Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239321 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1140 on: November 10, 2012, 05:15:15 pm »

Heh, I joined a game, randomed Batrider without looking at other team... Was facing Earthshaker/Morphling/Sven.... Out team was Built out of Squishys... It was GG as soon as Earthshaker got a Spree on Obsidian Destroyer...

Though, I remembered how to play Batrider Early game and got First Blood on Sven... Who wasn't using his Stuns well... Fuck Sven...
:( sorry
Heh its all good... Sven I have always hated, ALWAYS!!!
Trust me, when you get Sven going well with the right items... Stun Lock forever... FOREVER!!!
I don't think you want to fight Troll Warlord. :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 10, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

Heh, I joined a game, randomed Batrider without looking at other team... Was facing Earthshaker/Morphling/Sven.... Out team was Built out of Squishys... It was GG as soon as Earthshaker got a Spree on Obsidian Destroyer...

Though, I remembered how to play Batrider Early game and got First Blood on Sven... Who wasn't using his Stuns well... Fuck Sven...
:( sorry
Heh its all good... Sven I have always hated, ALWAYS!!!
Trust me, when you get Sven going well with the right items... Stun Lock forever... FOREVER!!!
I don't think you want to fight Troll Warlord. :P
No I don't I know what he does... I hate stun bastards...
Who is the one that drops the damn Ring of Snakes again??? Is he still in Dota 2???
Hated that guy too...

Actually......

I hate everyone that I can't play at all... But get my arse handed to me from...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 10, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »

BTW, i didnt got the spree from OD, its not his fault i killed evenly on all lanes and he did a good job mid.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 10, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »

BTW, i didnt got the spree from OD, its not his fault i killed evenly on all lanes and he did a good job mid.
Really, I swear you got the First killing spree just off mid... Or did you Gank Bottom too before you hit me???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 10, 2012, 05:50:12 pm »

1st and 2nd where mid and bot, i dont remember who was first.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »

Not that troll can stunlock anymore.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 10, 2012, 06:49:57 pm »

May as well throw this out here.  I've got an extra Defender of the Ivory Isles and I'm looking for a main hand Spinal Slicer.  Anybody want to trade?
Shoes...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 11, 2012, 12:17:25 am »

A few facts:
  • Sven is the only hero I can play at all.
  • I started playing him because he seemed manly and have stuck with him because I was correct about this.
  • I don't know at all how to lane 1v2 as Sven against Batrider and whatshisface.
  • After enough time, the above didn't seem to matter.

*Shrug*

I only really know how to do one thing with him, actually, which is go into a duo in my team's safe lane, wait until I get boots and Urn of Shadows (or most of it) and then do herpaderp "I stuns u" ganks.

What exactly can you build on him to stunlock people? There isn't any sort of cooldown reduction stat like in League, is there?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 11, 2012, 12:42:44 am »

A few facts:
  • Sven is the only hero I can play at all.
  • I started playing him because he seemed manly and have stuck with him because I was correct about this.
  • I don't know at all how to lane 1v2 as Sven against Batrider and whatshisface.
  • After enough time, the above didn't seem to matter.

*Shrug*

I only really know how to do one thing with him, actually, which is go into a duo in my team's safe lane, wait until I get boots and Urn of Shadows (or most of it) and then do herpaderp "I stuns u" ganks.

What exactly can you build on him to stunlock people? There isn't any sort of cooldown reduction stat like in League, is there?
Play Sven like you'd play Earthshaker or Skeleton King or Vengeful Spirit - as a high Strength tanky caster with a strong stun. Go for an early Ring of Basilius, then get a Soul Ring after that to keep your mana levels up. Go around lanes roaming to set up ganks in other lanes so that your opponents can't farm too safely (observer wards will help with this pursuit).
I believe this is the meta for higher level Dota Sven gameplay which at low levels should allow you to snowball.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:51 am »

The word "meta" is pretty taboo in Dota. Almost as bad as "champion".  8) There's no meta for anything, almost all the heroes are super flexible and good with a few exceptions here and there. Hell, play a round of reverse captain's mode and if you're like me, by the time the second ban phase comes around you'd be like... "but all the heroes are good... who do I give to the enemy?"

For example, normally you play Sven like Jugg. Max Q. 1 level in E. Then get all stats and your ult. That's how you get all the mana you need for roaming.

Then just recently you had an MYM vs Empire match where Sven went normal skillbuild maxing everything instead of stats and relying on his team's mana boots to top him up. This was because his team had a Magnataur which could turn Sven into godmode.

Even that build you described works fine. So does Pandar's build.

So really, just use your own judgement. Adapt as the situation requires.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 11, 2012, 02:01:29 am »

I like to go Mask of Madness, Armlet then Daedalus then you hit a creep and one shot some guy then add Heart of Tarrasque and Divine Rapier for more death~ or if there a lot a stun grab a bkb and if some one get's a butterfly grab mkb.

And the game where I was OD might of been better of me to be Naga or NS since it was 4v3 i could got on a roll with Night Stalker to bad that bounty dc in the middle of the game though oh well hindsight 20/20 did get there crow though was happy about that~

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:44:02 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 11, 2012, 11:15:41 am »

I finally got my first actual counted win with nobody leaving in a real match.  I was mid necrolyte, only one on my team with positive KDR (like 12/1).

I also accidentally got myself into a single draft game.  Chen, Lone Druid, Lycan :/
Shoes...

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 11, 2012, 01:26:23 pm »

The problem of sven is that a Baldemail shuts him down. Hard. And then you need to waste your bkb you you don't kill yourself.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 11, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:39:43 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 11, 2012, 01:45:25 pm »

I finally got my first actual counted win with nobody leaving in a real match.  I was mid necrolyte, only one on my team with positive KDR (like 12/1).

I also accidentally got myself into a single draft game.  Chen, Lone Druid, Lycan :/

For novices :

Chen. Avoid.

Lone Druid. Avoid.

Lycan. Av- oh. I see.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 246