Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239370 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1215 on: November 15, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »

Update out for normal Dota
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 15, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »

Greevils are hatchable!  Mine's purple!
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 15, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »

I know some of you are anxious to try out Slark. However, you might be wondering how to even play him.

Here's one method that you might want to try.

Skills.
Q: His bread and butter. Get this second, max this first. It's most effective in the mid game when Slark is at his peak since at that point the damage isn't ignorable. Get in the habit of activating it before you get smacked by CC.

W: Get this first, max this second. This actually requires aim as the delay is quite horrific and the diameter isn't very big. Don't miss, or your ganks will fail. Does quite a lot of damage, and is part of what makes Slark so powerful in the early mid game.

E: You might be tempted to get this first. But remember that this doesn't actually do all that much in the beginning when all the big damage dealers are nukes. Your pathetic autoattacks wouldn't contribute much at this point. Slark ain't no Drow Ranger. This is a late game skill, and should be gotten last. A single point never hurts though since 15 seconds is more than enough for a teamfight.

R: Get this every time. Don't use the invisibility to initiate ganks unlike other invis heroes. Use it after the gank or sometime in between depending on what you need. Slark is not actually an invis dependant hero. He just has a convenient 5 second invisibility that's easily countered. Think of it like Phantom Lancer. The real star of this skill is the absurd regen and movespeed. So you want it for that. P.S: You heal during the invisibility even while right next to an enemy, so use that for juking.

Items:
Get Diffusal Blade ASAP. He desperately needs the mana and the purge. The mana burn is nice too. You can consider grabbing an orb of venom while building this since it only costs 250g. If you like getting boots, you can get a treads too but that will delay your best item.

After that you have some choices. The Diffusal Blade basically has all your damage covered. My recommendation is to go full tank since Slark is like Necrolyte in that he gets scarier the longer the fight goes on. You don't really need agility items since you'll be stealing all of it anyway, better to just survive the initial rounds of burst, steal shittonnes of stats, and kill all remaining heroes. So get items like Heart, BKB, etc.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 16, 2012, 07:06:40 pm »

Doublepost!

We scheduled some in houses this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Check the group page for more information.

They normally last quite a while (~4 hours ish) and we like to wait a bit for people to come, so if you want to have some fun just hop into the games!

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:38 pm »

Im realy looking forward to it, hope we can get 10 :D

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 16, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »

maybe~ no luck so far with 33 people and we got a max of 8  :'(

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »

So wish I could join you guys! :(

4 weeks!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 17, 2012, 02:38:50 pm »

In houses start in 20 minutes from this post!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 17, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 17, 2012, 05:28:57 pm »

Nice matches. The second game we got totally rolfstomped by a superb rhasta and a clinkz doing it's job right. It was fun though.

What I can't believe is that I did so good with chen in the first match. I'm not that good at micro.

And alkhemia, if you want to block creeps from spawning, place the wards in the middle of trees, not in the most obvious places for wards to be and get dewarded. AND STOP WARDING MY JUNGLE, DAMMIT.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 17, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

Sorry about the double post. Someone delete this

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 17, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »

Umiman rampage Dazzle or something again? XD

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 17, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »

Nice matches. The second game we got totally rolfstomped by a superb rhasta and a clinkz doing it's job right. It was fun though.

What I can't believe is that I did so good with chen in the first match. I'm not that good at micro.

And alkhemia, if you want to block creeps from spawning, place the wards in the middle of trees, not in the most obvious places for wards to be and get dewarded. AND STOP WARDING MY JUNGLE, DAMMIT.
if i put it there i would not have got both camps, I put it on the magic bush

Anyways we did a mm game after that was pretty one sided the are am and pa did good I was able to get brew ult one time as rubick, lina raped to

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 17, 2012, 06:10:25 pm »

if i put it there i would not have got both camps, I put it on the magic bush
The point is, if it gets dewarded, it is useless. It's better to have to pay four wards and completely shut down the jungler than to only block one spawn of creeps.

Though against people who don't know how to deward, it works great.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 17, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »

True but it slow your farm down and make you spend that 200 gold well not that it mattered we got stomped~ http://www.team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/dota/1092/dota-2-ultimate-guide-to-warding/ If are team set up was better I would of just been in your jungle killing you but we were rape so I could not use it
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:26:08 pm by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 246