Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238975 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:00 am »

Yup, it is unfortunate.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2012, 09:41:34 am »

At the rate of their hero release, the game won't be out of beta for a while. Sucks, but when people sell free things for money that Valve isn't making, they come down hard on it. Should just open beta/prerelease and start making money off the hype before it dies down.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:30 pm »

They said they would release the game before all of the heroes were released.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2012, 06:35:21 pm »

They will need to release the right heroes, then. The balance will be totally screwed if a particular hero's counters are held back ages, for example.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

So this game just popped up on my games list for some reason. I assume it means I am in the beta? Never played a game like this before. Any advice?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »

Suffer.

... wish I could give better advice, but I'm relatively pants with DotA. Denial bullshit (killing minions on your side when they're weak, to prevent the enemy from getting gold/XP), last hitting (Getting last hit in on weakened enemy minions, so you get gold), et al. Plus the million items and item combos. Just no good with parts of it.

Basically you kill little dudes for cash and occasionally kill bigger dudes for more cash and less big-dude on the map for a while. Eventually you knock all the buildings down and win, or have all your buildings knocked down and lose.

But expect to meet one of the worst online communities you've ever encountered, yeah. If there's a mute command, I recommend just muting everyone on both teams and playing like that.

E: At least if DotA 2 is anything like DotA... and according to this thread, all DotA2 is at the mo' is a graphics upgrade for DotA.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:33:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »

So this game just popped up on my games list for some reason. I assume it means I am in the beta? Never played a game like this before. Any advice?
Haha, oh dear. I know some people who would kill to get DotA 2 to just "pop up" for some reason. xD

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

All I know is that I suck. Definitely think I will practice with bots for a while.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2012, 10:33:59 pm »

For some reason  I seem unable to deny. Does anyone know if there is a special command or something? I would assume you just attack your own guys.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:21 pm »

A-click.
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »

All controls in this are about the exact same as they would be on a Warcraft 3 custom map.

Which means all the Warcraft 3 unit commands are still there.

S to stop, A to attack, etcetera.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »

All I know is that I suck. Definitely think I will practice with bots for a while.

Those bots are insanely difficult. They have perfect aim and reflexes. You'll be suffering stun after stun after stun, with absolutely no time in between them.

Players are much easier.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »

I'm not playing on the top difficulty, only on normal. They might have good reflexes, but they are also stupid.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »

I wouldn't call it "insanely" difficult... Unreal Tournament 2003's godlike bots were insanely difficult. And then there were the custom godlike bot mods who are what Kratos is to the Greek Pantheon.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »

Just got into the beta after waiting for what seems like years.

Its good, but my only complaint is the UI, takes too much room
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 246