Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239458 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1425 on: December 07, 2012, 06:45:14 am »

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7993 Pseudo Random Distribution explanation
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 07, 2012, 07:09:56 am »

It's not the first time I hear of people playing better when drunk. The explanation I got was that since you know you are not in your best conditions, you try harder than usual.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 07, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

My explanation its that you are more relaxed, and while you play slower you tend to make less mistakes.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 07, 2012, 10:18:18 am »

My explanation is that you THINK you are playing better, just like you think you are awesome at dancing/flirting/thinking when intoxicated even though you really, really aren't.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 07, 2012, 10:42:15 am »

I think if you suck at dota you realize even if you are drunk, its like thinking you are great at flirting while getting slaped on the face over and over :P

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 07, 2012, 11:07:55 am »

I think there's much less hesitation and more instinctual play, which is good if you know the mechanics of the game well. :)

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 07, 2012, 05:46:13 pm »

Its like driving, you always try harder to look like your not drunk and know how to do it then when your sober.

I found a party and played naga for a few rounds, I seem to suck horribly when I'm not agilitynaga only naga, we never had wards so I guess it could have gone better... I suck at support, I dont even know what to do there.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 07, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »

How to play support well in pubs:

Spam the chat with barely useful information. Spam wards, make them look well-placed, but it doesn't matter if they actually are. Build support items. Use them in battle, doesn't matter if you time them well or not. Just make sure that it's on cooldown so no one can bother you about it.

Those three tips will work wonders for tricking pubs into thinking you're actually influencing the game.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 07, 2012, 05:56:14 pm »

Stop it Rex, you're making me feel depressed. :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Remember never play Dota high and vs someone 1v1 I guess I went a little to hard

Pudge vs Bane and ES vs Bat I was bane and bat

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:54 pm »

Remember never play Dota high and vs someone 1v1 I guess I went a little to hard

Hey, bane can 1VS 1 anyone. Just a few W to soften him up and once he is under 700 hp, w and ult. It does a lot of damage.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 07, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »

Hey, bane can 1VS 1 anyone. Just a few W to soften him up and once he is under 700 hp, w and ult. It does a lot of damage.
I just q him to make him cry and bane one of my fav hero as long as I'm not in a lane with someone

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 07, 2012, 07:29:44 pm »

Bear in mind if Pudge has Flesh Heap he may need an additional brain sap.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 07, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »

Bear in mind if Pudge has Flesh Heap he may need an additional brain sap.
Well I was 9-0 when he called gg

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 07, 2012, 08:57:47 pm »

Oh, you were the one doing the pwning? :P

Very well done in that case then. Pudge is hard for anyone to solo kill really, bar mayhaps Lifestealers / farmed PL.

Did you get Ult stick? It makes Demons Grip insane. :)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 246