Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239159 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #675 on: July 28, 2012, 07:01:22 am »

I think it's more of a disagreement as to when he's broke; I'd say Invoker starts jumping off the deep end of OP at level 7, and not during the laning phase, where's he's merely good.

Like I said though, he was OP before he had any stats at all, and not just because I say so... it was a widely held opinion that he was much too powerful, and when Icefrog gave him stats on skilling there was a lot of complaining to be had...

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 28, 2012, 09:14:52 am »

Hey guys, you all forgot to add the damage of forge spirits to the exort quas Inv. Those things are complete monsters, specially after you get the second one

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 28, 2012, 10:06:57 am »

I think it's more of a disagreement as to when he's broke; I'd say Invoker starts jumping off the deep end of OP at level 7, and not during the laning phase, where's he's merely good.

Like I said though, he was OP before he had any stats at all, and not just because I say so... it was a widely held opinion that he was much too powerful, and when Icefrog gave him stats on skilling there was a lot of complaining to be had...

He was so OP that he was never ever picked in competitive games, except sometimes by Ferrari_430 but that's because this guy is a mutant. He was kinda in the state that Meepo is now : sure he can be pretty good if you play incredibly well, but there are other heroes that can do just as well much more easily and reliably. Now Invoker is actually really strong, enough to almost never make it through the first pick/ban phase (but there are other heroes in that case), the bonus stats on skilling his orbs changed everything.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:22:45 am by Alg »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 28, 2012, 10:59:36 am »

cant break my promise D:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:13:03 am by Rex_Nex »

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 28, 2012, 11:20:26 am »

Don't know what your promise is, but you can check every replay before the buff to his stats (version 6.69) and I doubt you'll find him picked more than once in 50 games.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 28, 2012, 12:00:50 pm »

hax

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »

So, what do you guys do to deal with the whole "No surrender button and your entire team feeds for the next hour" situations?

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:03 pm »

So, what do you guys do to deal with the whole "No surrender button and your entire team feeds for the next hour" situations?
Keep fighting on. I can't believe the number of epic comebacks I managed to get. If shit is really down the toilet it'll end quick anyway

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:38 pm »

What he said, if you manage to turtle decently usually the "owning" team gets confident and starts making stupid mistakes, only a few of those can change the game, not always but it happens. Anyways i expect a concede option to be implemented on the future, but who knows.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 28, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »

What he said, if you manage to turtle decently usually the "owning" team gets confident and starts making stupid mistakes, only a few of those can change the game, not always but it happens. Anyways i expect a concede option to be implemented on the future, but who knows.
Icefrog said no precisely because of those epic comebacks

Also, supporting with ezalor is freakin' awesome. Just a urn, boots and meka and bam, ubermatch.
IT also helps that ta invis requires her to stay put and nice for my Q
EDIT: Every match I play with Ez, I like him more. The moment I learn how to use his ult this is going to be a massacre.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:28:34 pm by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:43 pm »

Since when does Gandalf need items? :P

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 28, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »

Since when does Gandalf need items? :P
I some times build him a dagon  :-[ , becouse you know, you shall not pass. And lets be honest its kind of certain youll be getting some extra gold want it or not might as well spend it for the lols.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 28, 2012, 03:12:29 pm »

We should have a custom game sometime would be nice to play for fun instead of trying to pub stomp if we can find 10 people anyways.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 28, 2012, 03:34:40 pm »

Probably better to get a sheepstick, force staff, and euls.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 28, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »

We did the infamous Gayest Lane in Asia combo. Gandalf + Phantom Lancer. Went up against a similarly terrifying lane, Chaos Knight and Silencer.

After we were both level 2 we got one kill a minute. It was goddamn hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 246