Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239222 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #855 on: September 07, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »

Okay, so I can apparently download Dota2 from steam but I didn't get an invite. Is this a scam or something?
No. Valve now invites people to dota 2 that way because when they gave out invites they ended in eBay, something they didn't like

Also, I fell in love with pentabattlefury bounty hunter. I know of a broodmother that really hated me. Though is a very squishy build even with all the hp regen.
oh god that splash damage with that crit and like i said before all 40m steam people have the spectator client it will become the real game when it comes out though they did it for the International.
The word "fuck" is not an appropriate word for how much disappointment I feel right now.
he the quote
Valve is hoping to ship Dota 2 as a free-to-play game by the end of 2012. They've got three things left on the checklist: more heroes (boosting up the number from around 89 to around 108), server infrastructure that can support more people, and some sort of solution to make the "brand new player experience" more accommodating,

btw did you know gabe newell has 2000 hours in Dota 2 and random's every match after Icefrog told him too so he could learn all the heroes.
here the video http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ghxnjq/gt-tv-gabe-newell-s-dota-2-strategies
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:16:16 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 07, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »

Haha, I bet he gets reported all the time too for constantly randoming.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 07, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »

Haha, I bet he gets reported all the time too for constantly randoming.

Wrong game, son.  ;)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 07, 2012, 09:28:15 pm »

"fuckin gnewl buy more wards retard, i know gabe newell and i will get u banned kid!"

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 07, 2012, 10:41:53 pm »

It good to random you get that extra 200 or so starting gold so if you team won't buy the chicken you got the gold for it.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 07, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »

The thing about randoming in Dota 2 is that while it may lead to some unconvential/somewhat ineffective strats sometimes, it nearly always works out in some way and your team usually isn't mad at you for it.

In other games though (not that they are bad), randoming is usually a recipe for disaster since you can get champions that are just kinda bad, and then champions that really don't work with the rest of the team.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 07, 2012, 11:06:59 pm »

The thing about randoming in Dota 2 is that while it may lead to some unconvential/somewhat ineffective strats sometimes, it nearly always works out in some way and your team usually isn't mad at you for it.

In other games though (not that they are bad), randoming is usually a recipe for disaster since you can get champions that are just kinda bad, and then champions that really don't work with the rest of the team.
Well I does help the fact that there really no heroes that is trash even Alchemist and Spirit Breaker the two worst heroes in the game are not to bad.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 07, 2012, 11:08:59 pm »

-ar is one of the more fun games, although laning phase can sometimes be very tricky.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 07, 2012, 11:10:41 pm »

Am suddenly curious how many modes DotA2 has, now. All random, all int? Stuff like that. Does it have the full DotA list?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 07, 2012, 11:13:47 pm »

Am suddenly curious how many modes DotA2 has, now. All random, all int? Stuff like that. Does it have the full DotA list?
death and easy mode are not in yet but it got random draft, captain's mode, all pick and single draft

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 08, 2012, 12:41:40 am »

Word is that it'll have most of the modes that dota had.

Looking forward to -amsc
all mid super creeps.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 08, 2012, 01:17:00 am »

I miss AR so much, i also used to play AR becouse most new people stick with 1 or 2 heroes and they dont like randoming. So chances of having competent players increased.
Or just wtf allrandom allint allmid.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 08, 2012, 01:33:29 am »

You can -wtf in a custom game if you turn on cheats, Bots with it on are evil damn you Tide and Sven.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 09, 2012, 02:23:54 pm »

Spectre is worse, if she can hit 6. Zeus can at least be blocked by a Linkens, as can Silencer, but having something that just spawns an illusion on everyone mapwide...

Tinker's kinda scary too. Long range rockets, as well as true damage lasers if you manage to get close.

Earthshaker is absolutely terrifying if he gets a blink dagger quickly, since -wtf affects items too. Slam your face on any button and they're inevitably permastunned. Bristleback holds a similar level of scary at level one because of the way his quills stack, but he's not in yet.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 09, 2012, 03:53:47 pm »

I think the worst one is leshrac. 24 diabolic edicts at the same time hurt a lot and can destroy the buildings of a whole lane up to raxes in almost no time.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 246