Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239226 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #900 on: September 24, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »

Well, I randomed Meepo today and I have to say two things

1- A duo lane of Meepo and juggernaut is absolutely brutal. We were against a kunnka and a drow, who should have harrassed us to death, but we managed to not only win the lane, but to make drow ragequit too.
2- If you have a bad micro, the best thing you can do is leave all meepos but one at fountain. ¿Your meepo is low on health/mana? Switch meepos via poof. ¿Combat time? Mass poof from fountain to the battle. Or you can poof to the fountain too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:54:58 am by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 26, 2012, 11:29:59 am »

That a pretty good idea.

Also Cyborgmatt thinks Magnataur will be out next.

Oh Also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So yeah that as well
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:10:39 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2012, 02:48:13 pm »

I just found this stats web
https://dotabuff.com
Quite complete, though it has a few problems (Dagon 3 is the item with the highest rate of wins on lycan, for example). But it works to know with what heroes are you doing great and with who are you screwing up.

Also, Heaven's halberd on omniknight is great. Extra survivality as life and evasion, extra slow, a bit of extra damage and a great disable that combined with repel can shut down completely an enemy hero.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 29, 2012, 02:50:54 pm »

scrubs gonna scrub.  I'm sure many, many terribibble people get dagon 3 on lycan and win simply because people in their skill level are too bad to stop lycan.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 29, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »

I think it's more like, when a Lycan gets so incredibly fed that they can afford to make a Dagon 3, his team is usually going to win the game. Chicken and egg thing.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 29, 2012, 04:44:04 pm »

I think it's more like, when a Lycan gets so incredibly fed that they can afford to make a Dagon 3, his team is usually going to win the game. Chicken and egg thing.
^ combined with how rare it is for Lycan to buy a Dagon 3, and what you just stated.

It's just a statistical fallacy. An outlier.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »

Hahaha 96% of Gyrocopters who pick up a aegis win XD
Nom nom nom

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2012, 03:47:47 am »

Quite complete, though it has a few problems (Dagon 3 is the item with the highest rate of wins on lycan, for example). But it works to know with what heroes are you doing great and with who are you screwing up.

Also, Heaven's halberd on omniknight is great. Extra survivality as life and evasion, extra slow, a bit of extra damage and a great disable that combined with repel can shut down completely an enemy hero.

That item statistic is stupid as hell, it's nothing but misleading data. The only thing it shows is what items people had when the game ended, not what they had during the game. So the super late-game snowball items show up as 90% and all the good starting items show as 10%, for the simple reason that if you lose pretty hard, you never get to build up or sell your starting items. I'm sure some poor idiots have stopped buying iron branches because of that stupid thing.

The only good you can get out of it is to see which are the best boots for a certain hero.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:51:57 am by LASD »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 30, 2012, 05:56:40 am »

I just carried two games hard.  9/0 or 10/0 with QoP one game, the other I was Broodmother with the majority of team kills despite being solo lane against Buttseeker and Batrider.  Our team lost hard though because we had no initiation, and somebody fed the hell out of their Sven.  I still had more kills than deaths though, so must be doing something right.  The Windrunner and Sven stuns just really hit us hard and we couldn't do anything about it.

At least I think I'm finally beginning to figure this game out.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 30, 2012, 06:02:07 am »

Friend : "Bloodseeker is for noobs. You just TP out of his ulti."

Me : *Ravage* *Bloodrage* *Force Staff*

Friend : O_O

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

6.75 out.

exciting stuff.  Major, major changes.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2012, 03:40:17 am »

Impressions of the patch
More gold for supports. Lots of extra gold.
Well, looks like no more jungle lycans. It was good while it lasted.
Nice buff to pa and pl.
Great nerf to spirit breaker, the damage gotten from empowering haste was brutal. Just a moment ago I had ~200 damage at lvl 7 duoing with a vengeful spirit with the damage aura maxed.
Less cd for techies mines, yay.
Nerf to the most useful ability of treant. Goodbye to the unharassable teams during day
Toggle time of armlet down to 1 second? that's going to allow some very pro moves.
Wow, very nice buff to ethereal blade. I guess we are going to see it a lot more un int heroes
Cheaper wards. Good.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2012, 04:49:47 am »

The lycan nerf isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.  Though, it might be a little bit of an overnerf.

The treant change is barely a nerf, if at all.  You can still use it to protect your carry or whoever is hurt and it's actually useful for healing towers again.

General morph and sylla nerfs make me happy.  Buffs to other carries make me happy.  In any case, my highlights:

- Life Break Aghanim's cooldown decreased from 24/16/8 to 4
- Fixed Power Cogs not triggering and burning mana/hp when someone Force Staffs over it
- Viper Strike Aghanim's cast range increased from 800 to 900
- Agility growth increased from 2.8 to 4.2

There's only one of those changes that isn't hilarious.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2012, 07:25:12 am »

The lycan nerf changes his early game from "free farm if they don't come, they lose exp if they come" to having to lane like any carry. That's a pretty big change.

And the thing with treant was that a team with him in would be pretty much immune to all but the hardest of harass. A simple +2 hp/s triples the regen of most heroes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2012, 01:04:20 pm »

The only good you can get out of it is to see which are the best boots for a certain hero.
Heh, I don't even know about that one...

I mean, lots of people including myself grab tranquil boots really early then disassemble them into a Mek or Vlads or something. Or you get heroes that grab mana boots only to sell them and grab TP boots later or they could just disassemble the mana boots and make a bloodstone. Hell, if the game goes on long enough everyone would grab TP boots.

And then you can get nonsense like Lich with his phase boots. After all, Lich works with every single pair of boots in the game. It's not a particularly important part of his arsenal. He would function just fine with a pair of boots that just gave 80 movespeed and that's it. So there's no "best" for him.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 246