Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239126 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #615 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »

Hey guys, żAny counter to lycan other than going the full team with a lot of stuns and having a tp always prepared for backdoors? I freakin' love him, but whenever it gets picked against me, I don't know how to counter him

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:58 pm »

Hey guys, żAny counter to lycan other than going the full team with a lot of stuns and having a tp always prepared for backdoors? I freakin' love him, but whenever it gets picked against me, I don't know how to counter him

The best way to stop Lycan is to shut down his jungle early. Place wards in his jungle to stop spawns and gank a couple of times before lvl 6 if you can so he can't just ult and run away. He's just a huge pubstomper because no one wants to buy wards in pubs or gank jungle so he gets freefarm until he feels like coming out and wrecking everything.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 24, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

Anything that prevents being attacked physically shuts him down completely. Stuns, blocks, ethereal, damage return, teleports, blinks, etc. He's got nothing but melee, but he's very good at that one thing. He's extremely dangerous before you have any tools at your disposal; a melee king with max MS and good HP is going to get some kills regardless by just chasing you down, but you can do your best to keep him from becoming a powerhouse.

A Lycan with bad items is just a decent melee hero with no real spells. A liability in most situations. Do your best to dam his flow of gold, and then later in the game, do your best to dam his flow of damage.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:36 pm »

Naga Siren can stop everything he does.

Counter push.

5 second long-ranged disable through BKB.

Lycan has no AOE to kill illusions.

Relatively stronger carry.

Big armour reduction.

Etc. etc.

For example, you can wait till Lycan pops his BKB in a fight (which will be always), then ult. This way, Lycan will be the only target not invulnerable. Then Siren nets him and everyone bashes on his face. If he refuses to pop BKB, then net him anyway and bash him regardless.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:59 am »

Bkb piercing disables are pretty core on countering him late.  Countering his jungle early is the best thing to do.  He's a mid-game carry/pusher and if he can't do that, his effectiveness drops rapidly.  Pretty much any agi carry outcarries him late.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »

Can someone give me some details about this game? I want to try it but I've tried HoN and it's.... clunky. At least when compared to LoL.

- Does it contain micromanagement? Like can you make 3 copies of yourself and try to control them separately?

- How do the item hotkeys work? I find it annoying to have to move my hand out of place to use items in the F or D slots.

- Does it have couriers?

- (pet peev) Does the mouse cursor stand out? It's hard for me to last hit because I sometimes lose it's position.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »

1. Yes.

3. Yes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 25, 2012, 06:55:54 pm »

Can someone give me some details about this game? I want to try it but I've tried HoN and it's.... clunky. At least when compared to LoL.

- Does it contain micromanagement? Like can you make 3 copies of yourself and try to control them separately?

- How do the item hotkeys work? I find it annoying to have to move my hand out of place to use items in the F or D slots.

- Does it have couriers?

- (pet peev) Does the mouse cursor stand out? It's hard for me to last hit because I sometimes lose it's position.

2. Numpad, but I think they're configurable.

4. Yes.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 25, 2012, 07:48:58 pm »

Keeper of the Light, Nyx Assassin and Visage or out in test also they updated the look of some items.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »

Nyx Assassin? Is that DotA 1's Nerubian Assassin?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 25, 2012, 08:07:53 pm »

yeah

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 25, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »

Visage appears to have changed a hell of a lot since his original incarnation that I remember.

And it seems to be a good thing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 25, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »

Yea, old Visage was... so boring... ever since his remake a year or two ago, he's been a bit more fun. Very micro-centric though.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:26 pm »

Micro-centric was having to command 5-7 (or more) minions that did laughable amounts of (piercing, so less effective against heroes) damage, gave decent amounts of gold and had little health to bolster themselves, making them utterly useless mid-late game.

He was great for chasing down the (usually) squishy mid hero with the movespeed boost and autoattack bonus, though. Made him one of the very first/few Intelligence carries early on, since the autoattack bonus was massive at the beginning stages of the game, but he just fell off too easily.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2012, 10:51:21 pm »

Holy crap Keeper of the light is rape infinite mana + a creep wave wiping nuke I want to try him in a real game now thous pore bot. I went 30-0 and got a lot of ultra-kills.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 246