Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239084 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #480 on: June 12, 2012, 04:08:19 am »

Well, he's good when he gets ridiculous farm and your PA doesn't move at all when he launches his stun rocket.

And yea, they are expensive spells on an agi, though he does have good int gain.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 12, 2012, 05:43:07 am »

Yes, Gyro is a pretty useless hero.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:36 am »

He's incredibly nasty if he gets level advantage, I've discovered.  600 damage over 3 seconds and 440 from a rocket is a crap ton of damage early-mid.  He needs a strong lane partner to do so though.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2012, 11:25:09 pm »

Chaos Knight is way too good.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2012, 11:34:31 pm »

If he gets farmed? Oh, you are in trouble. 3 images that do 100% damage, an ability that brings them all on top of you and your target, and the possibility of a 4 second stun? Not discounting the good amount of crit, either.

Aside from him on his own, he makes a good ganker due to the stun and pull. With it being at least 2 seconds, you've got a more reliable and longer stun than most.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:57:25 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:28 am »

CK is nasty, but not unfairly so. He is str, so he's not really capable of being the strongest late-game.  Somewhat the same as panda in that you need to either kill him or silence before he pops his ult in a fight.  His model is so big that 4 CK's running around block each other a lot.  It's only a 10% chance of crit, though there are 4 attacks that have a chance to proc it.  I'd rather have AM, PL, or PA on my team.  He's str carry, which means he needs lots of farm to be effective late.  Since he's really dependent on right clicks for fast pwnage and almost certainly won't want to get a mkb, I'll get butterfly or hh to cut the number of attacks that hit down, which are nice on a number of heroes anyway.

IMO, fills a similar role as PA, but doesn't have to farm as hard since he can gank pretty easily.  That's half the reason why CK and gyro are seeing so much play.  People aren't familiar with them, so they expose themselves to ganks and kills that they don't see coming.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2012, 02:03:31 am »

In terms of difficulty to play:

PA:
- Farm for 30 minutes
- Die to 1 stun if you fight without BKB on

Chaos Knight:
- Farm for 30 minutes
- Trololol into fights, kill shit, walk out. Problem?

Sure, Phantom Assassin's damage potential is way higher, but it's also way easier to fail. Which you know... pubbers...

Edit:

My pet name for Gyro is "useless". Until I see one do remarkably well, he'll be forever known as useless in my book. Haven't lost against Gyro yet... so it's been true so far.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2012, 02:12:09 am »

It'll remain true. Hes one of the only heroes that even pubbies know is terribad.

CK is pretty good. He snowballs well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:15:51 am by Rex_Nex »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2012, 02:30:04 pm »

Could someone explain to me how the strange items work? Maybe I misunderstood but does a strange Furion beard actually grow as you gain victories or does it only change names?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2012, 02:49:45 pm »

It only changes names.

Also, I take back everything I said. Gyro is hilariously awesome. You just need to be hyper super aggressive with him. If I see a jungle Furion or Lycan, I'm going to grab Gyro straight up and camp their jungle.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »

I dont understand how Gyro could do anything to either Furion or Lycan. His missiles can fuck up a lone jungler, sure, but Furion and Lycan jungle with summons.

Of course, anything is possible against some players.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »

I could write a really longwinded post here but I'll be as brief as possible since I don't want people to use him to own me in the jungle and I want to be one of the few playing him properly.

Do you know this guy?

Aurel is Dota's equivalent.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2012, 11:55:15 pm »

Hate to doublepost, but you can do this now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I was made aware that there are UNUSUAL CUSTOM COURIERS. Things like Juggadogs with laser eyes, trees that grow flowers behind them when they walk, etc. You get these via the 0.8% chance from unlocking crates...

Damnnnn you Valveeeee! My money!!!!!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 15, 2012, 01:21:10 am »

I really want them to add Meepo now. He was probably my second favorite agility hero, behind Phantom Lancer.

Also, Troll. And Lanaya. So many underused carries.

Bristleback was a lot of fun as well, what with the armor reduction, slow and mass nukes that do physical (stacking) damage.

Edit:
Aurel is Dota's equivalent.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

I don't think there's too much of a comparison between the two... one's the equivalent of an AD carry that has the possibility to go AP mage, the other is a one man rape machine. But then again, I never see people play Gyro well.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:26:03 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 15, 2012, 01:56:28 am »

I'm not a LoL player, so I dont know exactly how he plays, but looking at his Spells, Garen seems like the sort of hero that runs up with his MS boost, throws down some serious single target damage (or some decent AoE damage in a teamfight), then does his best to get out, using his shield if someone is laying the hurt on him.

That's just what I'm getting by his spell list, at least. Free spells with a tanky hero capable of some good burst damage... but his usefulness in teamfights is limited as well as having quite a long timer on his shield. Looks like a ganker to me.

Thats quite a bit different from Gyro, who is almost entirely a spamming AoE spellcaster, but if you have your own way of playing him that works for you, then it doesn't really matter :P
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 246