Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239168 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #750 on: August 17, 2012, 11:16:52 am »

http://www.steamgifts.com/open/search/dota

Use this site if you don't have DotA 2. You might get lucky, since quite many people post their spare keys here.
Trading for items might have reduced this however, DotA 2 used to be a much more common giveaway.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 17, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »

Quick question, does anybody know if beta testers will have to repurchase the game on release if we won our beta keys via giveaways, contests, etc?

Game will be free to play so that would be a no.

Wow, brainfart. Of course its f2p...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:39 pm »

Hmm, i remember applying for a beta key somewhen.. Today i logged into my steam account again and in the list of my games i see two new ones "Dota 2" and "Dota 2 Test". Does that mean that once i have downloaded the game i can play it?

Would love that since i love dota and dota 2 looks awesome.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:47 pm »

Hmm, i remember applying for a beta key somewhen.. Today i logged into my steam account again and in the list of my games i see two new ones "Dota 2" and "Dota 2 Test". Does that mean that once i have downloaded the game i can play it?

Would love that since i love dota and dota 2 looks awesome.

Well yeah and congrats
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 17, 2012, 01:11:03 pm »

Oh god, now i hope that my computer can run it well enough. :D

I guess the dota 2 is the official stable version and the test the experimental one, but i could play both? `Cause i`m currently downloading the dota 2 (not the test one) and i don`t want to be stuck downloading something i can`t yet access.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 17, 2012, 01:14:58 pm »

Oh god, now i hope that my computer can run it well enough. :D

I guess the dota 2 is the official stable version and the test the experimental one, but i could play both? `Cause i`m currently downloading the dota 2 (not the test one) and i don`t want to be stuck downloading something i can`t yet access.
No one plays test it just for when they add the new heroes. They are in it a day or two early before putting them in the real game. Also I have a single core and can run it.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »

Oh nice, nice. And if i should still be unable to play it i will gift it someone here. ;)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 17, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »

It's source engine, albeit with the updates source has received over the years.

I've gotten burnt out on being the only (decent) hard/semi support player in the last 30 or so games I've played. You can only buy every set of wards, set up 80% of the kills, and buy every support item for your team before you just get tired of getting let down by players with no situational awareness or game sense.

I do hard-lane solo a bit too, and it's extremely frustrating when their team sends 4 people at you and your team continues to afk farm jungle and safe lane.

RAGE DUMP

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »

btw Valve has announced a free spectator client of Dota 2 for The International so you can watch the games in game if you don't have dota 2 also people with the Beta can watch The International for free in game as well you can also watch it on live stream like at joinDota.com http://www.joindota.com/en/news/3940-valve-announces-free-spectator-client

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 17, 2012, 05:48:49 pm »

It's source engine, albeit with the updates source has received over the years.

I've gotten burnt out on being the only (decent) hard/semi support player in the last 30 or so games I've played. You can only buy every set of wards, set up 80% of the kills, and buy every support item for your team before you just get tired of getting let down by players with no situational awareness or game sense.

I do hard-lane solo a bit too, and it's extremely frustrating when their team sends 4 people at you and your team continues to afk farm jungle and safe lane.

RAGE DUMP

I do more than my share of playing hard support in pubs. Generally I wait and see what my teammates pick, so I get stuck with the role more often than I'd like. Last night I had a guy voluntarily pick Crystal Maiden as the second to last picker on our team, leaving me in a state of shock and with the option to choose any number of carries or semi-carries to lane with him. Went with Dragon Knight, we raped our lane, and cruised to an easy win.

After the game I checked to see if he was one of those dudes who always plays support, and he totally wasn't, so it refreshed my batteries as far as being willing to take one for the team and roll support more often than the 20% of the time that would be equitable if every Dota 2 player were as reasonable as you, me, and the random CM I owned with yesterday.

I'm also thinking of queue'ing for Random Draft only, as I tend to get better team comps and more people willing to play support when I play that.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 17, 2012, 06:29:01 pm »

Answer to the always support dilema? Take a Random hero first.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:19 pm »

Got to love the new bugs where you heroes is naked and headless.  ::)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 18, 2012, 03:24:41 am »

I also liked the bug where 7 people disconnected during a teamfight and the resulting loss counted as 7 on the performance page. Aaaand actually now that I think about it also on my profile's wins and losses thing. I was wondering why the losses were catching up.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:54 am »

I also liked the bug where 7 people disconnected during a teamfight and the resulting loss counted as 7 on the performance page. Aaaand actually now that I think about it also on my profile's wins and losses thing. I was wondering why the losses were catching up.
They have to make sure your win and losses are even some how like putting you on teams where people play a sniper and just stand there and auto-attack or a visage that you lane with you when you are chaos knight and just steals all your last hits and feeds a Phantom Assassin.

I also love it when the enemy jungler yells about how the jungle is bug because the creeps did not spawn since I warded it, It make my day ever time.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 20, 2012, 04:26:09 am »

So what a good build for Broodmother?

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 246