Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239192 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #825 on: September 04, 2012, 07:56:51 pm »

Is it somewhere between these?

"as disappointed as a mother at her basement-dwelling loser son"
"as disappointed as Rubick spellstealing anchor smash"
"as disappointed as a Star Wars fan hearing what George Lucas is doing next to their series"

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 04, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

I wouldn't be too dissapointed stealing anchor smash as rubick, it's a 40% damage reduction in an small aoe and then rubick can cast fade bolt, dropping hero damage by 32.

It's no ravage, but it's nice to see a morphling do something like 112 less damage if that hero has 200 damage.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »

I wouldn't be too dissapointed stealing anchor smash as rubick, it's a 40% damage reduction in an small aoe and then rubick can cast fade bolt, dropping hero damage by 32.

It's no ravage, but it's nice to see a morphling do something like 112 less damage if that hero has 200 damage.
but you really don't want to be that close as rubick your probably just die.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 04, 2012, 08:22:10 pm »

But if there's a morph you already have 2k hp ;)

and no armor.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 04, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »

How about as disappointed as randoming Alchemist then.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 04, 2012, 08:25:09 pm »

Is that as bad as randoming warlock?  He seems to get a lot of hate, though I think he's a fine support.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:08 pm »

Alchemist is a great support/tank/carry, and Warlock has one of the better initiation/pushing skills in that golem thingy his ulti summons.

I think the disappointment scale would be better represented with "as disappointed as when you cast Laguna Blade on a creep".
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:49 pm »

as disappointed when Doombringer dooms an illusion.  8)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:43 pm »

Alchemist is a great support/tank/carry, and Warlock has one of the better initiation/pushing skills in that golem thingy his ulti summons.

I think the disappointment scale would be better represented with "as disappointed as when you cast Laguna Blade on a creep".

And are both boring D:

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »

Probably is why most people don't like them.  Alchie is a real farm carry, which not many people actually like and warlock is a real support support, which almost no one likes.

They are not gank heroes at all.  Though alchie would fit well with a setup stun and a smoke gank.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 04, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »

The only thing going for warlock is his ult witch you can get enigma or tide who can do other things warlock has no late game at all really he really has no impact in fights.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 04, 2012, 09:28:46 pm »

*buzzer*

That's what most people think and that's why they're wrong.

Shadow word, upheaval, and fatal bonds are not nothing and they're really fantastic skills.

His ult is lack-luster because it's supposed to be immediately followed by upheaval.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 04, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »

Warlock's not that bad, though I think he would be better if his ult stunned for 2 seconds instead of 1.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:56 pm »

You *could* play Alche as a semi carry like VS. As for Warlock.. he's one of the more versatile initiator/AoE damage types around. Fatal bonds can be a good debuff when you chain it on the heroes, and watch as they all take damage and share it amongst themselves :D

However I do understand that sometimes people like to play interesting heroes whose playstyle is not just limited to "vomit spells lose mana autoattack a little 'I'm spent I'm outta here' some gold".
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 06, 2012, 02:11:21 am »

This game makes me hate humanity.

Playing Antimage, CSing well, at least for my skill level and winning lane against a Tidehunter and a Bountyhunter, to the point where I'm harassing, CSing and denying more then both combined. I have two kill and feeling pretty good about myself. And then I see the score is 2-11. Okay, we can come back from this, just gotta play carefully and not get cau-

Game ends with a 25 kill Bountyhunter who could three shot anyone on our team. God fucking dammit.

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 246