Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239411 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1335 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:35 am »

It's something you get used to in time, really.

Also PANTALOONS OF THE FREELANCER LOL

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 26, 2012, 11:05:25 am »

She calls herself Traxex. Like, when you spawn her. Just like Yurnero. :P What about Mirana? The game calls her Princess of the Moon (though I still consider her Priestess of the Moon). Oooh, how about Slithice? And Sagan. Carl! we can't forget Carl!

Besides, it's way easier for people like me who've played a lot of Warcraft 3 to call certain heroes by what they were. I mean, it's how I've known them for more than a decade. Furion is always going to be Furion. Not Teqouia (ew). You literally spend dozens of hours in Warcraft 3's amazing campaign playing Furion. Gondar is also easier to type out than Bounty Hunter. Things like that. And I still get confused when someone says Shadow Shaman. I mean... he's Rhasta!

I admit the items can be confusing when we call them Jango or Lothars though. Again, just force of habit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 26, 2012, 11:14:40 am »

Or Stygian.  Plus there's like four different shadow dudes and they come in indistinguishable pairs.  Fiend and demon, priest and shaman?
Shoes...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 26, 2012, 11:18:41 am »

LOL team comp - All the shadows and KOTL (there cannot be shadows without light!)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 26, 2012, 11:24:38 am »

It took me a while but I mostly use Dota 2 names now, although I still let a "Lothar's" or "Furion" slip through from time to time (and I will never, ever, call Prophet Teqoia or Beastmaster Karroch)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:26:18 am by Alg »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51:08 pm »

Also i hate sheepstick, worst name ever, i will never call it sheepstick.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

Also i hate sheepstick, worst name ever, i will never call it sheepstick.
So what do you call it? Pigstick?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 26, 2012, 01:56:04 pm »

I call it scythe, vyse, or guinsoo.
Shoes...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 26, 2012, 01:59:24 pm »

I call it sheepstick because it fits in with ultstick and critstick.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 26, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »

One of the old legends of Dota, ZSMJ, is currently practicing and getting ready for competitive play. Right now he's playing Luna nonstop.

Check out his winrate after 400 games: https://dotabuff.com/players/113705693

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 28, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »

Here the update not sure why the did not fix slarks bugs but w/e no hero again  :'(
VISUALS
- Updated Broodmother's model http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dota2_BroodSplash.jpg
- Added sound and FX for hand of Midas http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dota2_Midas.jpg

UI
- Clicking on a hero row in the Heroes Played tab on the profile now shows a match history filtered by that hero.
- Greevil Egg contents are now displayed correctly in the Steam trading UI.

GAMEPLAY
- Pseudo Random chances are now enabled for these abilities: Coup de Grace, Slardar's Bash, Time Lock, Drunken Brawler's Crit, Headshot, Blade Dance, Chaos Knight's Crit, Lycan's Crit and Skeleton King's Crit.

BOTS
- Lich Bot will no longer Dark Ritual an ally's dominated creep (heh).
- Fixed bug that was causing bots to never try to avoid linear projectiles.
- Bots will now try to avoid Illuminate (both during the channel and when the projectile is released).
- Bots will now buy invisibility-detection items for an enemy Weaver.
- Bots who are the targets of Life Drain and Mana Drain will now try to break the channel by outranging it.
- Lich bot will no longer stop to cast Frost Armor when frantically attacking or retreating.
- Bots will no longer pick up a droppable item if it would require them to drop an item.
- For new players, the default coop bot difficulty level is now Easy.
- Bots will now drop muted items that they've picked up in the fountain.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:31:30 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

Christmas map coming soon~ Hopefully we get buttloads of items again too.

Was playing single draft and got Dirge. I was always aware of how strong Dirge is at level 1. I mean, I used him like 15 - 20 times in Diretide for how ludicrious how strength steal is.

But oh man. This game. THIS game. Made me fully aware of how obscene Dirge at level 1 is. https://dotabuff.com/matches/70804992

For those two lazy to watch the replay, basically what happened was this:

Enemy Sven and Ursa come into lane (it's pubs, what do you expect xD). My lane is Dirge and Rhasta. It's obviously a cakewalk, as both our heroes are incredible at dealing with melee heroes. So I manage to get two decays off and for some reason Ursa starts autoattacking Rhasta. So we back up a bit. Sven comes charging in and uses his pathetic level 1 stun on me doing no damage.

Now, for context, Sven appears to be at full health. His hp bar is full. But he doesn't realize he literally only has 200hp. Whereas because I got two decays off on both of them, each of my autoattacks at level 1 is 79. SEVENTY NINE!!! I'm sure you can imagine what happened to poor Sven. I couldn't stop laughing.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 01, 2012, 12:15:56 am »

LOL!

Did Sven abandon?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:38 am »

Haha nah. He stayed on. Their team was completely boned though. The score was something stupid like 3 to 27 before 20 minutes.

The only time I saw someone ragequit at first blood on Dota 2 was in Diretide. Our team was an entire team of incredible level 1 fighters. I think it was Jakiro, Dirge, Lion, Dark Seer, and Templar Assassin. It wasn't an organized team, just a bunch of randoms. We just casually walked into the enemy's side of the river as 5 without any prior coordination. Everyone had the same idea I guess. It was pretty obvious our level 1 teamfight was insane. Just as we walked through, we stumbled across the enemy Ogre Magi putting a ward. He died instantly. Then right after respawning he kept running straight into our towers and suiciding, while bringing the courier along as often as he could.

After about 5 minutes he ragequitted. It reminded me of LoL.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 01, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »

You're lucky, then. What usually happens when I play games with a friend is

a) Friend goes mid and gets to level 6 or w/e
b) Co-ordinated gank on my lane where we're all around lvl 4ish
c) Enemy/ies die
d) Same enemy/ies get angry enough to try and kill me repeatedly... and end up feeding various heroes on my side
e) 5 - 10 mins in ABANDON, with optional TEAM IS SHIT or TA OP

My friend finds this amusing, but it's annoying as I'm sure I'd have something like a 70% winrate if it didn't happen. :(
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 246