Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239123 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

(you can safely ignore which creep to eat, just eat one)
+1, its not a game changer, perhaps if you are playing against and are among the most skilled players in the game, but for someone starting this is so far away from your main concerns its ridiculous.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2012, 04:01:11 pm »

It's always a good idea to get in the habit of doing things that will impact your playstyle early on, rather than having a bad habit and having to change it later.

Melee creeps also give more gold, if I remember correctly. Or maybe that's League.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

It's always a good idea to get in the habit of doing things that will impact your playstyle early on, rather than having a bad habit and having to change it later.

Melee creeps also give more gold, if I remember correctly. Or maybe that's League.

They give more exp, less gold.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 22, 2012, 03:19:54 pm »

Wasn't really feeling this and didn't play since two bot matches the day I got my invite. Played as Lich and really enjoyed the playstyle.

I decided to go on about 5 hours ago now and play some online games, I thought fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?

Anyway it seems I am actually more sensible than the average DOTA player, in one game I saw a guy die seven times from doing the same thing. I told him to stop rushing but he just wasn't listening :(

Anyway, yeah Lich. I played my first game as him and loved it, got about 6-5-2 or something. The second game was one of those games where you only get to pick out of three heroes so I went with the support guy, Dazzle.

My god, I love this guy :D Just had a great game with him:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This game is brilliant, I love it. I'm completely addicted :D

What I've found best to do is get my iPad up on dotafire next to me and I can read a build as I play then. It's helped immensely with seeing where to put my skill points, I had another game where I had a pick of three guys again and picked Razor. I had no idea how to play him so just read the guide as I played it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:21:26 pm by Briggsy16 »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

Thats kind of awsome for a first game, congrats! My 2 cents as a support wich both of them are, try to let your carrys get the kills! It might not matter in a low skill game or a short one, but generaly speaking if you carry doesnt farm you are preatty much screwed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 22, 2012, 04:59:49 pm »

Yeah, as mentioned earlier in the thread, supports in this game don't have the stigma of being useless in a fight, no kills, kinda thing. Rather they are just so freaking strong without any items that no one bothers to farm on them usually. They don't stay that way the whole game, but it certainly makes it a lot more compelling to play them... rather than a boring babysitter role. All in all it just makes it more interesting for a newbie, as they don't have to worry about other more complicated game mechanics, but still get to feel useful and have an impact.

Good job nontheless. :P

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 22, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but anyone else going to be going to the International?  I'm going with some friend and maybe we could have dinner or something.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »

Yea, going 11/0/7 with Dazzle is badass. Going 0/0/18 with dazzle is goddamn awesome, but only if there's players more capable then you. Even if there's a carry, its probably a good idea not to feed him if he is a terrible player.

International? Afraid not. Sounds fun :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2012, 07:41:21 pm »

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but anyone else going to be going to the International?  I'm going with some friend and maybe we could have dinner or something.
Take pictures for those of us not lucky enough to live nearby!

A bit off topic, but holy shit the War Dog courier just random dropped for me in a bloody bot game. A BOT GAME. Arghablarglalgh. It's so freaking typical that once you already own two couriers, the rarest one of all just randomly drops... in a bloody bot game.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

I need to start running through bot games as fast as possible when I can't play real games with my buddies.  Do we know if there are different drop rates for the separate bot difficulties?  I imagine I can blow through an easy co-op bot game in about 15 minutes bombing mid with chen.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »

I dont think there are any diferences, but remember drops only drop (yeah) in coop with other ppl not "singleplayer".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 23, 2012, 04:28:40 am »

Uhhh... either the games I'm in are supremely lucky or there's a bug right now. I saw another 3 war dogs drop in 2 other bot games.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 24, 2012, 03:49:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God damn I love this game. And Lich. And Dazzle.

So yeah, starting to get used to these two guys and knowing what items to buy and stuff. Starting to get my own kind of build that I go for instead of using a guide too. Once I get used to these two I'm gonna branch out to a third guy then a fourth etc..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:04:56 pm by Briggsy16 »

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 24, 2012, 04:35:41 pm »

The last sithil's chest I opened gave me dragon bone hook. (Which is quite valuable and pretty good ^-^)

The one before it gave me this other weird item called dragon bone hook.

trolololol
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 24, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Dazzle was my star carry back in APEM days. Since he was insanely strong as a support (and I was around 14 at the time, and carrying with just about anyone since lolEM) he scaled well with items such as Stygian Desolator and Assault Cuirass. Pure physical damage spells plus tons of armor reduction? Yes, please.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 246