Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239277 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1020 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »

hmm I say the heroes to play if you want to learn the different part of the game would be

1) Skeleton King play him to learn last hitting and using you move's and active effect for items since he only has one non passive

2) Sand King or Earthshaker for setting up the big Ults and being the Initiator

3) Enigma for learning a Jungler and Micromanagement he the fastest Jungler in the game also Lone Druid would be good for the Micro as well

4) Solo mid would be ether Viper or Death Prophet there solid mid and you can spam you spells.

5) Crystal Maiden or Jakiro for Support

Also watching streams and Pro games will help you to learning the ward spots
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:42:24 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 02, 2012, 01:14:54 am »

My inventory... it's so full...

I think that's enough grinding now lol... in 3 days I got maybe 30 - 50 items.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:34 am »

In the best scenario thats what? 12 games per day? at 30 minutes each,... you sir need to go outside and touch the grass.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:07 am »

In the best scenario thats what? 12 games per day? at 30 minutes each,... you sir need to go outside and touch the grass.
I work full time lol. And the grass is covered in soggy damp dirty snow.

But I wonder how much I play, let's see... 5pm - 12am after 2.5 days? With only 4 losses in the candy phase total. Yeah, entirely possible for that 12 games thing. Quite likely I have more than 50 too... Hahaha!

I basically come home and grind for a few hours then go to sleep. Probably stopping now that I have so many items for everyone. Still wish I had Baby Roshan though, but oh well. I already have three couriers anyway and everyone likes the robot courier. Wishing for more is kinda obscene.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 03, 2012, 02:09:32 pm »

How many chests does it usually take to trade for something?  I don't plan on buying keys so chests are just gonna be a trade thing for me.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 03, 2012, 02:44:27 pm »

How many chests does it usually take to trade for something?  I don't plan on buying keys so chests are just gonna be a trade thing for me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/

If you're too lazy to see: Chests are worth the same as in TF2. Nothing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 03, 2012, 10:23:15 pm »

I decided to say fuck it to easy champs, I'm learning Quas Wex Invoker.  Tornado>EMP>Cold Snap is ridiculous but I'm not quite good enough yet to transition it into a fourth or fifth spell.

Also, fun trading stories:  Guy trades me like eight essences for a bloodseeker hook he thought was for Pudge.  I traded back though when he realized what he did and he gave me a spinal slicer and a couple boring commons as thanks for not fucking him over.  I didn't keep the essences because I'm not a dick and also I didn't want to end up steamrepped as an accidental scammer.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:31:37 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 03, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

Cthulu is credit to human race. :)

Next weekend I'll actually be able to play some Dota. :) Been toying around with some weird ideas, e.g. dual lane mid with Skelly King and Broodmother for 2min tower etc.

(Obviously I've been out of the loop too much to think that might even work.)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 04, 2012, 07:06:38 am »

I decided to say fuck it to easy champs, I'm learning Quas Wex Invoker.  Tornado>EMP>Cold Snap is ridiculous but I'm not quite good enough yet to transition it into a fourth or fifth spell.
Get a point in exort and add an ice wall. If you have a teammate with you, that guy is dead.

Though I prefer exort-quas. Forge spirits are totally broken, add 2 hits (Plus the meatball ticks) to trigger cold snap, and sunstrike can take down half the hp of a squishy carry even in late game (Remember to use it whenever you are far from battle). Also, with a force staff you can set up really cool (pardon the pun) ice walls.

Also, another notch to my rampage list. It was with an uberfed ursa and I had to burn an aegis in their fountain, but it was still satisfying.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 04, 2012, 08:54:51 am »

Get a point in exort and add an ice wall. If you have a teammate with you, that guy is dead.

Though I prefer exort-quas. Forge spirits are totally broken, add 2 hits (Plus the meatball ticks) to trigger cold snap, and sunstrike can take down half the hp of a squishy carry even in late game (Remember to use it whenever you are far from battle). Also, with a force staff you can set up really cool (pardon the pun) ice walls.

Also, another notch to my rampage list. It was with an uberfed ursa and I had to burn an aegis in their fountain, but it was still satisfying.
Coldsnap is also broken as hell. What's that, you want to cast a spell? Nope. Not allowed. For 9 seconds. Also not allowed running away, or hitting back.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 04, 2012, 09:49:43 am »

Yeah, that was the big one.  It's got such a crazy range, and in laning you just pop it as soon as the other guy pulls minions and he's gonna get hurt bad.

Also, Roshan kill record is down to less than 7 seconds.  People are using an exploit to stack pudge for hours and hours and then one-shot Roshan.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:03 am »

Yeah, that was the big one.  It's got such a crazy range, and in laning you just pop it as soon as the other guy pulls minions and he's gonna get hurt bad.

Also, Roshan kill record is down to less than 7 seconds.  People are using an exploit to stack pudge for hours and hours and then one-shot Roshan.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:51 am »

I really don't get why hero have responses for buying ult stick when it does not work on them like Sven, then there Outworld Destroyer who was responses for buying 4 of them.

Also you only need 4-5 in Quas Wex it make you EMP/Tornado good enough then you max Exort so you get the dmg also cold snap above lvl 4 you can't trigger it fast enough to be worth it with out extra attack speed or Alacrity
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:05:46 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 04, 2012, 11:29:38 am »

I really don't get why hero have responses for buying ult stick when it does not work on them like Sven, then there Outworld Destroyer who was responses for buying 4 of them.

Also you only need 4-5 in Quas Wex it make you EMP/Tornado good enough then you max Exort so you get the dmg also cold snap above lvl 4 you can't trigger it fast enough to be worth it with out extra attack speed or Alacrity
Icefrog has said he wants all heroes to have something with Aghs at some point in the future.

And a number of patches ago, OD's best strategy was to stack Aghs because Aghs used to have the highest INT in the game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 04, 2012, 12:10:53 pm »

Icefrog has said he wants all heroes to have something with Aghs at some point in the future.

And a number of patches ago, OD's best strategy was to stack Aghs because Aghs used to have the highest INT in the game.
ah I see

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 246