Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238884 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2011, 03:09:29 am »

Did. Nothing happened.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2011, 03:53:35 am »

Double clicking works for me too.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2011, 02:35:24 pm »

Been playing for a few weeks now. Best game ever.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

kinda hate to do this but I love dota so... Can I pwease have a key to the beta :D
Nom nom nom

zekiel321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2011, 11:20:11 am »

Been playing for a month now. Great game. The community here should be good for newbies as well as the match making thing really matches you with people of your skill. However, it looks like its going to be a while before it reaches open beta as a lot of heroes are not integrated here yet. Latest hero to be added was Krobelus.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:11 am »

I PMd webadict about giving away a key for the Christmas giveaway. Make sure you reserve your chance to get it :)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2011, 11:46:43 am »

I've got to admit, I kind of face-palmed when I realized character movement wasn't WASD based. I mean it's obvious due to RTS origins, but I would have thought that would be one of the first things they changed when going from mod to full blown game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2011, 12:05:26 pm »

... why would it be WASD based... How would they even keybind everything if it was WASD based... =|

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2011, 12:11:58 pm »

Your left hand is supposed to be taken up by qwer or whatever Dota 2 uses. Not much room to be using wasd for running around. Unless of course you have one of those mice with a crapton of buttons.

And of course, it would be a pain in the butt to have to move your dude with wasd, considering all the moving around the map. Cant just click to move somewhere and look at the place you are going, no, you gotta guide your dude.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:59 pm »

My issue with it really is that you're binding two conflicting critical actions to a single input; Moving and attacking. Considering positioning can make a do-or-die moment, you would think they might want to give you better control over your character. I don't see why shifting skill/item keys around WASD would really be an issue. Most games do it?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2011, 12:47:13 pm »

If you are so inclined, and maybe if you were born with three hands... you can feel free to download autohotkey here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

It'll let you remap mouse movement to WASD. After that you can try to figure out how to map QWER 123456 and all the shift, ctrl, and alt combinations of them somewhere else while using the mouse cursor to point at stuff so things can happen. Good luck!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »

If you are so inclined, and maybe if you were born with three hands... you can feel free to download autohotkey here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

It'll let you remap mouse movement to WASD. After that you can try to figure out how to map QWER 123456 and all the shift, ctrl, and alt combinations of them somewhere else while using the mouse cursor to point at stuff so things can happen. Good luck!
Like the casting in Arx Fatalis, but lamer.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »

I actually could see using WASD for it, and I'm honestly not sure why it hasn't been tried as an option yet. But still, I think most people are used to it now and would much prefer to stick to the RTS way of doing things. Plus some heroes end up with other people to order around. WASD tends to fall apart when you have more than one character to deal with.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2011, 06:23:27 pm »

... why would it be WASD based... How would they even keybind everything if it was WASD based... =|

Bloodline Champions manages it and they have five different skills and an ultimate for each character.

WASD movement, Mouse1 normal attack, Mouse2, Q, E, R, Space for normal skills, F ultimate, Z and X for EX moves, 123 for medaillons and mouse movement to change camera position + aim your spells. It's like everything is skillshots and smartcast based.

And it works.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »

It works in guild wars too, but this isn't guild wars. Nor is DotA2 a game like guild wars.

It's so much fun to spectate random pub games. So much fun. If you haven't had much experience with DotA before and have a beta invitation, I suggest you do that for many games. It'll tell you how and how not to play. Spectacularly.

Also gives a chance for people to talk about how others are playing the game wrong and right, but mostly wrong. :D

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 246