Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239275 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1005 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:59 am »

Holy shitballs so many items. You're basically guaranteed an item a game, and if your team is not retarded you will get two at least.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 31, 2012, 03:56:48 am »

Wellll, first game I got a Bounty Hunter thing and an egg, second game I got a friggin Tegu! Both games we lost the candy gathering too.

I'm liking this event. Though everyone already decided that "all carry" is the best strategy and Anti-Mage is too good as he can blink and steal candy all day.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:27 pm »

Anyone already used their egg? im preatty courious about all the diferent convinations. Also after i use the one i got will i get another one or im done unles i buy one?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 31, 2012, 06:10:40 pm »

Not sure if you get another one, but the reward looks kinda derpy.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 31, 2012, 09:30:22 pm »

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/10/dota-2-31st-october/#halloween-greevil-eggs got 3 yellow in him so far but i want some shadow not sure how to get it though and you can get eggs as drop or in chest as well or just buy a new one.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:58 am »

Edit: Gone now
 Steam ID Alkhemia23

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:51:41 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 01, 2012, 12:41:26 am »

I got another egg through a chest. =|

My luck has been weird with this mode. I have a ridiculous number of wins over losses but my item drops have been equally ridiculously bad. Like, "it only drops stuff I already have" bad.

Still, I really like levelling super fast, with everyone on the same playing field. So I don't have to farm on whoever I random. In fact, people say you should only pick carries, but I've done amazingly with Lion, Earthshaker, Jakiro, Sand King, etc. I'm not sure if it's really a "fast late game" any more. Rather I seem to do better with mid game heroes. It's really fast, you don't need to farm at all, and it feels good. If no one is protecting the base or attacking you can go off and troll the enemy super hard and make them all chase you, then your team should naturally win slowly while you piss off the enemy. That's been my experience anyway.

p.s: I hate this stupid bug where if you're on the dire team you are automatically listed as lose in the game history :(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 01, 2012, 12:44:14 am »

There now a Bay 12 Games chat group in the game now join if you want

Also Axe is such a bad-ass that his ult goes though truce.  :P
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:56:34 pm by Alkhemia »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 01, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »

So I notice they've introduced items.  I assume they're only cosmetic, Valve isn't that microtransaction-happy to fuck up a game like this, but how do they work?  Is it possible to get them outside of buying them and this new mode?  Do they drop randomly like TF2?

I'm thinking about learning, since apparently it's pretty popular with bay12ers and I won't have to descend into the maelstrom to learn. 
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 01, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

The items are just for pretties. There aren't even runes or runepages or anything like that. And you kinda get them for free if you play, as random drops. If you play while the Halloween event is on you'll get a metric craptonne of items.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »

So I notice they've introduced items.  I assume they're only cosmetic, Valve isn't that microtransaction-happy to fuck up a game like this, but how do they work?  Is it possible to get them outside of buying them and this new mode?  Do they drop randomly like TF2?

I'm thinking about learning, since apparently it's pretty popular with bay12ers and I won't have to descend into the maelstrom to learn.

If you're with other B12'ers, it shouldn't be too hard to learn. I myself adore the game. :)

If only I could play it on this laptop... Ah well, Christmas is gonna be hardcore gaming time!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54:17 pm »

Should also play against easy or medium bots (Hard will roflstomp a newbie). At least 1 - 3 matches just to get the hang of things. Spend the time fiddling with the controls, trying to get used to the last hitting, things like that. Look at how the bots harass and position themselves.

After a few bot games you should do much better in regular matchmaking. If you can regularly beat hard bots, I guarantee you that you will do better than the vast majority of the population playing this game.

There's no shame playing bots in this I think. They're pretty challenging, very diversified, and do cool things.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 01, 2012, 08:58:11 pm »

Yeah, the bots are pretty good in fairness. They have decent teamwork, and chain their attacks together in such a way that if you screw up, they won't, and you will die.

They do however suffer from indecisive syndrome when facing someone stronger than they are, but by the time that happens you've most likely won. :)

The bots are good for general practice and learning the game. :)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 01, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »

I do play against bots pretty regularly.  Skeleton King and I'm getting the hang of Lich.

How does Diretide work?  I know most of it but I'm mainly wondering if there's still a laning phase or if it's more like Dominion with people roaming all the time.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »

Id take practice matches with bots only as the "practice" on your teorical learning, if you wish to make you entrance into dota not so painfull i recomend you read/watch some guides to get a better understanding of how the game should be played with the basic roles of heroes and acording to the current state of the game. Playing with bots wont prepare you at all for a real game but its certainly the way to start. Any doubts feel free to ask, im far from an excelent player but i played dota on and off for a few years.

EDIT: Diretide its based on collecting more candies than the other team and generaly laning its not a part of it, you might go to a lane to get some candies from the baby roshans but thats it, basically what makes or breaks the game is your abilitie to steal from the other team while protecting your own candies so farming 2 candies each 2 waves doesnt really balance the cost of not having a full team when needed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:10:49 pm by ukulele »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 246