Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239188 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #810 on: September 03, 2012, 08:38:33 am »

When the techies are out, all shit breaks loose in the pub games.
Great thing or greatest thing?

I posit tentatively: Scrub rage is best rage. Mind you, I'm definitely an AoS scrub myself, I just don't rage about it :P

But yeah, recipe for hilarity. I remember techie games. So much raging, ahaha.
Well a 650 damage level one AoE nuke is no laughing matter so easy to get first blood. Techies, Tiny lane so much fun.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:50:42 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 03, 2012, 08:13:25 pm »

Did they miss this rune or did techies just plant 3 mines by it?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

If Tiny throws suicide techies into Nyx... what gets reflected?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »

I'd think toss, since that damage would probably proc first.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 04, 2012, 04:52:03 am »

I forget, can you still leave items on the ground in 2?

I had some fun times trolling with Techies in scrubbier games whilst dropping GG branches and Tangos on mine spots.It worked more often than you might think, and sometimes even multiple times in the same game.

Techies is a worthless hero in higher level play, but the amount of frustration he can bring in lower level games is amazing. Denying someone their entire lane via durka bombing is fun.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 04, 2012, 07:38:15 am »

I forget, can you still leave items on the ground in 2?

Yeah, you can :).
Still a viable strategy with upcoming Techies.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 04, 2012, 12:48:18 pm »

It will most likely be Meepo and Medusa I'm looking forward to her as well.

The concept art for Skywrath Mage looks pretty cool
Arcane Bolt look pretty strong it scales with you INT
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:50:31 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 04, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »

How many guys do you think they will release this friday after al this time without anyone? I'm going with three. Or opening the game to the public. One of those.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 04, 2012, 12:58:42 pm »

How many guys do you think they will release this friday after al this time without anyone? I'm going with three. Or opening the game to the public. One of those.
They said at the end of this year for being out of beta so i'm not sure they release it yet but 2-3 heroes should be out soon Slark is up there in development as well so we might get him as well but Meepo for sure.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

Okay, so I can apparently download Dota2 from steam but I didn't get an invite. Is this a scam or something?
Oh shit, it went F2P! My body is fucking ready.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:30:16 pm by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #820 on: September 04, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

Either it's a spectator client, you got a key and it hasn't popped up anything or they released really quietly.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 04, 2012, 04:29:24 pm »

Either it's a spectator client, you got a key and it hasn't popped up anything or they released really quietly.
It says all my friends have it like most F2P games. Its at 9% so we'll see in about 35-45 minutes.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 04, 2012, 04:29:40 pm »

Okay, so I can apparently download Dota2 from steam but I didn't get an invite. Is this a scam or something?
No. Valve now invites people to dota 2 that way because when they gave out invites they ended in eBay, something they didn't like

Also, I fell in love with pentabattlefury bounty hunter. I know of a broodmother that really hated me. Though is a very squishy build even with all the hp regen.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 04, 2012, 04:33:45 pm »

No. Valve now invites people to dota 2 that way because when they gave out invites they ended in eBay, something they didn't like

Also, I fell in love with pentabattlefury bounty hunter. I know of a broodmother that really hated me. Though is a very squishy build even with all the hp regen.
oh god that splash damage with that crit and like i said before all 40m steam people have the spectator client it will become the real game when it comes out though they did it for the International.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 04, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »

oh god that splash damage with that crit and like i said before all 40m steam people have the spectator client it will become the real game when it comes out though they did it for the International.
The word "fuck" is not an appropriate word for how much disappointment I feel right now.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 246