Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239186 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #840 on: September 06, 2012, 02:16:02 am »

This game makes me hate humanity.

Playing Antimage, CSing well, at least for my skill level and winning lane against a Tidehunter and a Bountyhunter, to the point where I'm harassing, CSing and denying more then both combined. I have two kill and feeling pretty good about myself. And then I see the score is 2-11. Okay, we can come back from this, just gotta play carefully and not get cau-

Game ends with a 25 kill Bountyhunter who could three shot anyone on our team. God fucking dammit.
yeah some people are really bad at the game...I mean you can only carry your team so far then your back breaks it good to find a party of at least one other person to play with so you don't end up with to many LoL players feeders.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20:07 am »

It's because people don't understand when they start becoming food. The moment you start to feel like a Salisbury Steak, it's time to apply the buddy system and stick next to your teammates.

There's nothing that annoys me more then playing (insert assassin hero here), kicking ass, then suddenly the entire enemy team moves as one cohesive mass and I'm forced into teamfights with a character designed at taking out single targets.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 06, 2012, 02:21:13 am »

Playing Antimage, CSing well, at least for my skill level and winning lane against a Tidehunter and a Bountyhunter, to the point where I'm harassing, CSing and denying more then both combined. I have two kill and feeling pretty good about myself. And then I see the score is 2-11. Okay, we can come back from this, just gotta play carefully and not get cau-

Game ends with a 25 kill Bountyhunter who could three shot anyone on our team. God fucking dammit.
yeah some people are really bad at the game...I mean you can only carry your team so far then your back breaks it good to find a party of at least one other person to play with so you don't end up with to many LoL players feeders.

Actually I've never heard anyone call people 'feeders' in Dota 2, but I heard that word at least in every other LoL game. I think you just revealed yourself as once being part of the group you mock. (Or you just played HoN)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:35:52 am by LASD »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:53 am »

Actually I've never heard anyone call people 'feeders' in Dota, but I heard that word at least in every other LoL game. I think you just revealed yourself as once being part of the group you mock. (Or you just played HoN)
I'll never play HoN I have played LoL, have like 300+ hours on it but I also played DOTA 1 so jumping in to DOTA 2 when I got into the beta was less of a hurdler. Dota 2 is harder then LoL but I do like some of the stuff but I'll most likely never play it again also Hats. >_>

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:52 am »

The term originated in Dota.  Don't know how you didn't hear it.  Maybe you stayed away from pubs.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 06, 2012, 03:26:32 am »

The term originated in Dota.  Don't know how you didn't hear it.  Maybe you stayed away from pubs.
Yeah, Never played pubs in dota kinda hard to get in with all the RAAAAGE just played with some friends and played a lot of Warcraft 3.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:44 am »

I'm sure the term "feeder" originated in Aeon of Strife, because I vaguely remember it referenced in Starcraft (when I was around twelve), but I suppose it only really gained popularity (if you can call it that) in the original DotA and similar games that allow your enemies to have some form of gain from the death of a teammate. Vampirism: Blood and Fire games come to mind as well.

League, as you may find with many things that are attributed to it, did not come up with most of the concepts, verbage, or general gameplay in its own game. It just made the genre much more accessible with a bit of copy-paste and minor changes to the meta as it grew into it's own game. However, since it was something that became relatively "mainstream" (and I hate to use the term, since it makes me sound hipster) tends to have misconceptions about it's origins. I'm not saying it's a bad game, because I play both League and DotA 2 and acknowledge them each for what they are.

Neither game has changed a bit insofar as the playerbase's rage-ridden spewing and elitism  or the fact that Brazilians are still the laughing stock of the game. The game may change, but the players never grow up. remember Banlist? I do, and these are hilarious. The news that the report system in League was similarly close to a level of abuse made me laugh heartily.] And then cry a bit due to the fact that the two games are much more similar than they believe to be.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:34 am »

Yeaaah... the heartily useless condemnation to "stop feeding, fucking newb" (How? Just do! The method of doing so is some kind of strange aetheric voodoo you pull from your nethers!) has been around since AoS maps (LoL, DotA, HoN, etc., are still SC/WC3 custom maps to me :P) went competitive. So mostly WC3 -- AoS maps were more PvE in SC. Feeder showed up waay before DotA did, though :P

As for the community and the poorer players, you just have to make regular use of the /ignore command equivalent in the case of the former and laugh and laugh and laugh in the case of the latter. Don't rage; see it as the unintentional joke it is. Or the intentional one, in which case report for troll!feeding and move on.

You can try to give bits of advice (3v1 is bad odds, friend! Don't do that unless you know you can actually kill them all, or at least survive the experience. If you're obviously losing an engagement or starting to feed, get a goddamn friend or swap lanes! Stuff like that.) but as near as I can tell most people already doing poorly have trouble adjusting on the fly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 06, 2012, 07:48:08 am »

Watch this and you will never say again Warlock is a bad hero -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMb1LqGNRc

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 06, 2012, 05:26:07 pm »

They need to update the bots a Jungling Chen bot would be a nightmare that micro or a Invoker bot.

I remember when Invoker had 28 spell also Gambler.....

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 07, 2012, 12:10:33 am »

I can throw my boat into the "never heard feeder in DotA 2" crowd and I've played quite a huge number of games. Might chalk that one up to the very well done ignore system which I use very liberally.

I have been entertaining the idea of making a macro just to automute everyone at the start of every game. I have yet to encounter anyone in the game even remotely intelligent enough to know what he's talking about and anyone giving orders to other randoms merely reveals himself to be an absolute dumbass when the plans inevitably fail. I have never met someone who's the following:

- eager to lead a team of random people
- smart enough to know how to lead

Easier just to talk to friends on skype and ignore all the pubbers.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 07, 2012, 05:19:15 am »

I've been trying my pentabattlefury bounty strategy and, though it works really good at mid game, at late game makes me too squishy, so I'm removing a battlefury and adding a tarrasque after the third battlefury (After the second I get to farm like a mad man), but I'm not satisfied. Tarrasque is too expensive for only a bunch of life (I have plenty life regen from the battle furys)

So, what survivality item do you think I should add? I already have a very nice armor from stats, and I can't think of another thing than tarrasque, bkb (Even worse than tarrasque) or cuirass (more armor isn't really worth it, and AS as bounty hunter isn't that useful)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #852 on: September 07, 2012, 05:22:47 am »

MKB for damage and attack speed? Satanic for lifesteal, health and damage?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 07, 2012, 06:41:36 am »

Don't do a battlefury bh build.  It makes god cry.  Seriously, it's bad.  I don't care how many people you pwn with it.

On the other hand, if you do decide to build it, don't be a pussy.  You're already building a trolltastic troll build.  Build DR.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 07, 2012, 06:47:19 am »

Don't do a battlefury bh build.  It makes god cry.  Seriously, it's bad.  I don't care how many people you pwn with it.

On the other hand, if you do decide to build it, don't be a pussy.  You're already building a trolltastic troll build.  Build DR.
But the ones I want to troll are the enemies, not my team if I die.

After a look, I think that the best solutions for my issue are a heaven's halberd, a linken's sphere or a bloodstone. They keep the troll part of my build and give me the HP I need with a nice passive each one. The only thing left to do is being good enough to manage to do good with mana boots instead of phase boots.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 246