Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239408 times)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1320 on: November 24, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »

So...he has a +50% (!) Amplify Damage (both magic and physical), a Purge that goes through BKB, a spell that creates two illusions of a target (so which scales with it) and cas be used either to disable an enemy or to save a teammate, and his shadow poison which can be used for a lot of things including checking Rosh safely. You look at that and you conclude "Most useless hero late game"? Really?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 24, 2012, 06:32:04 pm »

SD's illusions are annoying as hell if you trap Anti-Fun or someone with diffusual blade, because they keep the mana burn.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 24, 2012, 07:10:17 pm »

So...he has a +50% (!) Amplify Damage (both magic and physical), a Purge that goes through BKB, a spell that creates two illusions of a target (so which scales with it) and cas be used either to disable an enemy or to save a teammate, and his shadow poison which can be used for a lot of things including checking Rosh safely. You look at that and you conclude "Most useless hero late game"? Really?
Pretty sure th'last bit was actually tongue-in-check :P

Going by the question marks, fellow was probably running into a lot of folks of questionable english fluency who were dissing hard on SD.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »

Rooftrellen is the only hero I think is even remotely useless or Venomancer it pretty hard to pick one tbh all the hero are good, None are really useless late game
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 24, 2012, 07:34:23 pm »

Rooftrellen is the only hero I think is even remotely useless or Venomancer it pretty hard to pick one tbh all the hero are good, None are really useless late game
Veno? Useless? Wow, you must've seen some bad Venos. And Treant's pretty damn handy, for the tower healing and the ult if nothing else.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 24, 2012, 07:34:23 pm »

Ahh, Level 25 Veno. Veno imo does most of his job before the 15 minute mark. Then he wards places and tries not to die.

The contribution he can have if the team is good in those first 15 minutes are substantial, however.

(I know nothing and expect someone to correct me here.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 24, 2012, 07:39:19 pm »

How to properly play Veno:

1. Grab venomous gale at level 1.
2. Go into duo lane.
3. Hit your gale.
4. Right click,
5. First blood.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 24, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »

Gale's a nasty slow at all levels, and his ult + ultstick is nasty if you get it in before the BKBs get popped. Plus he can push and counter push with the wards. The DoT is also good for dealing with a TA (frigging refraction).

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 24, 2012, 08:00:09 pm »

well late game and I said that all hero are not useless there the only ones that I can think that are close.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 25, 2012, 10:22:57 am »

I dreamed about a new Dota 2 hero.  A ghoul, or vampire maybe.  He stood upright and was all thin and gangly, had on the tattered suit he wore to his own funeral, and had blood all over the lower half of his face

Let me try to remember:

Q:  Spawn a semi-permanent clone of yourself.  Not an illusion, a fully functioning second hero.  Not a passive skill, sort of a mix between LD and Meepo
W: A speed boost.  Activated automatically upon coming back to life for any reason, without affecting cooldowns
E:  A significant heal on killing an enemy hero.  Also activated the speed boost at its current level, but there was nothing for if a hero dies nearby, and nothing for creeps.  May have also given other bonuses.  This may have actually been an active, I'm not sure.  It might've been a channeled stun like Pudge's ultimate with the bonuses if they died
R:  Turns you invisible and spawns another clone in your place, a la Phantom Lancer.  May have given other bonuses, there was a big cloud of bats and stuff when I used it.

Then the game became some kind of modern game about vampire hunters, first person and fully immersive VR (AKA I was the vampire).  I chased one of them (A sniper, but not dota sniper) down and killed him, then popped my W and R (That was still part of the game for some reason) and charged the leader, and that's when I woke up.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:25:46 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 25, 2012, 09:10:32 pm »

Err, I was told I might be able to snag a free Dota 2 key here?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 25, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »

I have four spare? :)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 25, 2012, 09:30:45 pm »

Awesome. Do you need anything?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 25, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

SOULS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME Nah dude I'm cool :) I suppose I'll require your steam ID? I'll send it over tomorrow afternoon (it's bedtime for me in about 20 mins.)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 26, 2012, 07:29:46 am »

The better question is why in the world do people use the first names of the heroes mixed with the real hero names. It's confusing and the first names have to be dug out of the lore for those who don't know them.
It's... pretty obvious that people have defaulted to referring to the various heroes by whichever part of their name/title combination is easier to remember, shorter, or easier to turn into an acronym. I'm not going to call th'Earthshaker "Raigor Stonehoof", y'know? Too long, too meaningless; earthshaker's faster, more mundane, and (most importantly) more representative of what the guy does. Frankly th'guy's name sounds kinda' like some throwaway NPC mook.

I'm also not going to call Sven "Rogue Knight", or Huskar "Sacred Warrior". Their names are much shorter and their titles don't really say shit about what they do -- they're incredibly generic class names that don't really give a feel for the hero itself (so you can just as well refer to their names, y'ken?). Etc., so forth, so on. The varying sorts of reasoning applies to, well, all of them. There's not a consistent referral pattern because th'folks making DotA didn't do a very good job of having the stuff they call the heroes lend itself well to such.

Sven, Huskar and Jakiro are also what the game calls them, not what is in their lore. I have no problem with those ones, I have trouble with people calling heroes something that isn't easily decipherable to everyone. Like Traxix or whatever. For Zeus's sake, that's harder and longer to type than drow.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:33:30 am by LASD »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 246