though I do have drums and arcanes. Lina is in the same boat as me, except a little more money and way more levels. I'm only level 8 while the lowest on their team is 10.

So yeah. I thought we were completely screwed. After all, Drow could just appear with her team, invis from shadow blade, and slaughter everyone.

So here comes the GG push. They charge in. Somehow they all die. I get a buttload of kills from my netherward. Okay...

They come again. We slaughter them once more. And I mean complete slaughter. 5 kills to none. Still, we can't really do anything because the mid rax is gone and we lost one throne tower. So we still have to turtle.

At this point I'm thinking of what item to buy. I need HP... but I don't have enough room to get invis detection and vision wards... hrmm....

N.E.C.R.O.N.O.M.I.C.O.N.

Of course, building a necrobook on a hard support takes forever. So we turtle... and turtle... and turtle.. Somehow we just keep winning the fights. And I finally complete it. 1 hour later...

At this point the game is basically at the stage where if Drow can even get 5 seconds of autoattacking our base by backdooring, we lose. So we can barely leave the base while she's alive. Our entire side of the map is completely covered with wards just to make sure we know where she is. But she knows this, so our dear Drow is buying vision wards of her own just to counterward us.

This is about 1 hour 15 minutes in. The enemy team is pushing mid really hard but Drow isn't there. It's clearly a trap. Our SF shadow blades in and stands near them waiting for us to get near. At this point the enemy gave up buying gem as we kept killing them somehow. The rest of us were actually behind them, as we were hanging around the Rosh pit for a bit. I can't run fast enough, so I send the Necro creeps in. When they walk up behind the enemy team, BOOM! They see Drow standing way back by herself. Instantly everyone blinks in and vaporizes her. She has no buyback. We slaughter her team. We push from the very first mid tower into the throne and win the game.

WOOP!!!!

Tl;dr: We lose our mid rax at 20 minutes against a super fed enemy and we turtle for another hour before we lucked out and won.

That's really amazing and I'm glad you won! :D When the story began I thought you were going to curse at everyone for feeding and the quick loss. :P

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 31, 2013, 06:03:40 pm »

Damn, they're really starting to push out those new heroes. Troll Warlord, Medusa and now almost Abaddon in what, like a month? I swear, for like 2 months there they didn't release any new heroes.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:04 am »

Think that they got out diretide and greeviling, which was quite a bit of work. And Christmas went through too.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:27 am »

Just had a pretty good support Venge match. All random, they had Treant, AM, Ursa, Sniper and SB, we had Venge, Troll, Warlock, Zeus and Invoker. Early lane, me and Invoker kinda shat on AM and Treant, even getting a pair of kills, although SB got fed early game. Took a while, but we eventually managed to get through to a win. Pretty fun, even if SB was damn annoying. Both he and AM kept trying to split push our racks, but never managed it, while Ursa farmed really poorly. Like, 15 minutes and no Vlads poorly. I think we won mostly by their team being slightly incompetent.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 01, 2013, 11:27:17 am »

Did the guy repick / repick into Treant?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 01, 2013, 11:33:24 am »

Nah, no-one repicked. The Treant wasn't bad, really. Saved teammate's lives with the regen and used his ult pretty well. Grabbed a yasha though, which was a bit weird.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:26 am »

If you're just now starting Dota 2, pick "I am an extremely experienced player, and i've played dota1 8 hours a day, every day, for the last two years". Really do. You will save yourself a lot of frustration with the trollops in the lower brackets.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 01, 2013, 11:51:36 am »

If you're even vaguely competent, you'll quickly move past them.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 246