Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239404 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1305 on: November 23, 2012, 09:34:56 pm »

1) Who is bradwarden (why do they have to change the names from wc3)
2) I dont think drow will see a lot of competitive play.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 23, 2012, 09:42:44 pm »

Ugh.

Losing games just because 1 guy is intent on making the team lose sucks. Spent 61 minutes trying to 4v5, eventually they just overran us at max items + aegis.
Yes riki, thanks for pointing out that i didn't come to def mid that one time. Maybe you noticed i pushed 2 towers bot in the meantime while they only killed 3 of you, didn't push, and we team wiped them right after with just me and the other guy alive.
That's a little different than trolling around in jungle and lanes for 20 minutes, not coming to any fights, watching us suffer while standing right next to it in stealth and not at least splitpushing in the meantime.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 23, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »

GODDAMMIT WE HAVE ENOUGH CARRY ALREADY! Am I the only person who likes something other than carry? I do lane support, defense, and jungle.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 23, 2012, 10:02:37 pm »

1) Who is bradwarden (why do they have to change the names from wc3)
2) I dont think drow will see a lot of competitive play.
1)Centaur Warrunner/Warchief
2) Her pushing power is insane but yeah she still has her normal problem of being a easy frag same for sniper
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 23, 2012, 11:27:56 pm »

If I were to comment on who I thought was the most powerful hero in Dota right now it wouldn't be Centaur or Drow or any of those guys. Even though Drow is pretty up there no doubt and I'm still pretty sure Drow + Visage is broken as hell.

The guy I think is the scariest is Phantom Lancer. Since the buff I've literally seen him 8v5 the enemy team. Without him actually being there. And winning. Like, the real Phantom Lancer would be off farming bot lane while his 8 illusions kill the whole enemy team.

Course, he has to get there first, but that's damn scary.

He couldn't do that before because his agi used to be terrible (or at least it took a really long time). But they buffed it so he basically gets double the agility of every other agi carry in the game. For example, Faceless void gets 2.65 per level I think. PL gets +4.2. Then you get his illusions, each doing 25% damage (but full attack speed and armour) and diffusal and radiance and well... you get a donkey balls army of carries. That reproduce themselves easily with the huge agi gain giving massive attack speed.

It's crazy man.

I've also never seen an illusion. ONE ILLUSION. Singlehandedly farm an ancient stack before. Until I saw a Phantom Lancer illusion do it, as well as farm every single other jungle camp at the same time.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 23, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »

yeah I saw Merlini get like a 12 min radiance then just farm everything at the same time and had 40 min carry items at 20 mins and just killed everyone

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:13 am »

(why do they have to change the names from wc3)
Usually copyright reasons and for the names to have any relevance to what the hero actually does. The better question is why in the world do people use the first names of the heroes mixed with the real hero names. It's confusing and the first names have to be dug out of the lore for those who don't know them. It's incredible lazy not to check the real name from all the million sources you can see it from. No one calls Demoman Tavish in TF2.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:01:55 am by LASD »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 24, 2012, 04:44:49 am »

GODDAMMIT WE HAVE ENOUGH CARRY ALREADY! Am I the only person who likes something other than carry? I do lane support, defense, and jungle.

CARRY IS COOL GEEN IT IS STRONG AND IS WHAT KILL BAD GUYS

Also on the PL - He takes a while to get up - about as long as an AM IIRC - but then he's the hardest carry in the game. Insano illusions!

The 8v5 thing haha yeah I've seen that before. There was going to be a teamfight and all of PL's copies came in and his team were like "do we even need to be here?" XD

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 24, 2012, 10:27:09 am »

(why do they have to change the names from wc3)
Usually copyright reasons and for the names to have any relevance to what the hero actually does. The better question is why in the world do people use the first names of the heroes mixed with the real hero names. It's confusing and the first names have to be dug out of the lore for those who don't know them. It's incredible lazy not to check the real name from all the million sources you can see it from. No one calls Demoman Tavish in TF2.

In the original the names were right there on the hero.  It is a little strange and kind of annoying when you get the occasional person who calls them all by their class name, but I'm guessing they're just going by what most people call them.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 24, 2012, 11:04:02 am »

Damn that took some time but here all the heroes classes and names.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 24, 2012, 11:33:57 am »

The better question is why in the world do people use the first names of the heroes mixed with the real hero names. It's confusing and the first names have to be dug out of the lore for those who don't know them.
It's... pretty obvious that people have defaulted to referring to the various heroes by whichever part of their name/title combination is easier to remember, shorter, or easier to turn into an acronym. I'm not going to call th'Earthshaker "Raigor Stonehoof", y'know? Too long, too meaningless; earthshaker's faster, more mundane, and (most importantly) more representative of what the guy does. Frankly th'guy's name sounds kinda' like some throwaway NPC mook.

I'm also not going to call Sven "Rogue Knight", or Huskar "Sacred Warrior". Their names are much shorter and their titles don't really say shit about what they do -- they're incredibly generic class names that don't really give a feel for the hero itself (so you can just as well refer to their names, y'ken?). Etc., so forth, so on. The varying sorts of reasoning applies to, well, all of them. There's not a consistent referral pattern because th'folks making DotA didn't do a very good job of having the stuff they call the heroes lend itself well to such.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:38:30 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 24, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

Setting up an in-house in about 1 hour!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 24, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »

I've met for the first time a nature's profit in my team. That guy just made me go nuts.

Last time I randomed np, I just ganked and pushed all day long, and had my team not been picked apart by the other guys (Or at least resisted the final push long enough for me to backdoor them), we'd have won. I didn't even got a midas (I kinda dislike that item. 2000 gold can easily win you a teamfight, which is worth way more than what midas brings).

And now I get a guy who refuses to rush sheepstick and orchid for cc and when I ping him to come from the jungle to finish off a guy running he decides to come by feet. With tp on lvl 2.

Seriously, it is not only the fact that he's not doing anything for the sake of the team, it is the fact that he even believes that doing so will make him win the game. He's not a fucking anti-fun, what the hell does he think he's doing?

[/rage]

Also, Shadow demon has gotten to the top of my list of "Most useless hero late game". he only has a slow that goes through bkb and an amplify magic by 50% (Which pugna does better). żDo you guys think there is any guy worse?

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 24, 2012, 06:28:29 pm »

I dont like sd too much, but his disable its ok and its not a +50% magic damage as puga or whatever, its a +50% ALL damage, wich its not bad at all.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:40 pm »

The lil'clone things 'is Q generates are kinda' amusing, too~

I mean, it's not like getting the enemy's carry (or your own, I guess.) worth of damage (plus a bit!) for a good eight seconds is a worthwhile thing, right? "Late game scaling? What scaling? I scale with you. Ohohoho."

I do wonder about the pugna thing, though. Innit shadow's amplify universal, not just magic? Annoying bit's getting it to land on anything useful, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 246