Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239134 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #630 on: July 25, 2012, 10:53:55 pm »

Keeper is a farming machine. Which is a problem because he doesn't need any farm at all :[

I'm a decent keeper, but I farm too much. I'll get in lane, annihilate the enemy so many times they go to a different lane, tower, get teleport boots, rape another lane, rape another lane, rape another lane... then I'm sitting on 7k gold and our carry has absolutely nothing because all the lanes are pushed and creeps killed.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »

Matt's look though the patch is out http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/07/dota-2-25th-july/#more-3382

Edit: patch info http://www.joindota.com/en/news/3740-nyx-assassin,-kotl,-visage-added-to-dota-2

Keeper is a farming machine. Which is a problem because he doesn't need any farm at all :[

I'm a decent keeper, but I farm too much. I'll get in lane, annihilate the enemy so many times they go to a different lane, tower, get teleport boots, rape another lane, rape another lane, rape another lane... then I'm sitting on 7k gold and our carry has absolutely nothing because all the lanes are pushed and creeps killed.
More Divine Rapiers money problem solved lol but yeah he too good at farming for what he is to bad you can't give people money or gear

So tried a carry KotL level 5 Dagon, Heart of Tarrasque, Orchid Malevolence, Phase Boots, and Demon Edge 45-0-9 185 last hits stupid bots
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:20:08 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 26, 2012, 08:30:36 am »

Yeah, Ezalor is kind of like Furion in terms of fucking everybody else's farm and he also has that global teleport skill that you can use to troll your allies but Ezalor + Phantom Lancer is frickin awesome just nuke the hell out of anyone in lane

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 26, 2012, 08:34:30 am »

why Phantom Lancer?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 26, 2012, 08:36:37 am »

Yeah, Ezalor is kind of like Furion in terms of fucking everybody else's farm and he also has that global teleport skill that you can use to troll your allies but Ezalor + Phantom Lancer is frickin awesome just nuke the hell out of anyone in lane

Except Furion can actually make good use of that farm, KOTL cannot (well not as effeciently at leas, things like Mek or Sheepstick are always useful). Sadly buying a Rapier and suiciding to neutrals to give it to a teammate doesn't work anymore, an enemy has to pick it first.

why Phantom Lancer?

Because giving almost infinite mana to a carry that has a 7s cd long-range nuke is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:38:37 am by Alg »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:14 am »

Soo, randomed silly bear in a bot game, and well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2 midas is absurdly funny.  I think silly bear easily out-quotas profit.  I didn't even get a radiance for my bear <_<.  Probably could have upped the gpm 10 or so if I had.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 26, 2012, 09:54:55 am »

That's a hell of a lot of gold :D

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:41 am »

Using two midas gives ~250 gpm.  It looks like I got about 108 gpm for the hero kills.

So even if it wasn't a rofl-stomp bot game, free-farmed sylla can stilleasily get >550 gpm and probably closer to 650.

EDIT:  2 midas is 3800 gold.  So ideally, it will still take ~23 minutes for the midas to pay for themselves.  Though the increased gold rate probably means you can still get a radiance by 20 or so minutes.

All assuming your enemies are being nice and letting you free-farm.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:15:44 am by Rez »

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 26, 2012, 10:22:26 am »

Hey, remember that combo someone said here about pudge and wisp?

Well, I just tried it with a friend and it rocks. At the end of the game pudge had over 300 damage and 200 strenght. And myself as wisp another tarrasque. And we even made a fountain hook!
Though half of the merit goes to that invoker. He was one of those awesome invokers

Also, lina-lion is another awesome lane combo. Or nuker-nuker, for all that matters

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 26, 2012, 10:32:10 am »

The lina lion lane works out because of the synergy between delayed cast stuns and 'instant' stuns.  Same kind of thing you do with sd + delayed cast.  Nuke is nice, but you can do the same thing with kunkka or leshrac.  Slow + stunner/nuker works as well, pugna being a good example.

I missed the pudge wisp bit.  I assume you use wisp to keep pudge at full hp and mana, jump around the map for crazy gankage, and stun people after dismember is over?  Sounds pretty funny.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 26, 2012, 11:14:50 am »

I missed the pudge wisp bit.  I assume you use wisp to keep pudge at full hp and mana, jump around the map for crazy gankage, and stun people after dismember is over?  Sounds pretty funny.
It is. Not having to aim a hook at zero range makes everything about pudge a lot easier.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:12 pm »

Soo, randomed silly bear in a bot game, and well...

2 midas is absurdly funny.  I think silly bear easily out-quotas profit.  I didn't even get a radiance for my bear <_<.  Probably could have upped the gpm 10 or so if I had.
lol puppy just did this in there game against We have Asians also lvl 5 Dagon on dendi's Tinker

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »

Yea, I saw it.  I was stoked.  Amusing game, wha let tinker and silly free farm a bit too much, but were doing pretty well, considering I'd never heard of them and they were playing navi.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #643 on: July 26, 2012, 02:33:26 pm »

I didn't see the game itself, but I heard Dendi's Tinker is godlike. Can anyone tell what he bought/skilled?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 26, 2012, 04:47:30 pm »

Just general tinker stuff.  Cept he got dagon 5 at about 30 minutes.  So, yea, dagon hijinks, since it's one of the most efficient nukes in the game at level 5.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 246